Did you ever have a waterbed ?

I had one from about the mid 80's until about 2010. Replaced the mattress twice. I loved it. We got a "real" bed per DH's request, after 25 years of marriage. I hadn't slept as well since. LOL. Still have the frame/base but not sure we could replace the mattress.

It always looked so funny when we had to fill it, running a hose into the second floor bedroom window.

Interesting post. It thought water beds had gone out of favor by the 1980's. But according to Google sales peaked in 1987 at 22% of all mattress sales.
My best friend in Junior High School and High School got one in about 1973. Seemed like a lot of work to me with him having to put algicide in, and having to drain it and refill it from time to time.
He got rid of it in the late 1970's when he moved out on his own. No apartment complex he could find would allow a waterbed. Weight and concerns about leaks being the reasoning for banning them.

Interesting post. It thought water beds had gone out of favor by the 1980's. But according to Google sales peaked in 1987 at 22% of all mattress sales.
My best friend in Junior High School and High School got one in about 1973. Seemed like a lot of work to me with him having to put algicide in, and having to drain it and refill it from time to time.
He got rid of it in the late 1970's when he moved out on his own. No apartment complex he could find would allow a waterbed. Weight and concerns about leaks being the reasoning for banning them.
::yes:: I remember that. I left it at my parent's when I moved out at 18 because there was nowhere I could find to rent that allowed it. They immediately removed the "bladder" and put a regular mattress in the frame and used my room for guests.

Yup. Got married in 1984. Purchased a beautiful bedroom set that consisted of a California king waterbed with the built in headboard book case with overhead lighting. We loved that bed. It was high tech then with waveless mattress and all that. We ended up putting a mattress insert into the frame and then eventually got rid of the bed altogether. Still have the dressers and accent tables though.

We had one for about the first 10 years of marriage. It was the one with the waves.
When I was pregnant with twins, everytime I dropped into the bed my husband would go up on his side!
When we woke up one morning in cold water, we decided it was time to get a real bed!

Yup for something like 20 years. I was pregnant with twins and boy was that fun getting out of every morning.
Me too! I loved my bed but trying to get out of that bed while pregnant with twins was hard.
Yea that struggle was real. But I still loved my water bed.
We had one for about the first 10 years of marriage. It was the one with the waves.
When I was pregnant with twins, everytime I dropped into the bed my husband would go up on his side!
When we woke up one morning in cold water, we decided it was time to get a real bed!
It seems a little suspicious that we all had water beds and got pregnant with twins. Maybe there was something in the water?😂

I had a waterbed all through junior high and high school. It was wonderful - so toasty! I remember high school friends coming over and always falling asleep on my bed because it was so comfortable and warm.

My dad had one back in the 80's. It was fun to play on but I don't think I'd want to sleep on one.

Had one in college - sort of.

In the room next door to me in the dorms one year, the one kid built waterbed loft beds. Then when he transferred to another school for the second semester (and left the beds), I moved across the hall and lived there for that semester.

I didn't "get" one at all. Just tried one out at a friend's house and hated it. Didn't care to look any further. I like a super firm mattress...HARD!
If I could get a regular individual coil sprung mattress that was as hard as laying on the ground in a tent on my 1 inch self inflating sleeping pad I would be dang happy every night. It's difficult to fall asleep in the heat, but when I wake up in the morning, it's the best sleep I ever get.

I did. My mom gave me hers when I was in high school when she decided she wanted a futon. Free flowing type. I slept on that for about 17 years, when we got rid of it and bought a soft sided mattress version. The pillow top on that one went bad in 2 years, so we went to a regular mattress after that. Somehow I survived two pregnancies on that free flow baggie LOL, and getting in and out of bed in normal shape was a challenge. We did keep the frame though and years later, my dh changed it up and made it into a captains bed frame for my son. He now has his own place, and it's in his spare bedroom.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter