• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did I miss something, trash and towel?

Can’t bold on my phone but....
It seems the only reason Wdw cannot hold on to their good housekeeping is they are not paying enough!
I don’t know what they make, but clearly they need more money and an incentive system. Most importantly probably more competent management..... and less of it;-)
Kerri

Housekeeping isn't a fun job compared to other jobs at the same pay. That is why Disney imports workers from other countries. Same with the cruise lines but cruise line workers are under a limited contract, they either perform and get good reviews or they never work again. Disney housekeepers are in a union so Disney can't let the poor performers go without dealing with the union.

:earsboy: Bill

Housekeeping isn't a fun job compared to other jobs at the same pay. That is why Disney imports workers from other countries. Same with the cruise lines but cruise line workers are under a limited contract, they either perform and get good reviews or they never work again. Disney housekeepers are in a union so Disney can't let the poor performers go without dealing with the union.

:earsboy: Bill
Ohhhhhhhhhh :headache:
Wow. Sad....unions were created to protect the workers and it was great. Now it protects the workers sometimes in a ridiculous way and it is really sad to see. Now it seems one of the things that rebounded this country is what is helping to bring it down.
And yes this is about more than mousekeeping LOL!!
Believe me I benefit from my husbands union pension who is retired from a great union. However as an outsider in a private sector job I saw 1st hand the ridiculousness of it all.
Nowadays there is no pride and the inmates run the asylum.
Ok rant over :mic:
Peace:D
Kerri

That happened to us at BLT 4 months ago. New towels and nothing else. I called and housekeeping seems shocked ....someone came with a bunch of soap, tissues, coffee. BUT BUT, we had two service days and never did we get paper plates, forks,etc. Not even with the phone call time with the boatload of soap.

I don't understand what is so hard....each studio gets, plates, bowls, spoon, coffee, etc. Why is it gets soap, not plates? Gets plates, no coffee? Why not the whole list?
I had the same problem last month @ Kidani for a 9 night stay. Unfortunately it seems that no matter which DVC resort I stay at it's the same issues every time. Leave the towels & nothing else, no soap, no shampoo, conditioner, lotion or shower gel. Replenish the coffee but not the paper goods or plastic utensils. And do they really expect one roll of toilet paper to last 4 days? I had to call repeatedly since they never left me a spare roll. Three days they emptied the bathroom trash & recyclables but not the kitchen trash so I made sure to leave the can out in the open on the scheduled service day. A couple of days they never emptied anything. The night of Trash & Towel service when I called for the missing soaps & stuff they showed up with all that & a huge pile of towels which I turned down since I only had 2 nights left.

That happened to us at BLT 4 months ago. New towels and nothing else. I called and housekeeping seems shocked ....someone came with a bunch of soap, tissues, coffee. BUT BUT, Not even with the phone call time with the boatload of soap.
we had two service days and never did we get paper plates, forks,etc.
I don't understand what is so hard....each studio gets, plates, bowls, spoon, coffee, etc. Why is it gets soap, not plates? Gets plates, no coffee? Why not the whole list?

Actually, if you look at your membership documents (under Home Resort Rules and Regulations), it does not state you will get more plates, bowls, spoons. From said document:

c. For stays of seven (7) or less consecutive nights in the same Vacation Home, the DVC Resort will provide a “Trash & Towel” service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay. During a Trash & Towel service, housekeeping will: • Empty the trash and put new liners in the trash bins. • Provide fresh bathroom linens. • Replace facial tissues, paper towels and toilet paper. • Replace coffee, sugar, cream, and sweeteners. • Replace dish washing liquid, dish washing detergent, sponges and laundry detergent.
d. For stays of eight (8) consecutive nights or more in the same Vacation Home, the DVC Resort will provide: 1) One (1) “Full Cleaning” service on the fourth consecutive day of the stay. During a “Full Cleaning,” housekeeping will: • Provide all of the services included in a “Trash & Towel” cleaning. • Change the bed linens. • Vacuum and dust the Vacation Home. • Clean the Bathroom(s). • Clean the Kitchen/Kitchenette and wash the dishes.

Housekeeping will provide them for you without charge, if you ask, but they are not expected to automatically check if you need more.
If you see them in the hall, just ask. It is the easiest way.

Ohhhhhhhhhh :headache:
Wow. Sad....unions were created to protect the workers and it was great. Now it protects the workers sometimes in a ridiculous way and it is really sad to see. Now it seems one of the things that rebounded this country is what is helping to bring it down.
And yes this is about more than mousekeeping LOL!!
Believe me I benefit from my husbands union pension who is retired from a great union. However as an outsider in a private sector job I saw 1st hand the ridiculousness of it all.
Nowadays there is no pride and the inmates run the asylum.
Ok rant over :mic:
Peace:D
Kerri

Ok my turn lol

As one who directly benefits from having a retired union family member, I’m sure you realize that unions are responsible for the insitituion of basic health/safety laws & the traditional five day work week that most (including non-union employees) benefit from in this country.

What’s ironic is the same people you tend to find working 2nd & 3rd shifts and weekends & holidays often are union members but for the most part are additionally compensated for those less popular shifts.

Every single contract I’ve seen has all provisions spelled out, especially when it comes down to termination & discipline procedures. If one is going to blame the union & employees for the verbage as to policies, make sure to lump the companies into the mix too, as both sides have signed off on the contract in question.

As for getting ‘extras’ from the housekeepers (DH loves the shampoo and tends to run thru it during our stay), simply ask them for more and offer a small tip for their trouble. we usually head home with bottles of it.

Ok my turn lol

As one who directly benefits from having a retired union family member, I’m sure you realize that unions are responsible for the insitituion of basic health/safety laws & the traditional five day work week that most (including non-union employees) benefit from in this country.

What’s ironic is the same people you tend to find working 2nd & 3rd shifts and weekends & holidays often are union members but for the most part are additionally compensated for those less popular shifts.

Every single contract I’ve seen has all provisions spelled out, especially when it comes down to termination & discipline procedures. If one is going to blame the union & employees for the verbage as to policies, make sure to lump the companies into the mix too, as both sides have signed off on the contract in question.

As for getting ‘extras’ from the housekeepers (DH loves the shampoo and tends to run thru it during our stay), simply ask them for more and offer a small tip for their trouble. we usually head home with bottles of it.
Actually, Henry Ford came up with the five day work week, not the unions.

And just asking the housekeeper for more stuff instead of paying for it costs the members in the end in higher fees.

Actually, Henry Ford came up with the five day work week, not the unions.

And just asking the housekeeper for more stuff instead of paying for it costs the members in the end in higher fees.

True, he was a visionary, but unions surely made the practice mainstream via contracts

A hot button topic akin to politics & religion. Won’t beat a dead horse, just chiming in with alternate opinion

Since we never use any of the cooking/eating supplies, i’m going to go with it all evens out in the end re asking for an extra bottle of shampoo

If cash through CRO, yes, you should get daily if through DVC with a discount, no you get the normal 4 & 8, if they show up.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter