Did You Have Vaccine Side-Effects?

Did You Have Vaccine Side Effects?

• No (other than sore arm)

Votes: 78 34.5%
  • Minor (headache, tired, minor fever)

Votes: 98 43.4%
  • Mid-Level (nausea, fever, multi-day yucky-ness)

Votes: 48 21.2%
  • Serious

Votes: 2 0.9%

• Total voters
I wanted to add- for our first shots most of us were recommended to drink plenty of water afterwards to help ward off side effects.
Yesterday I was also recommended to drink plenty of water before going in for the shot.

I guess hydration has been shown to help? Haven’t seen any studies yet though.

1st Moderna: sore arm and headache

2nd Moderna: 100.7 fever, nausea, chills, muscle and joint pain. (Never realized how many joints there are in the feet.) Felt a little off on the second day, but much better.

DH had sore arm after the first Moderna and no side effects after the second.

I voted minor. I had Pfizer. Sore arm after first shot. Second shot again sore arm and the next day I was very tired (although can't completely contribute to the shot because the 2 nights prior the puppy kept waking me up so that could have been the reason too.)

DH only had a slightly sore arm.

There have been six people vaccinated in my immediate household.

4 with Pfizer - nothing other than a sore arm for all, all agree that the second shot arm was much less sore than the first shot arm.

2 with J&J - my mother in law developed a slight fever <100 for a few hours several hours after the shot. Both had a sore arm similar to a flu shot.

102 temp (just the first night, then lower grade 100ish after that.) Killer headache and slightly queasy stomach that lasted almost 4 days. Everyone told me it would be over in 24 hours...NOT.

Pfizer. First shot just a little sore. Second shot exhausted and body ached. But that is somewhat natural to me due to all the hours I had worked so it may have been unrelated

I wanted to add- for our first shots most of us were recommended to drink plenty of water afterwards to help ward off side effects.
Yesterday I was also recommended to drink plenty of water before going in for the shot.

I guess hydration has been shown to help? Haven’t seen any studies yet though.
didn't help me. But hopefully others.

We all got Pfizer.
My 1st and 2nd shots: no side effects
DD 22: 1st shot - nothing, 2nd shot - achey legs.
DS 24: 1st shot - nothing
DH: 1st shot - tired

I’ll report back in late May when DS and DH get their 2nd shots.

I've only had my first shot (Pfizer) and I think the only symptom was a sore arm. Turns out I was exposed to Covid the day before my shot, so I was super paranoid about every little twinge (some minor muscle aches, headache, ocular migraine) for most of last week and I'm not sure if anything was a vaccine side effect or just psychosomatic.

Moderna - 1st shot sore arm for about 2 days and tired. 2nd shot was sure I was dying and if not wished I would. Hurt in bones and muscles (not ache hurt) severe headache, diarrhea, throwing up, chills, slight fever. Started around 3 am and the most severe ended around 3 pm with the headache toning down to a dull ache for 2 days. No appetite for 3 days (good way to loose those 5 extra Disney pounds)

Hubby - Moderna - 1st shot nothing but a little tired. Got his second yesterday, was a little tired last night, headache today but just a dull one, arm a tad sore, stomach a little upset but nothing worse than if you ate too much. I officially dislike him a lot, was going to hate him had he had no symptoms.

This sounds like my husband and I. I had my first Moderna vaccine five days before he got his. The first two days, my arm was so sore that I couldn't move it at all. That dissipated and was no big deal. I also took a four hour nap the day after I received it. I thought I was home free and feeling pretty good about the whole experience and how I hadn't had any of the flu-like symptoms or more major body aches. That all changed five days post-vaccine...

I awoke at 1 am after rolling over in bed and being hit with the worst dizziness I have ever experienced. I swayed my way to the bathroom with the vertigo threatening to pitch me down the stairs. I got to the toilet in time to vomit and managed to repeat that scenario three more times by morning. The dizziness and nausea...there are no words for it. It was constant and unrelenting. The slightest movement set everything spinning and the vomiting would follow. Closing my eyes made it worse, so I laid on the bed, unmoving, not eating, hardly able to focus for the entire day. I thought I was doing a little better about 18 hours after it had started, so tried to eat something, but that just resulted in me throwing up three more times before bed. I rolled over three times that second night...I know, because the dizziness would hit me again, but thankfully, the nausea had dialed back a bit. By mid-morning the next day, I was doing a lot better. My husband had looked up the symptoms of delayed dizziness/vertigo online, where he read that it was caused by an immune response and inflammation in the inner ear.

My husband got his first shot while I was in the midst of all of this. I at least expected him to be tired, but nope. He flapped his arm around, showing me how much mobility he had, and hasn't needed an extra nap at all!!! Not that I wish what I had on anybody else, but seriously??? He had practically no noticeable reaction.

I will say that I am super nervous for my second shot, given that much of what I have read says that the second dose packs the punch. The first dose stimulates the immune system, and the second dose causes a stronger immune response. This does not bode well for me.

ETA: I didn't know what to answer for the poll. To me, this was a serious response...debilitating and a living hell for a day, but it wasn't life threatening. There are definitely more serious side effects, such as anaphylaxis, blood clots, or death, but while I was going through this, it was pretty awful.

Last edited:
Reactions: shh
Just had my 2nd yesterday and so far so good. 1st was just a sore arm and really tired for a few days but our family is going through a very stressful time right now so it could've been the stress making more tired.

DH gets his #2 later today. 1st he had not side effects...not even a sore arm.

I'll be back to vote when I'm about 24 hours out. :thumbsup2

My DH got his second Pfizer dose a few days ago. He has a compromised immune system and has a cold with no fever which started 2 weeks after the first dose but is not sure if just a coincidence or if it is a side effect. Other than that he has been doing pretty well. I have not gotten either yet wanted to wait to sign up until I was sure he is ok.

Someone mentioned in another thread that they wonder if we hear so much about side-effects because people are more inclined to say something if they feel like crap. I just thought we could have an informal poll here.
My mom felt absolutely lousy after her 2nd shot but my dad felt nothing and both were taken from same little bottle.

I had minor symptoms after 1st jab, a little achy and a 99 degree 'fever' (I never read above 98 unless I'm sick). Today is 2nd day after 2nd shot and ... my arm is much more sore than last time but otherwise nothing really.

I got my first shot of AZ last week (along with my wife). Day of I was fine. Next day my back was stiff and sore - not unlike a persistent backache. It was grocery day, and I had to go around doing that, but the pain was pretty persistent. Took a 200mg ibuprofen to ease the pain a bit.

Next day the pain was lingering, and gone by noon.

Overall, I feel that putting up with that one day will be worth it. But that one day, in a word, sucked.

Minor for me but nothing for my dh. He had his 2nd Maderna yesterday at 1230 and mine was at 145. He has a slightly sore arm but that’s it. My arm is very sore and I woke up with minor chills, body aches, fever of 100.2, tiredness and headache. I may be slowly feeling better now. As far as I know neither one of us had COVID in the past.

I chose minor.

Pfizer.
First shot -- sore arm but I've had worse with flu shots. Only lasted a day.
Second shot --tired and joints ached the next day, but fine the day after that. (but we also had a 20+ degree temperature swing and it rained) so the tiredness/aches might not have been entirely the shot's fault.

My husband and I both had Moderna.

After my first shot, I had a sore arm.
After my second shot, I had a sore arm and some minor fatigue (although I didn’t sleep very well. And I have a 5 year old. Pretty sure I’m always some level of fatigued. Lol).
My 2nd shot was 2 days ago and I feel fine today, aside from some very mild lingering soreness.

DH had a sore arm after his first shot, and he also had a pretty big injection site reaction. Most of his bicep was a big red circle about a week after.
The day after his 2nd shot, he had a low fever (low 100s), chills, headache, and sore arm. He felt better the following day. His shot was 3 days ago, so I’m curious to find out if that injection site reaction develops again.

I had just a sore arm after the first Pfizer. I had some tiredness in the week afterwards, but it also correlated to a time in my monthly cycle where fatigue is expected, so not sure I can blame the shot.

After the second, I had a sore arm again along with a VERY minor feeling of "body aches" in my core and some skin sensitivity on my arms and hands. It was a fleeting thing, lasting for maybe an hour, that took place about 5 hours post shot.

Pfizer for me.
1st shot - normal post-shot sore arm
2nd shot - I would say minor symptoms, nausea, lack of appetite, low-grade fever, tired - all started 12 hours after the shot and lasted about 12 hours

I would do it all again in a heartbeat.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter