Diaper Bag Suggestions?

maddiezoots

Earning My Ears
We are leaving in two weeks, and I don't have a suitable diaper bag. In Oct., when we were there last, I brought a small bag and threw all kinds of stuff in the bottom of the stroller. This time we are going with one less adult, and are bringing two umbrella strollers instead of one umbrella, and one larger model w/the basket. So I won't be able to throw snacks/clothes in the bottom of the stroller.

I'm looking for a diaper bag that will hold extra change of clothes for both kids (ds 2, dd 4), some snacks, one sippy... diapers for ds and wipes.. does anyone have any suggestions? What did you all bring?

We also want to get through security without having to unload 50 pockets LOL! Help!

You definitely want to go with a backpack style, so that you can drape it over the stroller handles and grab it and go for rides.

I have a wonderful park bag that I picked up at Marshall's a couple of years ago, but I have a bad feeling that they have been discontinued. Still, if you could find something similar ...

My bag is plain black ripstop, it was made by Eagle Creek. It is just a large square pouch about 20" x 27", with a drawstring top w/ wide cords that loop back down to form shoulder straps for it.
There is a zippered mesh pocket across the outside that is sewn through the center to divide it in two. I used it with a foldable changing pad stuffed inside. I still use it and I love it, because it weighs nothing at all and can be even put in a pocket if empty.

There are patterns available for this style of bag if you sew; but do add two big mesh pockets on the outside if you make one; the pockets make all the difference, because you can stash small items in them but easily find them when you need them, and it will also hold a water bottle.

Here is a pattern for the sort of bag I mean, though mine is larger, the pocket on mine goes all the way across the lower 1/3 of the outside, and it also has a couple of loop handles at the center of the open side, so that it can also be carried as a tote:
http://www.creativeneedlemag.com/feature/feature1ja00.html

go to sportbaby.com and order thier backpack. its the best! its got handles on top as well as the backpack part so its easy to carry or grab. its got a lined pocket for wet stuff, insulated pockets on the sides and an attached pad that unfolds and is beg enough to change your toddler anywhere! mines disney tried and true!

I read on one of these post that someone suggested using a over the back of the car seat organizer and put it on the back of the stroller. We tried it for the first time this trip. It worked great. I was able to put extra clothes, diapers, juice, wipes, and bottles in it. It was good because I could see through the mess and get just what I was after. The best part was that I didn't have to carry it on every ride. I was able to leave it on the stroller and go. When I had to change a diaper, I just grabbed the things I needed and not have to bring the whole bag with me. Just keep in mind that some of the umbrella stroller might tip over with the weight on the back, but I didn't have any problems, I just turned the organizer around to the seat and it was fine. Have a great trip.:D

I have sportbaby's backpack bag. My older DD is 3 and we've always had it and I wouldn't trade it for anything. It worked great for 2 trips with 2 DDs.

I just carry a plain old large backpack with lots of storage space. I have a 2 yoa dd and it has worked great for me. I borrowed my girlfriends backpack when we flew to Maine in September and it was a lifesaver! I hate carrying a heavy diaper bag on my shoulder. With the backpack the weight is evenly distibuted and my back never hurt. I just bought my own from www.ebags.com . It was the closest one that I could find to the one I borrowed from my girlfriend. Here's the link if you are interested http://www.ebags.com/products/index.cfm?ModelID=11119&bb_id=c10341&ProductList_20_Link=Details&sub_site_id=20

When my DS was younger I always used a regular Lands End diaper bag because it has so many seperate compartments and lots of places for wet items, etc... They have 3 sizes:
http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/...ode=GRAPHIC&refer=/cd/frontdoor/&fromsearch=1

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/...733_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=0419000617754127080

http://www.landsend.com/cd/fp/prod/...888_5:view=-1,00.html?sid=0419000617754127080

I have also used an Eddie Bauer Backpack version that was great. Now that DS is older we just use a regular backpack to carry things and use Ziploc bags for wet clothes, etc.. I have even seem some nice looking diaper/backpack styles at my Super WalMart.

Another great idea that has been posted here before is the stroller saddlebags from One Step Ahead:
http://www.onestepahead.com/jump.js...DUCT&iMainCat=117&iSubCat=12&iProductID=98756

They attach to the side of the stroller and would be useful without being too heavy. Plus they won't make the stroller flip over when the child gets out like sometimes happens with a heavier bag on an umbrella stroller.

HTH!

Onestepahead.com has some great bags. We have their backpack style diaper bag for when we need lots of room. We also have an insulated bag that straps right onto the handle of the stroller, with room for a few bottles diapers , wipes, for when you are doing the am park / back to the room by noon thing. You don't have to carry anything with that one attached to the stroller.

I would love to hear from you on what you think about the backpack One Step Ahead diaper bag. I have two little ones with bottles and sippy cups, and two in diapers. I am thinking about buying this however it is a little expensive. You can email me if you would like at dlrhine@hotmail.com

dlrhine wrote:
"I would love to hear from you on what you think about the backpack One Step Ahead diaper bag. I have two little ones with bottles and sippy cups, and two in diapers. I am thinking about buying this however it is a little expensive"

Its a great bag, though it is very expensive. We shopped around quite a bit before purchasing this one. I'd have to say it was worth the extra money. Its built very well and sturdy.
We use it for our everyday diaper bag. Having two little ones in diapers has got to be to be tough. This bag would surley handle it. We always have extra room. The insulated side pockets are great for the bottles and sippy cups.

the link that cinjam posted is the exact other bag we have that I was talking about. Its so great for those times when you don't need to bring "everything"

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter