Did you get what you wanted?

Yes, I got free dining for 9 nights at AoA in a Cars Suite (upgraded from QSDP to DDP). Very excited and checking the latest restaurant news on this board!

Yes! And bc of airfare prices, it was actually cheaper for us to add an extra night on to the trip then to not! Woo hoo!

At 5:15 I logged on and booked CBR from Dec 19-23rd, which is what I was hoping for. I kind of wish I had added that Sunday as well, but I might call and try to get it added. We usually go during the summer, stay with a room discount and pay for food OOP. This is our first stay at a moderate and we really needed to do a budget trip this time since we're also taking a cruise this year (non Disney). I'm really excited to see Disney at Christmas!

Yes, we are limited in choices as a family of 5 plus a baby- we really wanted POR but would have taken CBR. I ended up getting a river view room in Alligator Bayou. When I booked all POR categories were available, except for standard. All categories were available at CBR at the time of my booking. I'm thankful I checked in the middle of the night (MDT), because both of those resorts were gone by lunch time.

Yep. I already had a CBR standard room reservation and I modified and added free dining online this morning!

I had a room only booked for December 17-23 as we were going regardless of any promotions. Disney does not like families of 5 so it makes our options very limited!! Anyway I was up most of the night and managed to get a pool/water view with free dining at CBR. I would've preferred a standard room to save the money. I had my reservation secured by 3:19 am (central). I then did my sister-in-laws reservations and was able to get her to CBR standards. How was it not available BEFORE when I did my booking??

Nope not a bit :) I found a moderate for the price if the value we did last year. He didn't bite so we are camping at the fort. No dining, no park tickets, but it will still be fun :)

I had a room only booked for December 17-23 as we were going regardless of any promotions. Disney does not like families of 5 so it makes our options very limited!! Anyway I was up most of the night and managed to get a pool/water view with free dining at CBR. I would've preferred a standard room to save the money. I had my reservation secured by 3:19 am (central). I then did my sister-in-laws reservations and was able to get her to CBR standards. How was it not available BEFORE when I did my booking??

Somebody may have had it in their cart to place it on hold, then spent a few minutes looking at other options, selected one of them, releasing the standard room back into the pool. Once you put a room in your cart, it will hold it for you for 10 minutes, at least according to the notice that appeared on my screen the other day.

Yes! I wasn't picking about whether we got CBR or POR for our dates; 15-24 September and managed to get a POR Pool view. I'd made a list of all 8 categories we'd consider (complete with RO/FD analysis) and POR PV was third or fourth on the list so I was pretty happy. By the time I finished, there was NOTHING left for our dates at either resort so I was glad I was on it right at 4am. Nothing has shown up since either. I had other friends with families of five that missed out for September :( Seems to be greater availability later in the year.

I was originally booked for a CBR preferred room with park hoppers and dining. Then the FD madness began. I was able to get pirate rooms-no or deluxe--way out of budget. I called and spent HOURS on the phone. I was only able to get a room discount (25%) which I was happy because it saved me a few hundred dollars. The cm I spoke to was very nice and told me to keep checking and calling once the madness died down. Then as I was obsessively looking up different deals I saw that visa had different rooms available than being offered by the free dining. I signed up for a visa online and it allowed me to get free dining at CBR in a preferred room. It saved me $1000! I'm happy to say the least.

Can you switch the names on the reservations? If it's cheaper for you I vote you get the savings since your the one who stayed up all night to get it booked.

Almost. I booked CBR Standard when it came available Monday (mid-day), but we really wanted POR. Just a few minutes ago POR Garden View popped up, so I modified to that. Still hoping to shift down to a standard and save a bit more.

I see the other Free Dining threads have been locked, so I'll just leave this here.

I will be cancelling 3 rooms of my client’s POP CENTURY PREFERRED POOL VIEW ROOM w/ Free Dining. Dates are 9/10-9/18.

I’m not sure how long it takes for rooms to recycle through the Disney website, but feel free to PM me as to when they will be cancelled. (sometime late this morning) I’m just waiting for the final decision from my clients.

I was finally able to get what we wanted - standard room at CBR for our dates, had to cut off the last day (8th day at park) but not terribly upset about that. There are still more available too - keep checking folks!

I couldn't find anything cheaper than just going in August before school starts. Our state is strict about attendance and I'd rather not pull them out of school so the only option was get a dv card or go the weekend before thanksgiving. Maybe free dining just isn't a deal for us?

Got exactly what we wanted other than Cars instead of Nemo at AoA. My girls were fine with it once I explained they'd still be able to swim in the Nemo pool

On my gosh :scared1: ... stayed up almost all night on the 24th/25th and waited for free dining -- wanted Riverside but ended up getting All Stars Music. Still was super happy to get free dining BUT just couldn't leave it alone.

Was able to switch dates and then got Riverside Royal Rooms but this was a lot more than I wanted to spend ... and just this morning was able to switch to Riverside Garden View. Will not be checking anymore - now on to changing all of my dining reservations. Sending pixie dust and hoping everyone gets what they want!
pixiedust:

Booked ASSp FD for late Sept since Pop wasn't available (I tried right when it dropped), but I was checking everyday the last few days, even pushing back a day or two, since some have suggested that more may eventually open up. There wasn't anything and seemingly inventory lessened day by day until today! Checked just now and got the exact dates we wanted at Pop that weren't previously available! We are staying for 8 days so didn't expect much, but for our block of dates, everything from Standard was available all the sudden!

Can you switch the names on the reservations? If it's cheaper for you I vote you get the savings since your the one who stayed up all night to get it booked.
No worries now! Was able to get a standard room at CBR this morning! but you're right I should have taken the standard for myself as payment! lol

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter