• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Did anyone get Oogie Boogie tickets?

Pluto468

DIS Veteran
I looked on the superthread and saw the ticket sales were messed up. Just wondering if anyone managed to get some, or was the site down all day?

I looked on the superthread and saw the ticket sales were messed up. Just wondering if anyone managed to get some, or was the site down all day?
Messed up is putting it quite mildly. It was a complete disaster. Some folks need to be fired for this, and publicly.

Messed up is putting it quite mildly. It was a complete disaster. Some folks need to be fired for this, and publicly.
Oh, no! I always expect ticket sales to take a long time or have a few glitches, but it sounds like today was way worse. Sorry for everyone who was trying to get tickets!

I was able to get in and buy 2 tickets through the app after the PC website had me on the "temporary pause" page. They charged my card right away but I didn't get my ticket confirmation until 6.5 hours later. I was worried they would refund my money and say they were sold out but relief came when I got that email confirmation. I am happy but also feel guilty that others couldn't get tickets. It seems so random and very unfair!

I was able to get it and get tickets. It was weird and at first I didn’t think I was getting them. I have tickets in my app and a confirmation email.

This is the first time for my purchasing event tickets. It is just as bad, if not worse, than runDisney races.

Last edited:
Yes I got them via the app method on my second try. Had no idea just how lucky I was. Got them only 30 minutes past when the queue first opened and while my computer browsers and mobile browser all still had the paused queue. Got the confirmation email right away. Not sure why it worked for me and not others. Definitely a ridiculous process.

I was in the queue when it opened and tried to secure tickets all day until the queue officially closed. Literally hundreds of clicks -- no success.

I think we all expected some kind of glitch along the way, but nothing like this. Sales pausing 10 minutes in. Leaving a message up for hours and hours that sales have paused, when they actually hadn't. No real queue, just random luckiness. Hours passing between the last official update from Disney and the closing of the queue. There were definitely some things completely within their control that could have been handled better.

I am happy for everyone that was able to get through today! Hoping the rest of us come away with tickets once they figure things out. 🤞

Some people were able to get into the site to purchase but most people did not, so they are going to put them back on sale at a later date.......

No one needs to lose their job or be humiliated. Seems a little extreme. I don’t think you would say this if you got tickets

No one needs to lose their job or be humiliated. Seems a little extreme. I don’t think you would say this if you got tickets
This is a recurring issue, it appears. Problems cropped up within the first 10 minutes. If a multi-billion dollar company, of which I am a stockholder, cannot execute simple ticket sales without the IT system crashing, then something HAS to change.

IT issues have plagued DIS for years. "Can't find good help," or "budget cuts," or "outdated hardware," always is the standard line.

Well, DIS has had no problem pouring billions of dollars into the Hollywood money hole to make TV shows and movies that no one watches.

And don't get me started about neglected park maintenance and scant capital expenditure plans.

And that's all I'm gonna say about that.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter