• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did DC on 4/16

ivanova

<font color=blue>DIS Veteran<br><font color=red>Hi
Will post details later (literally just got home, pooped). In the meantime, let me know if you have any specific questions you'd like answered.

What time did it actually open? Last year we got there at opening and realized it had opened and they already were giving out dolphin swim times.

Posted opening is 9 AM, but they do open 30 - 60 minutes earlier so that the first dolphin swim can start shortly after 9 AM. We got there are 8:30 AM, checked in, got our gear, did the walking tour, got our locker, etc. and were on the beach after 9 AM.

We had opted for a 1:50 PM dolphin swim time which actually put us in the water around 2:15 PM or so.

How was it at that time any warmer? We have been there twice and was it COLD in the AM.

Well the weather that week was high 80's with high humidity anyway (afternoon storms usually). So that particular morning it was "nice" when we got there. By the time we hit the water I was already sweating and welcomed the chance to cool off in the water.

BTW, they yanked everyone out of the water (including dolphin swim participants) shortly after our swim was over. There had been several claps of thunder so the lifeguards pulled everyone out, due to concern about lightening. Most folks decided to pack up & head out (this was around 3:30 PM). By the time we were heading to the main building to leave (pushing 4:30 PM) we'd noticed they'd let people back into the water.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter