Did Fantasmic dining drop?

I didn't see any option of choosing which show. I just booked a 5PM Hungry Bear package and the email said it was first show.
Did I miss something?

In the before times, I would just walk up to the restaurant and they would ask me which show and time I wanted as the packages typically didn't sell out. Not used to booking online.
It says on the description that 3:00-6:45 will be first show. 7:00-8:30 will be second show.

Assuming the Blue Bayou dining package opens up for our dates in mid August, just wondering about the viewing area is it seated or standing room only? I would prefer Blue Bayou food and ambiance wise but not sure if the River Belle premium package is better for seat?

I tried again today to get reservations for Fantasmic but it's all too complicated for me. I guess we'll just try to get a good spot to watch it.
Something may open up as your trip gets closer. Just decide if you want the River Belle package, which has seating and dinner, or one of the packages that gets you a reserved area to stand and watch after you've eaten at Hungry bear. Once you know which one you want just periodically check the website.

Even if you don't do a dining package I'm sure you'll have a nice time and enjoy the show :)

Assuming the Blue Bayou dining package opens up for our dates in mid August, just wondering about the viewing area is it seated or standing room only? I would prefer Blue Bayou food and ambiance wise but not sure if the River Belle premium package is better for seat?
In the past, the BB F! viewing area was seated-on-the-ground. The BB package included a foam seat cushion (which you could keep). We did the F! dining packages many times before the parks closed and never once had to stand in any dining package section. CMs made everyone sit on the ground.

Last edited:

I tried again today to get reservations for Fantasmic but it's all too complicated for me. I guess we'll just try to get a good spot to watch it.
I was having issues too, but then I realized that it was trying to book the premium package for River Belle and we really just want the standard package. There were plenty of standard reservations available for River Belle. The last time we went, we did the Hungry Bear to-go package, but with the price difference being only $15/person, we went with the sit down restaurant.

I was playing this morning and there seems to be a lot of openings for the hungry bear one for later times- aka the second Fantasmic show. For those still looking for something. There was available June 28th up to July 5

If they don't allow on the spot cancellations (for free) if the F! spots are gone, then this is clearly just a way to rope people into booking reservations they otherwise wouldn't. Blue Bayou isn't the place they would need to do that. It's always booked far in advance. However, Storytellers (for WOC) and River Belle seem like exactly the kind of places they would want to do that.

I am going to call the phone line on Thursday and hope the CM I talk to can shed some light on cancellations if dining packages are gone. I will report back if I have any useful info.

This monetization is all a bummer for me, regardless. Since it opened, I had been in the habit of getting a seat front and center against the fence, for free. The last time I went (aside from our trip last year) was 2006, and it still was free for everyone. This cash grab just feels like it was a first step towards the Genie+ experience we have today. (I am aware these packages have been around for years.)

Last edited:
If they don't allow on the spot cancellations (for free) if the F! spots are gone, then this is clearly just a way to rope people into booking reservations they otherwise wouldn't. Blue Bayou isn't the place they would need to do that. It's always booked far in advance. However, Storytellers (for WOC) and River Belle seem like exactly the kind of places they would want to do that.

I am going to call the phone line on Thursday and hope the CM I talk to can shed some light on cancellations if dining packages are gone. I will report back if I have any useful info.

This monetization is all a bummer for me, regardless. Since it opened, I had been in the habit of getting a seat front and center against the fence, for free. The last time I went (aside from our trip last year) was 2006, and it still was free for everyone. This cash grab just feels like it was a first step towards the Genie+ experience we have today. (I am aware these packages have been around for years.)
I am definitely interested in what Disney has to say about the reservations being dropped if the dining packages are out.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter