• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did rain ruin your memory maker?

disprincess2213

DIS Veteran
I'm having this bad thought that the awesome photos the cms take at the parks could be ruined if we gave lots of rain on the trip... I wouldn't want all our pics to be us in ponchos lol! Did anyone else worry about this or is it just me? Did the rain ever put a huge damper on the memory maker?

I didn't worry about this before my trip, and I didn't need to. I would just make sure that you stop in the morning to get at least 1 picture, since rain usually comes in the afternoon. Also, a lot of my pictures were from character meets which were mostly inside. We only have one set of pictures where we are wet and though we had been through a downpour (where we stayed mostly dry), we are wet mostly because we rode Kail back to back several times (there was no line). I stopped on purpose for that pic, just to remind me of the fun we had that day.

Just my experience last time we were at HS and it was pouring there wasn't a photographer anywhere to be found. So we didn't get any pictures in that park that day. But it did rain the whole time so if you get any break in the rain I assume they come out.

When we went last September it rained everyday.... EVERY. DAY. And I mean RAIN. Not the typical little afternoon sprinkle. To say I was bummed about the weather would be an understatement. My BF said we just need to enjoy ourselves because we were in Disney and if it was rainy it was ok.

Once I wiped my super sad look off my face We ended up getting a whole bunch of really funny pictures of us in our ponchos. It actually made the trip even more fun. Looking back at the photopass photos now always makes us laugh.

We saw lot of photographers out. Some were just walking around too and would stop us in our ponchos and have us take pictures. It was fun.

Just my experience last time we were at HS and it was pouring there wasn't a photographer anywhere to be found. So we didn't get any pictures in that park that day. But it did rain the whole time so if you get any break in the rain I assume they come out.

We had a similar issue at DHS - it rained all day. In the afternooon it finally slowed to a light drizzle and two photographers came out, one on Sunset Blvd. facing ToT, and one on Hollywood Blvd. (one confirmed there were only two of them out) The lines for each were several families long. We waited for both so we had two sets of pictures at DHS, whereas we got several at every other park. However, our pictures turned out really well, as did the ones at MK during a light drizzle before MSEP.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter