Did you get covid from WDW?

Do you think you caught covid from your WDW trip?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
I think the better way to look at it is there are people are everywhere we go. Germs are everywhere. I sure have caught Norovirus and Strep in Disney several times. YUCK! Best thing to do is keep your immune system boosted.......and don't lick any windows or handrails. :rotfl2: There is really no way to determine where you get sick unless you are knowingly in contact with a sick person who says "hey, I have xxxxxx".
I saw 2 kids licking their hotel windows or handrails on my last trip! :rotfl2:We stayed at Coronado and were walking to the food court when we saw a kid jumping and licking his room window. Also, on our way to ROTR, there was a kid licking the handrails and his dad told him that he has to stop. It was GROTESQUE! Aside from that, we were at DW for 2 weeks from end of January to beginning of February and didn't catch anything. I was worried about TS restaurants, too. But, they were the safest, in my opinion. We had reservations for dinner around 5 every night because DD is T1D and gets low after a day of walking. So, it's good to get dinner in her early and it beats the crowds. Knock on wood, going to DL in a couple of weeks!

Last edited:
Thanks for everyone’s votes and comments. I agree with all posters here. There is no way to unequivocally know where you caught the virus, however, even though not at all scientific, it does ease my mind to know that most people visit and come home healthy!!!

Thanks for everyone’s votes and comments. I agree with all posters here. There is no way to unequivocally know where you caught the virus, however, even though not at all scientific, it does ease my mind to know that most people visit and come home healthy!!!
7 of us, including 2 toddlers, spent two weeks in Disney world In January. None of us got sick with anything.

We live about 15 minutes feom the parks and visit often. We go weekly. My DH, myself, and DS13 have been vaccinated. Our just turned 4 DD has not been. We have neighbors and friends that go often as well. We have dozens of families that we know that have had covid, and yes it has been during the time of a park visit.....but, really there is no way to definitely say that got it AT WDW. They could have gotten at Publix near WDW🙄. It is here, there is definitely a risk, especially now that masks aren't being worn indoors. We have not had covid that I know of, however we have gotten an incredibly bad case of RSV that put my DD4in the hospital from WDW. My DH works from home, we homeschool my DS13, and the only place we had gone within the previous 8 days was Magic kingdom ( not even a gas run or groceries!) If you are going to be petrified of getting it while visiting, then wait until all are vaccinated. If you are okay with the risk, then go and have fun.

We are not local, but we have been trying to make the most of our AP and have been 6 times since Labor Day, most recently last weekend when masks were rare. We have to fly to get to Orlando. We have never stopped wearing KN95s at Disney, even outside unless there is no one around at all. We mostly outdoor dine with rare indoor dining and try to stay distanced if it comes to it. We have thankfully never had COVID (we test before and after every trip). We had a Disney Cruise in Jan. Our diligent mask wearing has proven (with luck as well) that it CAN be done, I still would not go to the parks before a cruise. Not worth the risk of testing positive at port imo.

I have't told my covid story on the Dis before.

I'm fairly local and have been to Disney at least 15 times since the pandemic and never got it...until...

I was planning on doing the Dopey challenge in January so rented DVC points for 5 days in January. I ended up signing up only for the marathon so I had three days in Disney before the race. On Friday when I was leaving MK I got in line for the bus to OKW behind an older couple. I kept a distance between us, but then a couple of late teen/early 20s boys/men came right up behind me. The older couple hollered back to them "what are you doing?" or something similar, and one of the young men answered something along the lines of "he's not feeling good so we're going back too." I asked the men if they'd like to move past me and join the couple in front of me (I assume probably their parents?) but they said no thanks, and then proceeded to occasionally shout something back and forth to each other. Although I kept myself at a distance from the older couple, I couldn't do anything about the younger men standing right smack behind me. When we got on the bus, the older couple of course boarded first, and I sat far from them thinking the young men would sit near them, but no. They went way to the back of the bus, and continued the occasional shouting back and forth, with masks pulled down to their chins. I was sitting directly between the two groups. By now one of the young men had started coughing occasionally (mask still pulled down).

Sunday (marathon day) I woke up with a slight sore throat but put it down to the fact that it was 2:00am and I had barely slept due to pre-marathon nerves. It got very hot over the course of the marathon and I was very slow (this was my first one) so I finished in the full heat of the day. I was not feeling my best when I finished, but hey--I'd just run a marathon--should I expect to feel physically perky? I honestly think I was in some kind of runner's daze because I felt pretty good about finishing, just tired, and made it onto the bus to go back to the resort still feeling...Not Awful. Then on the bus on the way back to OKW I started to feel...Awful. I limped (blisters and severely bruised toenails) back to my room, took a long hot shower, and lay down for a nap. When I woke up I knew that either I was sick or had some form/combination of heat exhaustion/dehydration/marathon blahs. I was supposed to drive home that evening because I teach at a university and our semester started the next day, but I just couldn't do it right then. I knew I really needed to get a covid test before I turned up to campus in person anyway, so I made an announcement cancelling class. The next day I actually felt quite a bit better and thought it was just the marathon that had affected me. I drove home and took an at-home covid test we kept on-hand and...covid.

I never really felt very sick after that first day and never developed any kind of a cough, which I thought was odd.

Of course I can't say for sure I got it from the young man on the bus, and I can't even say for sure that I got it at Disney, but the odds are pretty good that I got it there somewhere.

What I feel bad about is the fact that I could have passed it along to any number of other runners. In the running thread, a lot of us reported coming home with it.

I’m about 90% certain we got COVID either at Disney or during our traveling when we went the first week of March in 2020. When we went the last week in March of 2021 with covid precautions in place (but no vaccines yet) we did not get sick.

Mods, I’m not sure if this type of thread is allowed. And if not I’m extremely sorry. I’m not looking for debate. Just trying to gauge how risky it is to visit WDW.

We are scheduled to visit in 2 months and have 5 days pre-cruise booked, so we absolutely cannot get covid in the parks, due to testing prior to boarding. We are planning 1 day at MK and 2 nights at Disney Springs only to reduce our risk. We have 3 unvaccinated children/infants in our party.

This type of thread exists over on the DCL thread but I was wondering if you got or believe you got covid from WDW?

Thanks so much.
I'm just not sure how you would ever be able to decipher or get any real information/facts from this. Unless a family self-isolated leading up to their trip and then drove themselves without stopping down to Disney and tested as soon as they left; there would be no way of knowing where someone may have picked it up from.

Generally speaking, I think any place (grocery store, school, etc.) you visit you have a pretty good chance of being exposed to it.

In any event, we've been 5 times since reopening, most recently this past week and as far as we know we have not gotten sick. Each time we have somewhere between 4-11 ppl in our group and only where masks where required, which this past trip was only on transportation.

Also, for those using at home tests, we've been told by multiple doctors to always follow up with a test from your Dr. At home tests seem to not be very reliable. My step-mom has had 2 false positives, along with once for my dad....they will no longer use them as their Dr. said they're basically a 50/50 shot at accuracy. My uncle who is a biochemist and pharmacist had a false negative and has basically said the same after speaking with his Dr. that the at- home tests don't hold much water.

Last edited:
Mods, I’m not sure if this type of thread is allowed. And if not I’m extremely sorry. I’m not looking for debate. Just trying to gauge how risky it is to visit WDW.

We are scheduled to visit in 2 months and have 5 days pre-cruise booked, so we absolutely cannot get covid in the parks, due to testing prior to boarding. We are planning 1 day at MK and 2 nights at Disney Springs only to reduce our risk. We have 3 unvaccinated children/infants in our party.

This type of thread exists over on the DCL thread but I was wondering if you got or believe you got covid from WDW?

Thanks so much.

Nope but I caught a stomache bug once...... Disney has always been Germy.

I've actually felt safer on both my recent trips becasue people were wearing masks and hand sanitzing like crazy.

It seems like people using safer practices have helped keep all the germs under the normal level of exposure.

I had my first cold in over two years last week.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter