Did anyone ever find the reason for renovating the quiet pool at WVL?

rbuzzotta

<font color=FF00CC>OKW until 2042<br><font color=t
Just curious because we were there in August and it looked fine to us!

Wow, that's a short time. It's only been open for 10 1/2 months. Must of had a defect.

I really do wonder if it has something to do with the underwater "springs" that seemed to working only about half the time or less when we there this past spring. I would expect it is more than a scheduled rehab for a 10 month or so old pool.

I agree baileybrad. 10 months is awfully soon for it to just need maintenance! I love the springs but did notice that there was alot of sand that gather at the edges of the spring openings. I wonder if that somehow clogged the spring? Just curious.

If it's just maintenance, they sure aren't in any hurry to get it done. We were there this Friday through Sunday and never saw a soul over there. It obviously was untouched the whole time.

Synonomyous, was there water in the pool? Were people able to use it or was it still under repair? Thanks.

Yes, there was water, but it had a nasty look to it. Appeared stagnant. The pool was fenced off. There was some kind of construction equipment inside the fence, but nothing going on.

For the sake of argument, I think that it does need some type of repair related to the inconsistent operation of the springs. Needed maintenance implys routine type stuff that is scheduled and a place as cost smart as WDW or DVC doesn't contract companies or use methods that would require a pool to need shutdown maintenance after 10 months of service. Hopefully the problem will be corrected so that the pool doesn't need any work for a few years.

That's good to know. Now that I think of it, the surface was just a wee bit slippery for us.

Trying to escape (last minute trip) soon to WDW and wanted to know whether the pool was finished as I would like to stay (if available) there. Glad to know now! Thanks 999ghsts!

We just returned from VWL last night and the quiet pool was still being worked on. They seemed to be working quite hard on it all week. We were a little disapointed that it wasn't open for our trip but we still had a wonderful time.

Here is a link to a photo of the pool.
VWL Quiet Pool Closed

:smooth:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter