Did Discovery Cove any ?'s

The big question: Was it worth the money you spent for it? Also did you do this with children, what ages?

For me it was really worth the money. You have to figure its an 8 hour adventure and a really great meal. The ratio of guests to Discovery Cove personell is very high. The day I did the swim there was 655 people there and I bet you they had 100 people working so its very hands on. i did the swim alone but in my group was a mom with a 6 year old. this child did very good with the dolphins as well as the trainers. She was not afraid and understood directions very good. I can also tell you the the pictures and video cost me just as much as the swim. You also can go to sea world on you DC id......so when you add up DC for 1 day, 2 days for Sea World and the lunch you probably looking at 150. so its pretty much like a Disney Day...one advantgage they offer a mug that refills for free all day at DC.
I saw lots of families with 2-3 kids and the adults I wondered many times how they could afford it. But all being said i would do it again.

Could you tell me how much the video is? Also was the video worth the money?

Thank you,
Jenifer

The video was $59.95, and you can NOT preview the personalized portion of it ... so we opted not to buy it at that price.

Other than my complaint about the price of photos and the video, it was WELL worth the price.

For my $200.00 I got to

1. Relax
2. Enjoy the beach
3. Swim with tropical fish
4. Feed the rays
5. Feed the birds
6. Relax in the lazy river
7. Relax on the beach
8. Enjoy a nice lunch
9. Relax
10. Swim with dolphins!

Of course, I love animals, so I would have paid the money just for # 10.

At Sea World a comparitive meal would cost about $15-20, the free photo is worth $20.00, the scuba mask / vest rental is worth about $20.00 and you get to keep the $5.00 snorkel, so right there you've got $65.00. Add everything else and you've got a great deal.

You HAVE to love animals, I would not recommend this for someone who is afraid of fish or swimming. I felt so bad for this one mother, who obviously was TERRIFED of fish. Her daughter would not go in the water without her, and she was afraid the fish were going to bite her. As I left, I heard her saying "I'm going to try to go see if I can get my money back" To which I only thought "good luck"

So if you're afraid of fish, or water, don't go, but otherwise, it's a GREAT TIME!!!

Oh, and I did buy the video, in spite of the price, and it turned out pretty good. Although I have to say, I don't really like seeing myself on TV.....it's kind of weird. But it turned out great, you can really see how much fun we're all having. If you go in a group that is all together, you can easily copy the tape afterwards for everyone. The personalized portion of the tape is not edited at all, it's simply what the photographer captures while in the water. They don't get everything, but they basically follow the dolphin around and get most of the interactions that way. I did notice that the sound was not very good, we could hear the group behind the camera better than our own group.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter