Did I really miss the MSEP dining reservations opening?

6/11 - 6/12 appear to be fully booked. checked both on the app and website. That was really lame. I was up at 5 and started trying booking stuff at like 5:55. They really need more transparency on this stuff. Here's hoping we get the 13th.

Infuriating, I have been up since 5 o clock this morning checking the website and the app, every few minutes, using lunch, every conceivable time, and toggling back between our actual group size and only one person, and could never find anything for the 25, 27, or 29 of April. They really do make this process so unenjoyable.

I couldn't get a reservation, either. I guess I'll keep checking between now and our trip and maybe I'll luck out. Our trip is May 1-6, so at least 2 of those nights the parade isn't even running.

This makes me really nervous for trying to book World Of Color dessert party. It's hard when you don't know what time they will start.

I couldn't get a reservation, either. I guess I'll keep checking between now and our trip and maybe I'll luck out. Our trip is May 1-6, so at least 2 of those nights the parade isn't even running.

This makes me really nervous for trying to book World Of Color dessert party. It's hard when you don't know what time they will start.
From what I recall from pre-covid, the WOC dessert party was not as difficult to book, probably because it was very expensive. Not sure what it will be like this time.

The availability for 5/2 went fairly quickly... like in a minute.

I saw availability for 5/2 after I posted.

If you use the direct link to the Plaza Inn package posted upthread, you can’t even search 5/3-5/8.

It’s not just that the date “went quick”. It never was available.

AGAIN great for those of you who got your date. There were those of us who did everything correctly- searched multiple times. In the app and the website. Put in a specific time. Over and over and over. Only to get nada.

From what I recall from pre-covid, the WOC dessert party was not as difficult to book, probably because it was very expensive. Not sure what it will be like this time.
I hope this is the case. I've been waiting to do the dessert party since 2019 :)

I am a fellow VGC owner and I totally understand your frustration. Having a nice trip at DL requires more and more advanced planning, and obsessively checking websites, and praying you just get lucky. I didn’t wake up at 6am so I was just lucky this time that they dropped the reservations after 7am. I assume the parade is happening some of those days, but they either haven’t loaded the dining package or they aren’t doing the dining package those days for whatever reason. Either way it’s just poor customer experience. I wish they would at least communicate when the reservations open and then have a system like queue it where you just wait your turn.

Our last day trip, we had the good fortune of having a Club 33 reservation. What was I doing during lunch? Checking my phone multiple times for stupid lightning lane reservations. It’s gone way beyond annoying. I want to enjoy Disneyland as an actual real world experience, not with my nose stuck in my phone all day. Not researching the maze of strategic info online so that I can be properly “prepared” for my day. And not paying through the teeth for it all.

Time to rethink our relationship with Disney. We’ll sit out the next year or two, and see if things improve. If not, we can just keep renting out our DVC, or sell it entirely.

Our last day trip, we had the good fortune of having a Club 33 reservation. What was I doing during lunch? Checking my phone multiple times for stupid lightning lane reservations. It’s gone way beyond annoying. I want to enjoy Disneyland as an actual real world experience, not with my nose stuck in my phone all day. Not researching the maze of strategic info online so that I can be properly “prepared” for my day. And not paying through the teeth for it all.

Time to rethink our relationship with Disney. We’ll sit out the next year or two, and see if things improve. If not, we can just keep renting out our DVC, or sell it entirely.

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

I do understand the frustration however just like Fastpass , Genie+ is NOT required.
Does it make life easier ? For sure.
Does it enable those to potentially get more out of their day ? Most Likely.
Is it 100% necessary to have a enjoyable Disneyland day ? I don't think so.

At the same time you bring up some points people have been making for years after the introduction of the mobile apps. Now if you're a key holder Genie+ isn't as important because you can usually choose when to come back , but then again some keyholders only come a few times a year too so that could vary,
I suppose what I am trying to say is that I feel it is absolutely possible to enjoy the parks without having "your nose in your phone", things evolve but as a consumer we have to individually decide what makes it worth it to us :)

I'm going to play Devil's advocate here.

I do understand the frustration however just like Fastpass , Genie+ is NOT required.
Does it make life easier ? For sure.
Does it enable those to potentially get more out of their day ? Most Likely.
Is it 100% necessary to have a enjoyable Disneyland day ? I don't think so.

At the same time you bring up some points people have been making for years after the introduction of the mobile apps. Now if you're a key holder Genie+ isn't as important because you can usually choose when to come back , but then again some keyholders only come a few times a year too so that could vary,
I suppose what I am trying to say is that I feel it is absolutely possible to enjoy the parks without having "your nose in your phone", things evolve but as a consumer we have to individually decide what makes it worth it to us :)
The impact of Genie+ on the days I’ve visited since the implementation of Genie+ is longer lines if you don’t have it. No thanks.

And yes of course- things evolve as a consumer and we individually decide what’s worth it to us. That’s exactly what I’m saying. It’s gotten to the point where it’s a battle to go to Disneyland- too much homework to do (sometimes fruitless like today’s experience), the option of paying more or waiting far more than we’re willing to, and if you pay more then you get the privilege of your nose in your phone. As a consumer, none of that is fun for us. Hence my comment about rethinking our relationship with Disney. If it’s become a frustrating experience instead of an enjoyable experience, why subject ourselves to it?

Its simple really.

I cannot imagine having a C33 reservation and choosing to focus on G+/my phone over the meal and experience.

Why subject yourself to it? You're on vacation. Do you REALLY need to ride every single ride every trip?

Nope, we did not remotely even try to ride every ride on that trip or any other trip.

What a ridiculous beyond rude response.

We were looking to change one specific ride reservation (the California version of Soarin) that was overlapping with our lunch. Something that should have been simple but was not.

If anyone is looking for May 5-8, I contacted DL via chat and for reasons no one can explain, NO Plaza Inn dining packages have been released for those dates. It is unknown if those dates will ever be released, or if so, when.

Last edited:
If anyone is looking for May 5-8, I contacted DL via chat and for reasons no one can explain, NO Plaza Inn dining packages have been released for those dates. It is unknown if those dates will ever be released, or if so, when.
Thanks for checking and reporting. Sorry for your grief going through the process!

Thank you! May 3rd and 4th are the Star Wars after dark nights, so no MSEP those nights, but not sure why the 5th-8th? Interesting.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter