Did I really miss the MSEP dining reservations opening?

I don’t think it’s sold out for most days, I was finding a lot of availability. Try searching at 1pm. When I searched “lunch” it also didn’t come up.

I've tried searching by 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and lunch. I can't get anything to come up in the app at all

Yes! Got 2pm on the 19th for my large group. Hoping that they will let us show up early or let some of us take the food to-go since we have a toddler in the group who has a nap time of 2 pm.
I had to go to the website on my laptop to get any times to show up. App and mobile website had nothing.

I have checked by TIME approx 400 times since 4am. I have checked on the APP and on the WEBSITE.

Nothing ever dropped for 5/3-5/8.

Maybe it’s a glitch and the dates will drop, but I need to get on with my day. Maybe the parade is not happening that week for some reason.

EITHER WAY, it is so beyond annoying. I already changed my theme park reservation from a date that worked well for us to May 6, specifically to see the parade. Who the flip knows if it’s happening? Who the flip knows if the dining package will ever drop for that date, or why it hasn’t?

So close to being done with Disneyland.

If anyone is interested in renting some DVC VGC dates for the rest of this year, pm me. I am not sure I want to continue to work this hard at planning my day.

I've tried searching by 1:00 p.m., 3:00 p.m. and lunch. I can't get anything to come up in the app at all
Oh! I think they must be loading the dates in reverse, slowly because I just got reservations for the end of April!

I was able to find times on 5/28 through the app but you have to search after 1:30p. I also searched using just 1 person and when I found a date changed to the number I needed.

I can't even find it. Are you looking under "Plaza Inn" or "parade viewing" or just searching the time slots...?

I have checked by TIME approx 400 times since 4am. I have checked on the APP and on the WEBSITE.

Maybe it’s a glitch and the dates will drop, but I need to get on with my day. Maybe the parade is not happening that week for some reason.

EITHER WAY, it is so beyond annoying. I already changed my theme park reservation from a date that worked well for us to May 6, specifically to see the parade. Who the flip knows if it’s happening? Who the flip knows if the dining package will ever drop for that date, or why it hasn’t?

If anyone is interested in renting some DVC VGC dates for the rest of this year, pm me. I am not sure I want to continue to work this hard at planning my day.
There is no parade on May 3 & 4 due to Star Wars Nites.

Crap. Came back after getting the kids ready and my 8am Zoom and it looks like our dates (5/31 and 6/1) have already sold out. :(

I am a fellow VGC owner and I totally understand your frustration. Having a nice trip at DL requires more and more advanced planning, and obsessively checking websites, and praying you just get lucky. I didn’t wake up at 6am so I was just lucky this time that they dropped the reservations after 7am. I assume the parade is happening some of those days, but they either haven’t loaded the dining package or they aren’t doing the dining package those days for whatever reason. Either way it’s just poor customer experience. I wish they would at least communicate when the reservations open and then have a system like queue it where you just wait your turn.

Good news is there are several viewing areas without the dining package. I was in the same boat. Online at 6am for our dates and nothing. About to give up when I checked here and saw that they were available. Honestly, how hard is this? If you can't drop reservations at a certain time then hold off a day or two until you can. The only thing Disney is efficient at or even care about is taking people's money.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter