Did anyone have any "Christmas Spirit" experiences today(black Friday)?

Only good experiences for me today. Hung out in my jammies this morning with DD and the dogs. She practiced her guitar while I cleaned. I went to work and it was quite. I stayed clear of shopping and crowds so I wouldn't have a bad experience. Guess it worked.

We had a great day. Got to the mall after it opened and still got front row parking. Great start. Went into pac sun for their 30 percent off of everything sale,they had so much help I was able to have one lady help me get all the sizes I needed in no time flat, she really knew where the merchandise was which was nice. No line at the register and the girl had a little trouble with the gift card I had because she was new but no big deal, they got it handled fast.
Great service short line at gamestop for a DS. Gap I was the only customer in the store so was in and out in 5 minutes.
LTD was the worst, I felt so sorry for this one checker who was the only one with a pretty long line going back down the store. Finally some more cashiers came in to help her out. Nice people in all the lines with me.
Tillys I got in and out of and had great sales help as well in record time even with trying something on.
The only real problem I had was I didn't bring my cell phone and was supposed to meet my mom and my DD at Macys, spefically at the makeup counter. I stood there and waited and waited. I am legally blind, but can get around but it was fairly busy in there and a big store with multi levels so I thought it best to stay close to wear I said i would meet my daughter. The sales lady saw I was starting to get a bit freaked out, asked me if I was ok, I was embarrassed but honest with her so she sat me in a chair paged my mom and within minutes my DD showed up with her friends. I felt better instantly. I thought the lady at macys was so nice and discreet and it really helped me out.
I steered clear of places like target, best buy and walmart so I have no idea how the crowds were tere but they were very managable at the mall and no one seemed stressed at all. Lots of Merry Cheer. Both good and bad, not sure the retailers in my area did to well, especially gap.

Well let see, we started out pretty good, until my daughter ran a red light. She then got pulled over of course.

She saw the police car once he pulled up behind us, she said “mom the police officer is behind me, and I want you to know that DH has his gun in the glove box, so don’t move and let me tell the police officer first.”

So when the police officer gets to the car window she said “Sir, you need to know something before we get the paper work out of the glove box, my husband is a police officer and he left his gun in the glove box”

So the police officer said to my daughter “okay hold on and put your hand on the console in front of you” then he tells me to do the same thing.
Which I don’t want to touch the glove box as I’m scared to death to get near the glove box, the gun is in there. LOL. So I hold my hands straight up in the air.

I don’t want to open the glove box to look for paper work or even look for the gun, so I asked him if he would like me to get out of the car, and let him get the gun, while I’m holding my hands straight up in the air, as I’m afraid to touch or move at this point.

He said “yes, but hold on one minute, until the other police officer is here, then you can get out of the car”
So once police officer #2 gets there, they let me get out of the car. So while I’m standing with the police officer#2, police officer #1 comes to my side of the car and removes the gun.

The police officer #1 put the gun in my daughter’s trunk of her car, after they call and saw that indeed her husband is a police officer.

This is not a way to start black Friday off.
I told her “is your husband trying to give me a heart attack” as I hate guns.

Thank goodness we had two nice police officers and they put the gun in the trunk.

I only ventured out to visit my horses. I had a very quiet and pleasant day. :goodvibes

Yeah....I was there in between shopping sprees!!! LOL....gotta have the "calm" before the storm! ;)

(still trying to talk FIL into a puppy...)

Our day of shopping was fun too...mostly. Toy R Us was PACKED! But I had a couple of nice ladies to chat with while DH and DS continued to shop. The mall wasn't too bad, busy but not insane. Found some nice deals and dealt with some very nice sales people!

The only bummer of the day was when we found out that a lady had had her dog stolen from her car!!! YIKES! DH talked with her while I was still inside paying for the last item. So, folks...don't take your dogs shopping just to leave them in the car...leave them home where they are safe! The lady was so upset...understandably!!!! Makes me sad everytime I think of it....

Our day of shopping was fun too...mostly. Toy R Us was PACKED! But I had a couple of nice ladies to chat with while DH and DS continued to shop. The mall wasn't too bad, busy but not insane. Found some nice deals and dealt with some very nice sales people!

The only bummer of the day was when we found out that a lady had had her dog stolen from her car!!! YIKES! DH talked with her while I was still inside paying for the last item. So, folks...don't take your dogs shopping just to leave them in the car...leave them home where they are safe! The lady was so upset...understandably!!!! Makes me sad everytime I think of it....

Why in the world would you take your dog shopping on Black Friday?! :scared1:

What?!!! :guilty:
I just woke up. DD was chatty from work and told DH about more as he picked her up from work.
Sorry, but I do think the vow of jolly is infectious.
A random woman gave her a coupon at VS's and we did in other stores in turn.
I read about the walmart story, thats just awful:guilty:
Tomorrow she and I are heading for the outlets, with our Christmas spirit!

My dd and I had a great time shopping today. Talked to pleasant people in line around us several times. The clerks did seem to be overworked (every shop was very, very crowded!) but not crabby.
Really enjoyed it and got several great deals!

Today was a great day! I have been in a CHRISTMAS MOOD all day!!
DH & I got up at 4 and went to Office Depot....didn't get what we wanted, but met another very nice "couple"...(found out later it was a mother & son...she looked GREAT for her age!:thumbsup2 ) After we looked around, "Felix" brought something over to my husband that he thought we may have missed. He was right and we were VERY appreciative!

Then, MIL & I went shopping around 9. We usually draw names with the kids on that side of the family because BIL was laid off one year, and this year SIL is on disability. (DH has one brother & one sister...both married) She has lupus and had to have back surgery. Been a VERY rough year. Anyway, I called SIL and asked her if we were drawing. She sounded very sad and said that they would have to bow out this year. I had already given it alot of thought and told her that I wanted to be their SANTA this year. I told her that no one would know, not even my DH (her brother). I asked her if I could buy the gifts for the kids that she would have drawn. I also told her that it was something I wanted to do, because I knew exactly how she felt, and that DH and I had been through the financial problems before. I explained that i wasn't doing it to make her feel bad, but to make her feel good because I love her & her family. Then she started crying and said ok. Her husband got on the phone and thanked me because she couldn't talk anymore. She had been upset because she wanted to get the kids stuff, but couldn't.
Anyway, after we got off the phone my MIL was standing there crying....I hadn't told her what I was planning on doing and she was speechless. I told her, & SIL both that they were sworn to secrecy!!
I called DSIL and told her I was sending the gifts home with MIL so she could wrap them and no one would be the wiser. She started crying again...:sad2:

Oh, and I told her that the last thing I wanted to do was to step on anyones toes...that was not my intention at all. She knew we had finacial problems in the past, and she knows that i know how it feels.

So...I guess that was my CHRISTMAS SPIRIT today.....now I want to start decorating!!! :santa:

Now I'm in tears. What a lovely story. Merry Christmas to you and your family.

I have been known to shop on Black Friday. Though for the last several years, Ive never seen anything that I thought was such a great deal I had to get out of bed in the middle of the night for;)

I did head over to Walgreens with my 2 of my kids at 6:50am, they opened at 7am. There were 2 other cars waiting as well, It was sort of cold outside so all 3 cars sat with their heaters on while waiting:thumbsup2

The store employee promptly opened the doors at 7am, and asked "Who brought me some pie?", then let all 6 of us in :)

I bought a gps system for my husband $89, and a Hannah Montana guitar for $14 and some matchbox cars for 49cents,paid and was out the door in about 20 minutes:thumbsup2

From there we headed to Kohls. By this time, it wasn't so crazy in there. Yes, it was packed, but no pushing and shoving. I ended up buying some Fisher price toys(50%) and waited in a sort of long line , walked the mall and then went home. By then, I was out of money and was needing to bring my 2 older kids home before things turned ugly;)

I did!! DFiance got up early and really enjoyed the day. We found most everything we wanted. Everyone was friendly and Christmas-y. I loved the Christmas music and the "Happy Holidays!" from store employees.

Also, something wonderful happend. DFiance lost his wallet. We got back to the house (hoping that we left it at home!) and the police were at the door with a woman who found his wallet on the ground. She wouldn't leave until she gave it directly to him. It was truly a miracle.

Well let see, we started out pretty good, until my daughter ran a red light. She then got pulled over of course....

OMG! I can laugh now that everything is ok! :lmao: :rotfl2: That sounds like a scene from some sitcom. :eek: :rotfl:

...Also, something wonderful happend. DFiance lost his wallet. We got back to the house (hoping that we left it at home!) and the police were at the door with a woman who found his wallet on the ground. She wouldn't leave until she gave it directly to him. It was truly a miracle.

That's great! :thumbsup2

Today was a great day! I have been in a CHRISTMAS MOOD all day!!
DH & I got up at 4 and went to Office Depot....didn't get what we wanted, but met another very nice "couple"...(found out later it was a mother & son...she looked GREAT for her age!:thumbsup2 ) After we looked around, "Felix" brought something over to my husband that he thought we may have missed. He was right and we were VERY appreciative!

Then, MIL & I went shopping around 9. We usually draw names with the kids on that side of the family because BIL was laid off one year, and this year SIL is on disability. (DH has one brother & one sister...both married) She has lupus and had to have back surgery. Been a VERY rough year. Anyway, I called SIL and asked her if we were drawing. She sounded very sad and said that they would have to bow out this year. I had already given it alot of thought and told her that I wanted to be their SANTA this year. I told her that no one would know, not even my DH (her brother). I asked her if I could buy the gifts for the kids that she would have drawn. I also told her that it was something I wanted to do, because I knew exactly how she felt, and that DH and I had been through the financial problems before. I explained that i wasn't doing it to make her feel bad, but to make her feel good because I love her & her family. Then she started crying and said ok. Her husband got on the phone and thanked me because she couldn't talk anymore. She had been upset because she wanted to get the kids stuff, but couldn't.
Anyway, after we got off the phone my MIL was standing there crying....I hadn't told her what I was planning on doing and she was speechless. I told her, & SIL both that they were sworn to secrecy!!
I called DSIL and told her I was sending the gifts home with MIL so she could wrap them and no one would be the wiser. She started crying again...:sad2:

Oh, and I told her that the last thing I wanted to do was to step on anyones toes...that was not my intention at all. She knew we had finacial problems in the past, and she knows that i know how it feels.

So...I guess that was my CHRISTMAS SPIRIT today.....now I want to start decorating!!! :santa:

That is so sweet!!!! Merry Christmas!!!:yay:

Merry Christmas! and thanks....I was nervous to offer, but SO glad she accepted. I told DH last night when we were in bed what I did and he said that was very sweet of me. :confused3 I'm not so sweet normally....:laughing:

Anyway, I have been in the best mood all weekend....I hope you all had a great Thanksgiving and a VERY MERRY CHRISTMAS!!!! :santa:

marie

Mine was good and bad. We stuck around the house most of the day doing fun little things with DD.

About 6pm we finally ventured out to Wal Mart. They still had a lot of their deals going and items were available. The man in hardware was awesome, very friendly and helpful. The lady in the girls dept. not so much, I had to ask for a manager just to get some help, she just wasn't willing to do anything.
I did get some Wrangler jeans for DH for $8 each, which is about half price. And since this is what he wears to work everyday in a sheet metal shop he can go through some jeans.

We then went on to Osh Kosh to see if they still had this Christmas dress I wanted for DD. Two weeks ago it was 50% off, well, now it was 60% off and they had it in her size:banana: She has individual pictures with Santa on Monday at school and class pictures on Wednesday, so I needed a second Christmas dress. I think I paid like $10.50 for it and it's beautiful.

Then we went to eat at BIL's restaraunt for dinner. He gave it to us for free.

So all in all, it was a good day.

It was a pretty good day shopping yestderday at Wal-Mart. First I went during my break as I had to get some allergy meds. :sick: I saw they had cheap boys' hoodies and some baby stuff (niece is expecting in April) so I got some then in a quick pass. Then went again when I got off work and found the el cheapo dvds and stocked up and also bought some more of the discounted hoodies and such...

People were nice. A lady was asking about some movie and I handed it to her. Only people complaining was a store clerk who was griping about the idiots who take the packaged children's sleepwear out of the plastic bag.... Other than that they were all nice.

I took my DD to the outlets in Tannersville today. It was CROWDED!!! But everyone was smiling and polite. We talked to a bunch of different people and had a great time!
Then I spotted a ny license plate that had "LL JETER" on it. That was it for DD. She stalked that SUV waiting to see if it was The Jeter :rotfl:
I had to lure her away with the promise of new RL perfume:rotfl:

This morning at work a woman came up to my counter. She said she was looking for a special gift for a friend of hers. We just started carrying a line of sterling silver "inspirational" jewelry-it sounds tacky, but they're actually pretty nice. I told her I was giving some to each of my sisters-I mentioned that one of my older sisters was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. The jewelry has different inspirational qotes inscribed on the pieces. So the customer starts tearing up, then tells me her friend is going through chemo, and she just wanted to pick up a little something for her. Of course then I start tearing up:sad1: I help her pick out a necklace for her friend. She writes a check, and I notice the address is just a few miles from my inlaws house. When I ask her if she knows my inlaws she looks at me and tells me her husband is a distant relative of my FIL. I think we ended up brightening each other's day :).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter