• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did you get covid from WDW?

Do you think you caught covid from your WDW trip?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

lolomarie

Mouseketeer
Mods, I’m not sure if this type of thread is allowed. And if not I’m extremely sorry. I’m not looking for debate. Just trying to gauge how risky it is to visit WDW.

We are scheduled to visit in 2 months and have 5 days pre-cruise booked, so we absolutely cannot get covid in the parks, due to testing prior to boarding. We are planning 1 day at MK and 2 nights at Disney Springs only to reduce our risk. We have 3 unvaccinated children/infants in our party.

This type of thread exists over on the DCL thread but I was wondering if you got or believe you got covid from WDW?

Thanks so much.

Last edited:
If the mods allow this, you may want to set up a poll. Not that hard and might reduce controversy.

Mods, I’m not sure if this type of thread is allowed. And if not I’m extremely sorry. I’m not looking for debate. Just trying to gauge how risky it is to visit WDW.

We are scheduled to visit in 2 months and have 5 days per-cruise booked, so we absolutely cannot get covid in the parks. We are planning 1 day at MK and 2 nights at Disney Springs only to reduce our risk. We have 3 unvaccinated children/infants in our party.

This type of thread exists over on the DCL thread but I was wondering if you got or believe you got covid from WDW?

Thanks so much.

If it reassures you, we were worried upon arriving in a TS restaurant last fall when masks everywhere at WDW were the rule except when actively eating or drinking.

We were pretty unnerved to find that people took their masks off when seated and didn't put them back on at all unless getting up to leave the table.

We had understood that guests were supposed to put their masks back on at the table except while eating and drinking. Servers were all masked, but guests hardly ever were at any restaurant.

We even drove quite a distance through Kentucky, Tennessee and Georgia which had substantial community spread at that time. We ate in restaurants where nobody but us was masked upon entering.

Didn't get sick at all. Came home feeling fine.

If you keep up precautions you currently are using, that's all any of us can do, IMO. So many more people are fully vaccinated now that there's more protection for your unvaccinated kids. I think there's probably much less danger than when we went.

No one will ever be able to unequivocally state where they got Covid from. That's not how viruses work. A person may have been exposed long before they get to the parks or a cruise, but it may take a period of time to manifest. I truly understand your concern about testing positive at the port...no one would want that....but there's no way that you could know the actual answer to your question.

I think the better way to look at it is there are people are everywhere we go. Germs are everywhere. I sure have caught Norovirus and Strep in Disney several times. YUCK! Best thing to do is keep your immune system boosted.......and don't lick any windows or handrails. :rotfl2: There is really no way to determine where you get sick unless you are knowingly in contact with a sick person who says "hey, I have xxxxxx".

We are scheduled to visit in 2 months and have 5 days pre-cruise booked, so we absolutely cannot get covid in the parks, due to testing prior to boarding. We are planning 1 day at MK and 2 nights at Disney Springs only to reduce our risk. We have 3 unvaccinated children/infants in our party.

Thanks so much.

In January we know folks who went to WDW, and on their cruise they tested positive for covid.

I was very concerned when we went to WDW last week, especially with the mask mandate being dropped the day before we arrived. My family continued wearing masks inside, unless eating, and did not test positive for COVID upon our return. (Two boosted adults, and one unvaccinated child under 5.) Doesn't mean that your party won't test positive, but I was certain it was a sure thing, and it wasn't. Good luck!

I'm not sure how you can pinpoint the source on a trip to WDW. I'm sure that one comes in contact with many people just getting there or returning from there. Unless someone wearing a sign saying "I have Covid comes up and sneezes in your face, it is practically impossible to know. But Disney is smart enough to know if anyone comes down with Covid after a trip there everyone will blame them and that is why the kept the mask requirement as long as they did.

What happens if you test positive while in WDW?

I don't know what aid Disney offers now that so many are vaccinated. I'm sure there are procedures in place, as Disney has always been very helpful when illness or accident occurs for a guest.

Before there were any vaccines, I recall reading that the Fort Wilderness cabins were used to quarantine people until they could make arrangements elsewhere or find means to return home. Food and other necessities were brought to the cabin.

Quite confident my family got it in mid-June in line at Gringott's at Universal, where masks weren't required and we had quality time indoors due to queue issues. Had been at Disney beforehand and never indoors long enough to be concerned about exposure (Disney was enforcing interior mask mandates at this time, Universal wasn't). Indoors at Gringott's and Kong (and didn't even get to ride that, so if that's where we got it, a double hooray!). Incubation times known to Delta tracked with that exposure and when first symptoms developed in my wife, who gave it to me a week after she had symptoms (we were both breakthrough cases).

I don't so much "blame" Universal for our cases. I do blame them for fully opening parks at no attendance limits with 1/3 of the requisite forward-facing staff and so the lines for anything were just stupid long.

I think the world today is very different from June.

I’m unsure, but I’m asking as we will be denied boarding of our Disney Cruise if we test positive at port.

Have a backup plan, because I've seen posts saying people who had someone test positive were told they would be given their luggage and then must leave the boarding area immediately.

That's what all the disclaimers mean. You're on your own deciding where to go and how to get there.

Status
Not open for further replies.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter