Diaper changing stations

wendyoconnor

DIS Veteran
I'm curious to know if there are any diaper changing stations in the public restrooms on the Fantasy. The last time I was on the Fantasy was pre baby so I wasn't looking for them and the restrooms seem so small that I don't know where they would put them.

It's not a big deal if they don't. If they do then I'll know to put diaper stuff in my backpack while we are out and about on the ship. If they don't, I won't.

Please don't be that person that changes their childs diaper anywhere and everywhere.
Please go to your cabin and take care of that stuff. I don't like seeing some kids bare naked butt running around because his parent thinks it is funny.
Not directed to you. just thought it was a convienent time to rant.::yes::

Please don't be that person that changes their childs diaper anywhere and everywhere.
Please go to your cabin and take care of that stuff. I don't like seeing some kids bare naked butt running around because his parent thinks it is funny.

Just out of curiosity, what is the problem that you have? (not a nasty comment;))

Is it the fact that parents let their kids run around middle of change with a naked butt....OR....that you don't want to 'see' an infant being changed?

I don't have a problem with an infant being changed....it can be done somewhat discreetly (unless, of course, their is nasty baby poop everywhere, then go to the room, and take in reinforcements:rotfl:). But, I do agree, that if you are going to change your child, don't let them run all willy nilly around.:thumbsup2

:confused3 The OP doesn't sound like she would change her child's diaper anywhere she wanted since she is specifically asking about changing stations, which are located in the restrooms.

Sorry OP, but I honestly do not remember seeing any changing stations in the restrooms around the ship. They are quite cramped and I can't remember there being one on the wall, as wall space was limited. The good thing about the ship is your room isn't very far away. :)

I'm curious to know if there are any diaper changing stations in the public restrooms on the Fantasy. The last time I was on the Fantasy was pre baby so I wasn't looking for them and the restrooms seem so small that I don't know where they would put them.

It's not a big deal if they don't. If they do then I'll know to put diaper stuff in my backpack while we are out and about on the ship. If they don't, I won't.

I remember seeing diaper changing stations in just about every public bathroom not in the adult areas of the ship (my son was in diapers so I noticed them).

They have them on the Magic, so I can only assume they are on the Fantasy as well. However, they are VERY cramped.

Why is everyone so quick to assume that I plan to change my child's diaper on deck out in the open? I expect that response from birth boards but not the Disboards. I work in a public library and I've had to clean up dirty diapers left in between magazines. I've also had to clean up poo that has fallen out of diapers.

She can't run around with a naked tooshie, DD will be 5 1/2 months old when we cruise.

I don't mind going back to the room to change DD's diaper but she is prone to blowouts and when that happens you pretty much have to run to the nearest diaper station before poo goes everywhere. I just want to know so that I don't run to the public restroom and find there isn't a changing station.

And I plan to borrow one of my MIL's absorbent waterproof pads to protect the bed in our stateroom when I change DD's diaper. It's pretty cool with a rubber side and an absorbent side is 40" square. No pee can get through it.

Sorry if I sound snippy, I'm a sleep deprived mom who is excited for DD's first Disney cruise and I want to be prepared.

I am glad to hear they have them. As a mom of twins, I know how you feel. We were on the rCcl Navigator and my 1 year old daughter had a blowout all over her dress at dinner! There was no running to to the room. No changing station but a make up mirror with small table. That is where I changed her on a mat to keep it as clean for the next people as possible. I even wiped it down afterwards.

As for the other comments, there is always rude people who take advantage but except places where people eat I say a mom has to do what a mom has to do.

OP and others who actually want info, we were on the Dream recently with a 2.5 yr old and a 6 month old (both in diapers). When you get in your stateroom, look for a handout that has nursery details and other details about crusing with little ones. It lists where you can find diaper changing stations around the ship. If you don't have one, ask your stateroom host for it -- we only started getting these handouts once we cruised with babies.

Not all of the public restrooms have changing stations, so this handout will help you find the closest ones when/if you need them at a time you can't get back to your stateroom (for whatever reason).

The fact that you are even asking this question shows that you must be a considerate person not willing to change their baby "anywhere". Happy crusing!

People have already answered, but I'll add - we had a wiggly 2 1/2 year old who really objected to being pulled away to be changed (to which we said, perhaps it's time to learn to use the potty?) and we never had a problem with their changing facilities (size, etc.) or locating one nearby. Totally hear you on the emergency blow-outs :eek: (currently have a 6 month old). There very well may not be time to get back to the room without making the situation worse.

Slightly off-topic but topical story to lighten the thread (because people kind of jumped all over you for a great question...):

We were in Disneyland on our last day, waiting for breakfast when my dad noticed that our son (11 months) seems to be leaking out the back of his diaper (that kind of stuff is not Papa's game, so he quickly hands off the boy). All our stuff is packed, so we're totally panicking because he's going to need all new clothing and it's going to get all over everything...we hold him at arms length, race to the room, spread towels and get ready for a disaster...and we open the diaper an there's nothing. We turn him around and he surely does have brown up his back. And a wrapper from a chocolate coin stuck in the top of the diaper. The kid was smuggling chocolate and it melted. :rotfl:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

GET UP TO A $1000 SHIPBOARD CREDIT AND AN EXCLUSIVE GIFT!

If you make your Disney Cruise Line reservation with Dreams Unlimited Travel you’ll receive these incredible shipboard credits to spend on your cruise!

facebook twitter