Did you get to book everyting you wanted for the Nov. 11, cruise?

connie1042

DIS Veteran
We had a TA do ours and did not get Palo or any greet and meets. I got on and found Palo Brunch, so booked that. Did not get our shore excursion in GC that I wanted. Something similar, but I wanted the other one because of the easy access on and off the boat. We did get an 11:30 PAT, which was nice. What will our chances be for getting Anna, Elsa and princess Meet and greet on the boat. Did get character breakfast.

We had a TA do ours and did not get Palo or any greet and meets. I got on and found Palo Brunch, so booked that. Did not get our shore excursion in GC that I wanted. Something similar, but I wanted the other one because of the easy access on and off the boat. We did get an 11:30 PAT, which was nice. What will our chances be for getting Anna, Elsa and princess Meet and greet on the boat. Did get character breakfast.
Often TAs can't (or won't) be online when excursions open at midnight eastern time. That's why most people just do their own.

I've read that, sometimes, there are tickets for the ticketed events onboard, but very limited. Good luck on that.

I'd also suggest you keep an eye on the excursion you wanted. Many times people book excursions "just in case" and then cancel them. All the way up to 3 days prior to the cruise. Same advice for other things you didn't get.

If the M&Gs are super important to you, first, keep checking before the cruise as sometimes things do open up. But if they don't, go directly to guest services (or better yet divide and conquer - one adult in line for guest services and one for port adventures as they sometimes change the location) to see if there are any available.

edit to add: I definitely agree with @PrincessShmoo that if excursions, etc. are super important to me, I make sure *I* am up at midnight to do it. I don't deal with travel agents anyway, but I'd certainly never trust one to be up at midnight to book my stuff.

I did not book this cruise and I didn't want to make my daughter feel bad. BUT never again. I have never been on a Disney Cruise, so was not sure how how things worked. I do now and will never use a TA again.

I did not book this cruise and I didn't want to make my daughter feel bad. BUT never again. I have never been on a Disney Cruise, so was not sure how how things worked. I do now and will never use a TA again.

I know TA have onboard credits and different perks, but I always book my own cruise through the DCL website or I call DCL directly. This way I have total control over my vacation. Good luck. Enjoy your cruise.

I only use a TA to get on board credit (usually $200 or more). I do everything else myself including picking the stateroom. You got a good PAT and a character breakfast, which are limited, yourself. M&Gs open up all the time, including closer to your cruise date and upon embarkation, as above posters note. That would never stop me from using a TA and getting free money. But that's just my opinion. Also you.don't have to book a.DCL.excursion, and I'm wondering what you are looking for in Grand Cayman, bc you have to tender no matter what excursion (just wondering what excursion is more easy on/off the boat).

ETA: They are offering Palo reservations for first night's dinner upon embarkation now also, in case you want to try that.

Agree with PP, I use a TA for the onboard credit but book my own excursions and activities at midnight when it opens up. I wouldn't worry too much about the meet and greets. Just try to get tickets the minute you board. If they are "sold out" asked to be waitlisted. Find it hard to believe they would deny someone who paid thousands of dollars the opportunity to see characters- excursions are contracted with third parties so that is different. The drink tastings are "sold out" on our cruise but I have a feeling a bunch of them will open up on board. The only time I have seen people denied is when they try to get in line the day of without tickets.

Since you asked, yes I was logged on right at midnight for a first time cruiser (client) for the 11/11 sailing. I was able to secure everything she wanted that we spoke about and that included Port adventures, the Princess Gathering, Frozen Meet and Greet, and Character breakfast. I also secured an 11:00am PAT time.

I simply believe in treating others like I'd expect to be treated and do for them, even if I don't NEED to stay up till midnight since I'm Platinum but I still do for mine :) It's part of the fun!

I'm sorry to hear you were disappointed and as others stated, definitely check onboard once you do get on!

I hope you have a great cruise!

Heather

Ps. In case you didn't already know, make sure when you board you also sign up and get tickets for the gingerbread house making class!

Agree with PP, I use a TA for the onboard credit but book my own excursions and activities at midnight when it opens up. I wouldn't worry too much about the meet and greets. Just try to get tickets the minute you board. If they are "sold out" asked to be waitlisted. Find it hard to believe they would deny someone who paid thousands of dollars the opportunity to see characters- excursions are contracted with third parties so that is different. The drink tastings are "sold out" on our cruise but I have a feeling a bunch of them will open up on board. The only time I have seen people denied is when they try to get in line the day of without tickets.

The ticketed meet and greets DO sell out. They are timed to accommodate a certain number of people, and when those tickets are gone, they are gone (some may be held back for on board, but it is not always a lot). I *did* see people turned away on the Magic in February. The non-Frozen princesses will likely have individual non-ticketed meet and greets during the cruise, so they can be seen then.

Honestly, even the non-ticketed meet and greets only accommodate so many. Once a line is filled with the number that a time slot will accommodate, there will be a CM at the end either letting people know that the line is closed OR that the line for that character is closed and the guests after that point are in line for the next character.

The only thing I was hoping for, was a cabana on CC, but they were sold out already. I figure it saved me a few hundred dollars and booked snorkeling instead. :idea:

The excursion on GC is stingray city. The boat I wanted had stairs, like normal stairs. Thought it would be easier, since I am having hip replacement surgery the day after I get home. I think it was G39. But I am fine with what we have. I hope to get some Meet and Greet, but we will have a grand time with or without them. I am a great WDW planner, but this is a new experience for me. I would of had her book with Dreams unlimited, for the onboard credit and experience had she asked.

Like previous posters, my TA helped me navigate choosing a room, my gluten-free request, and other random questions. I got an onboard credit and then made all of my own reservations at midnight. I plan on doing this again...it's like I had an assistant in my vacation planning, but I still had control of it.

I was on at 12:01 AM on opening day (90 days before cruise as they are silver) and got everything they wanted and an early PAT as well.

You possibly could still land meet and greet tickets once on board, but you could also check 3 to 5 days before sailing to see if anyone has dropped a meet and greet time. Any time after 3 days before sailing, you will be unable to access your reservation to make changes etc.
Have a great cruise!

Last edited:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter