Did Fantasmic dining drop?

I got a time for hungry bear at 3:15 on June 14! So, having never done it, I guess that means we go pick up food at that time (so a late lunch or early dinner) and then go to the viewing area whenever it is time?
Yes, when you pick up your food you will get a ticket for the relevant Fantasmic show, well thats what happened in the before times.

Your ticket will show what time the viewing section opens. People start waiting in line for the viewing sections to open . The entrance to the viewing area is near Haunted Mansion side of the railings.

The Hungry Bear viewing section in the before times was one third of the railings, at the Hunted Mansion side of Rivers of America.

Technically if you timed it right, you could get a spot at the railings beside people from the Blue Bayou viewing area, as the viewing areas are beside each other.

I booked the River Belle Premium package for June 28. The view was amazing last time, and I love knowing I have a chair instead of standing in the crowds. The food looks like it will be much better than when we did it in 2019!
Thanks! This is helpful to know. I booked it based on my assumption that the view would be good but also that standing long periods is difficult for me with a bad knee.

I booked the River Belle Premium package for June 28. The view was amazing last time, and I love knowing I have a chair instead of standing in the crowds. The food looks like it will be much better than when we did it in 2019!
So you've done it before? The view isn't too off to the side?

I was able to book the premium package for 5/31, but I'm worried that my ADHD kiddo won't be able to sit still long enough to make the show. I assume the show starts at 9?

I had some trouble with the website but then was able to book Hungry Bear on the app for the day I wanted! 🙌

I remember in the “old days” I would just book it while I was at the park for later that day. Wonder if ADRs are necessary or if it will sell out?

I hope they allow my son to switch to something off the regular menu because there is no way he will eat what’s offered.

So you've done it before? The view isn't too off to the side?

I was able to book the premium package for 5/31, but I'm worried that my ADHD kiddo won't be able to sit still long enough to make the show. I assume the show starts at 9?

If it's the same as last time, the view was amazing. We were facing the river, not off to the side. I suppose the tables could be on the far side of the patio, but they would all have a great view. I'm not sure what time the show starts. We were able to come and go once we had checked in. We had either a lanyard of a wrist band. We had to take my 9yo to the loo and it was no problem to go away and come back, so maybe you could take your child on a little stroll between finishing diiner and when the show starts. Afterwards they let us stay at the table and watch the fireworks, which was really nice. I'm hoping they do that again this time.

Last edited:
Oh have they allowed that in the past? Most of mine would likely eat the offerings but I know a couple of my more sensitive eaters would not. (I booked for my dh, myself, and 6 kids)
Yes, pre-covid they let you switch to anything else they offered (I myself once got a burger and fries instead of what they were offering because I had it once before and just didn’t really like it).

Thanks! This is helpful to know. I booked it based on my assumption that the view would be good but also that standing long periods is difficult for me with a bad knee.
It was so nice. Since you are up on the patio you're above the crowds. There are a few rows of tables on the patio. We were in the very last row but still saw everything. My kids were little back then and they could stand to watch since there was nobody behind us.

Yippeeee! Got my premium dinner package. Stood on my feet for 25+ years for work, so a seat is sweet! I also remember them letting us stay to watch the fireworks and I thought the view for F! was amazing. Can’t wait to hear what the first reviewers think of the dining options when this reopens.

PHEW the panic I had when I saw Gothic Rosie post (an hour ago!) that these were live, I thought I had missed out because I kept checking for River belle on the main Fantasmic page then came here and saw those weren't loaded.... just got Hungry Bear, that's good enough! (Cheaper too!) Thank god for the DISboard!

PHEW the panic I had when I saw Gothic Rosie post (an hour ago!) that these were live, I thought I had missed out because I kept checking for River belle on the main Fantasmic page then came here and saw those weren't loaded.... just got Hungry Bear, that's good enough! (Cheaper too!) Thank god for the DISboard!
You can book a regular reservation at River Belle and then you upgrade to the package with your server.

This is so frustrating - my dates are already sold out or at least that’s what it looks like.

Also a little annoyed that some people here have multiple reservations for one day!!

Just got dinner rbt on June 24. It did the premium...I'll take it for now, but curious on the difference as it's 25$ more. Is the view worth it?

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter