Did anybody see the HS Jingle Bam last year?

Kimberle

WL Vet
We are planning our first December trip. I can find lots of reviews. I can't find any times. I don't want to do the dessert party, just watch the show. Does anybody remember what time(s) the shows were last year?
TIA!

We know less than nothing about December yet. Whether Jingle Jam will happen. Whether SWAGs will happen or both on alternating nights, same nights, something new or nothing at all.

Welcome to Disney planning by the seat of your pants!

I'm debating whether to do this for our Dec trip. We have lots of other days at HS this year.
So far for Dec we have 1 MK day, 1 Epcot day, 1 AK day, 1 MVMCP day and then an extra day that could be AKL resort day, extra Epcot day or HS.
From what I heard the show got mixed reviews.
Is it worth seeing?

We know less than nothing about December yet. Whether Jingle Jam will happen. Whether SWAGs will happen or both on alternating nights, same nights, something new or nothing at all.

Welcome to Disney planning by the seat of your pants!

Yeah.... thanks..... looking at last year is the best way to start planning. I've got to do my ADR's long before this info is released....

Yeah.... thanks..... looking at last year is the best way to start planning. I've got to do my ADR's long before this info is released....

I've already done mine with no knowledge. Ugh. Back up of back ups at this point.

It was last year Nov 14th- Dec 31st and I believe was usually at 9pm

But no clue if the show is even returning this year

I don't think it was 9pm. I went the first week of December, I went on my arrival day. Got to the resort by three and had pasta there. Then made it to HS and rode toy story mania and then went to get viewing spots. I then had time to go to GF and see the Xmas tree, then contempory and hang around waiting for a 9:15 res for desserts at California grill and see the MVMCP fireworks from the top. All done by Disney bus
I just don't remember the time lol

I like it, I had the dessert party purchased, but for some reason cancelled, maybe if my flight landed late I guess. I would say it was 615?

We are planning our first December trip. I can find lots of reviews. I can't find any times. I don't want to do the dessert party, just watch the show. Does anybody remember what time(s) the shows were last year?
TIA!

I just looked at our plan table from last year. We saw in November 21st at 9:00. I remember the fantasmic times sometimes overlapped, but we were very fortunate and had a 7:00 fantasmic showing, got a snack and camped out to wait for the Jingle Jam show. We really enjoyed it. We followed a tip on disboards to buy some 3d hollographic glasses from Lowes to put on during the show to add some Christmas fun.

Again this was the end of November. I have no idea what the times were in December or obviously what they will be this year. lol

I didn't love JIngle Bam. I wouldn't stay around HS for it this year if we were to go back. It was super hard to see the show on the buildings if you weren't right up in the area. We were pretty close and it still wasn't good enough. Fireworks were ok but nothing spectacular.

I didn't love JIngle Bam. I wouldn't stay around HS for it this year if we were to go back. It was super hard to see the show on the buildings if you weren't right up in the area. We were pretty close and it still wasn't good enough. Fireworks were ok but nothing spectacular.

Agreed 100%! I found the audio quality absolutely horrendous as well. There was a serious lag between the projections and the sound.

I saw it last year and did not enjoy it. There are very basic fireworks compared to the other DHS nighttime shows. It relies so much on projections, which might have been great, but unless you have perfect seats you miss out on the full effect. And the pacing of the show just wasn't great.

Last edited:
I'm not going to bother seeing this ever again.. it wasn't worth the time. It's a cartoon that never changes with a song at the end to fireworks.

but I saw it once to know that.. I can see wanting to see it once but if it's a challenge to fit it in, I would just enjoy it online.

I don't think it was 9pm. I went the first week of December, I went on my arrival day. Got to the resort by three and had pasta there. Then made it to HS and rode toy story mania and then went to get viewing spots. I then had time to go to GF and see the Xmas tree, then contempory and hang around waiting for a 9:15 res for desserts at California grill and see the MVMCP fireworks from the top. All done by Disney bus
I just don't remember the time lol

I like it, I had the dessert party purchased, but for some reason cancelled, maybe if my flight landed late I guess. I would say it was 615?

After looking, it varied. These times are the dessert party time followed by show time.

NOVEMBER 14,15,18,19 5:45pm, show at 6:45pm
NOVEMBER 16 9pm (no dp)17 show at 6:45PM Dessert party on 17th ADDED
NOVEMBER 20 THROUGH 26 8pm, show at 9pm
NOVEMBER 27 THROUGH 30 5:45pm, show at 6:45p,
DECEMBER 1 THROUGH 15 5:45pm, show at 6:45pm
DECEMBER 16 6:45pm show at 7:45pm
DECEMBER 17 5:45pm show at 6:45pm
DECEMBER 18 THROUGH 31 8pm show at 9pm

I thought it was good! We got there about an hour before & that was plenty of time. I don't think that it is something that you need to see over & over, but I think it was good once & there is Not enough love for Prep & Landing. Plus (Spoiler). It snows!

We saw it last year and enjoyed it. Looking forward to seeing it again this year. You get snow just like during the Christmas parade on Main St.

After looking, it varied. These times are the dessert party time followed by show time.

NOVEMBER 14,15,18,19 5:45pm, show at 6:45pm
NOVEMBER 16 9pm (no dp)17 show at 6:45PM Dessert party on 17th ADDED
NOVEMBER 20 THROUGH 26 8pm, show at 9pm
NOVEMBER 27 THROUGH 30 5:45pm, show at 6:45p,
DECEMBER 1 THROUGH 15 5:45pm, show at 6:45pm
DECEMBER 16 6:45pm show at 7:45pm
DECEMBER 17 5:45pm show at 6:45pm
DECEMBER 18 THROUGH 31 8pm show at 9pm

which dates did they start to also run starwars the same night? I vaguely remember they originally stopped star wars and brought it back with both the same night.

which dates did they start to also run starwars the same night? I vaguely remember they originally stopped star wars and brought it back with both the same night.

I know when we were there November 21st they were NOT showing Star Wars fireworks. When planning we were hoping they would announce SWFW but then they announced JBJB & it was like a consolation prize. Next month we're headed back & planning to try to catch Star Wars fireworks for the first time.

I know when we were there November 21st they were NOT showing Star Wars fireworks. When planning we were hoping they would announce SWFW but then they announced JBJB & it was like a consolation prize. Next month we're headed back & planning to try to catch Star Wars fireworks for the first time.

I'd love to hear your opinion on it when you do. I'm a little jaded as I saw it originally but it's changed twice since then but I'd like a honest first time viewers take on it now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter