Did anyone else notice Value rate change for Fall/Winter discount?

cutigerlady

DIS Veteran
I noticed today that the value resorts for the Fall/Winter % discount now show the rack rate as $196 and the discount rate as $176. Last week when the promotion came out it said $176 for both the rack and discount rates! So Disney increased the prices to make people think they are getting a discount! I wasn't paying that close of attention, but I wonder if it happened for other resorts as well? I'll be keeping my Swan reservation for December, still beats these crazy prices even with the resort fees!

I noticed today that the value resorts for the Fall/Winter % discount now show the rack rate as $196 and the discount rate as $176. Last week when the promotion came out it said $176 for both the rack and discount rates! So Disney increased the prices to make people think they are getting a discount! I wasn't paying that close of attention, but I wonder if it happened for other resorts as well? I'll be keeping my Swan reservation for December, still beats these crazy prices even with the resort fees!
I was looking to add a few nights before my DVC reservation starts and was dumbfounded tp find that the "discounted" rate shows up as higher than the rack rate for my 5 nights in October:

2019-07-22_15-56-29.jpg

I booked a stay a few months ago for November 17-23 at Pop. When the discounts came out, I checked for the AP discount first, and they were gone. I then checked for the fall discount. The “discounted” total is MORE than what I originally booked. I thought it was an error at first. I finally called Disney reservations and talked at length to a cast member. She discovered that they raised the rack rates (which I originally booked) substantially for two nights of my stay, therefore making the overall discounted total higher. Needless to say, I’m sticking with the original reservation. 🙄

Staying at the Swan, which is a deluxe vs a Value is a no-brainer IMO. I love the Swan!

With Disney now up the rack rates through the year, especially right before a discount comes out, the discount you see can really be less that what is advertised. Or non at all. More and more people are learning that Disney is doing this now. It is sneaky and smart.

I just searched and found AP “discount” for my 1 night end of November for both YC and BC. BUT they are showing as same rate as the standard rate. Any ideas?

I just searched and found AP “discount” for my 1 night end of November for both YC and BC. BUT they are showing as same rate as the standard rate. Any ideas?
Somedays weekends are rack rate, somedays they’re discounted. You have to keep checking each day.

Are weekends excluded from the AP discount for the time of year you are trying to reserve? I know regular discounts sometimes do not apply to weekends, with words as "most nights".

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter