Dre : a friend and groomsman
Allison: Andrew's younger sister/Maid of Honor
Carrie: My BFF!!! and my Matron of Honor
Penny: My sister-in-law/bridesmaid
Mom and Dad K: My folks
Mom and Dad T: His folks
Grandma: My grandmother J
Auntie: My grandmother’s sister

Well, as some of you know, I wrote the morning we were leaving for FL. It was early… 4 something… ugh… and I was starving.. so a quick stop at the bagel store in town at 5 a.m. and then on to the airport. My brother is a saint for getting up that early to drive us down. Our luggage takes up the entire back area of my mother’s Trail Blazer… but we make it…
Into Newark Liberty Airport. We check in at the Jet Blue counter and my large suitcase is about 6 – 7 lbs overweight. I fully expected to pay the $25 fee, but nope. The lady didn’t charge us. Maybe it was because I was carrying my wedding gown or maybe it was just too early for her too. This becomes a recurring theme because every time we went to an aiport, at least one bag was overweight and we NEVER paid an over limit fee. It was a wonderful addition to all the magical moments we had already had.
100_1495.jpg
Well, this was also our daughter’s first airplane trip.
100_1496.jpg
She was excited and surprisingly awake. I figured she’d sleep on the plane, but no. With Direct TV in front of her, how could she?? LOL! We get on the plane and I’m not feeling so hot… ahhhh the bliss of the first trimester of pregnancy…. Ugh…. :P Well, let’s just say Andrew and Selena had a nice flight, but mine wasn’t so pleasant…
100_1501.jpg

100_1498.jpg

We landed in Orlando and it was so beautiful outside!!! The weather was gorgeous and a great guy grabbed all our luggage, loaded it onto a cart and brought us to our car in the Alamo parking lot. We had a LOT of running around to do. :hyper: First stop, Osceola County Courthouse in downtown Kissimmee. We finally found it after a few wrong turns… and in we go. We go upstairs and wait on line for our marriage license. I had printed out the form to fill out before we left NJ so we wouldn’t have to do it there. Selena and Andrew started messing around and boy did she get a case of the giggles. Selena has this contagious laugh that makes everyone around her laugh. So, there’s another couple there getting their marriage license and they start laughing along with her and a few people on line start getting the giggles. Now, for those of you who have been to the courthouse you know the room you get your license in tends to echo… so you can imagine what a 10 year old giggling sounds like. So, I am trying to get her to quiet down a little and get Andrew to stop tickling her so she stops. One of the lady’s behind the counter looks over and says, “No… don’t stop her. We could use a little more laughter in here.” The other lady, however, was not amused and just gave us a dirty look. It’s our turn to go up to the counter and sure enough it’s the lady with the attitude. She looks at our daughter and asks if that’s her real laugh and she says yes. Then the woman looks at her and says, “Well, we will let it go but I don’t know how much more we can take.” She was kind of rude and my daughter didn’t take too kindly to it. Of course, neither did her father or myself. I told her to just chill until we got out of that room and then she could giggle away. We fill out our papers, Selena stays pretty quiet and we leave. We figure if that’s the worst part of our day, we’ll be fine. J

Now, I am starving… again, pregnancy makes me hungry. popcorn:: So, off we go to check in to our hotel (POR) and grab something to eat. We also had to go to his parents house just outside the main gate of Disney to pick up all the stuff we had left there in August. We had to meet Marion at Franck’s at 4 p.m. with all the stuff we had to give her for the ceremony and reception. We also had to go to WalMart and pick up a rubber maid tub to put all the centerpieces in… so much to do and so little time. By the time we got to the hotel it was around 1:15p.m. By the time we got checked in and dragged our 5 suitcases up to our room, and got back in the car it was almost 2 p.m. I started panicking about then :eek: because I didn’t think we’d have enough time to do everything we needed to do and I was really HUNGRY!!! OK, so we found some food and I don’t even remember what it was, but I wasn’t hungry anymore. We went to WalMart and got what we needed. We then went over to his folks house and picked up all the stuff we left there in August. We had our ears, our centerpieces, picture frames and pics. We then went over to Franck’s while Selena stayed at Mom and Dad T’s house to do some homework. This was the first time we’d be meeting Marion in person. Andrew hadn’t even talked to her. So, Andrew grabs the stuff out of the trunk of the car and brings it in to the tiny storage room. We meet with Marion, confirm the details for the rehearsal and leave. She has another appt. shortly after our brief meeting and we go back to Mom and Dad T’s.

I am exhausted already. We go back to the house and I finally get to meet Andrew’s cousin from CA. His name is Efraim. :) You may recall me posting a couple weeks before the wedding about how one of Andrew’s cousin’s in CA passed away unexpectedly. That was Cookie. She was Efraim’s sister. :sad1: He was the only one to make the trip to FL. I was so excited to finally meet him!! He is wonderful!!! We all went out to dinner at the Ponderosa. Selena was thrilled. That is her favorite place to eat. :yay: Anyway, Mom and Dad T’s neighbors, Sandra and Alex, joined us for dinner as well. We had quite the rowdy gathering at the local Ponderosa. Fun times were had by all!! :thumbsup2

Afterwards, we go back to Mom and Dad’s house for a while to hang with Efraim and then we decide we’ve had a long day and it’s time to go to bed. ::yes:: We say goodnight and go back to our hotel room at the POR. We get a good night’s sleep because we have a Storybook Princess luncheon to go to the next day in Norway. Can’t wait. :cool1:

Great pics! Your daughter is adorable- it looks like she ejoyed her first flight! Thanks for posting- can't wait to read more!

Friday, December 8, 2006

Hurry up and RUN!!!!

I LOVE the Port Orleans Riverside!!! It was everything I remembered it being when I was there in 1995 (it was Dixie Landings back then). We slept in this morning. No need to rush around today. We all woke up around 8:30 (Yes, that’s sleeping in for me – remember we have a 10 year old) and started getting ready. We were meeting Rob for breakfast at Denny’s. I had been craving French toast and so I ordered it. It was NOT good at all. I have not been able to tolerate sweet foods and it tasted like they soaked the bread in sugar and then the batter. It was so sweet and it was hard and not soft at all… blah!!! Good thing we were going to eat lunch in a couple of hours.

We had to run over to Walmart yet again. We had forgotten to buy a couple of picture frames for the pics we were putting out at the reception. So, off we go. Oh my goodness!!!! Look at the time!!! It’s 12:00 p.m. now and we are all the way in Clermont!!! We need to be in Norway at 1:00 p.m.!!! Hurry up!!! Let’s get out of here!!!

OK, so we fly out of Walmart and make our way to Epcot. We go running up to the bag check – we all had bags and there’s a bit of a line… ugh… ok, it’s now 12:55 p.m. and our reservation is for 1 p.m. in Norway!!! Quick, run faster. Our daughter is dressed in Belle’s Christmas dress (costume) for the lunch and the poor thing is hiking it up and running with us. What a sport!! We make it to Norway around 1:10 p.m. We get in the very long line to check in and then go to the other side to wait for our names to be called. Now, my maiden name is not an easy name to pronounce, everyone messes it up. So, you have to listen really closely because it comes out in so many different ways. After about 20 mins we finally hear my last name. OK, here we go. We go onto yet another line and wait to get Selena’s pic with Ariel. Andrew had his camera, which is the greatest camera ever. He takes the most amazing pics!!! He took the pic of Selena and Ariel as well as the Disney photog. We don’t like paying for those pics and what are we really going to do with 4 pics anyway?
100_0924.jpg

So, we get seated and choose our lunches. Andrew and I both had pulled BBQ pork on Corn spoonbread – it was yummy. The BBQ was a little sweet for me, but it was good… who would have thought BBQ and Norway go together??? Hmmmmm… Selena had chicken nuggets and grapes. She had the most amazing lemonade though. We never found another place that had it as good!!
100_0925.jpg

They did have a great appetizer buffet though. The fresh fruit they had there was amazing!!! It was so sweet and juicy!!! That made me VERY happy.
100_0929.jpg

100_0927.jpg

100_0928.jpg

100_0926.jpg

After lunch and taking pics with Jasmine, Cinderella, Belle and Aurora, we decided we’d hang out in Epcot for a little while. We walked over to the Living Seas and went on the ride that’s there now. Andrew napped and missed almost the whole thing. Selena and I watched it. It was cute. After that we decided it was time to leave. We took a cute pic in the front of the park with the Christmas topiaries.
100_0931.jpg

Oh, I almost forgot... we did go into Mouse Gears because I had seen the Christmas goofy hat and I LOVE Goofy!!! Andrew said they were ridiculous and I'd only wear them while I was there... but I decided I'd go check them out anyway. Selena had seen the Stitch ears and wanted those, so we told her we'd get them for her. We walked into Mouse Gears and saw both sets of ears. I decide I'd wait on the Goofy ears. Andrew sees them and brings them up behind us and says he couldn't stand to see me pout so he was buying the Goofy ears for me. He's so great!!! :santa:

After that, we went back to his folks house and hung out with his cousin and parents. My parents were coming in around 9 p.m. They were renting a car and staying at the Boardwalk Villas. We had to drive to the airport to pick up our friend, Dre, who was coming in around 11 p.m. :yay: So, around 10:30 we left to go get Dre. We had heard from my brother that everything was good and they were walking up to their room. We told them we’d swing by after we got Dre. We picked up Dre and went to the Boardwalk. We decided to just leave the car running because we were only going to be a few minutes. HAHAHA!!! :rotfl2: It’s never just a few mins with my family. 45 mins later we come back down and find the car moved under the car port. :confused3 We go to get in and one of the valet’s comes over to Andrew and said they moved it turned it off because it was running for so long. He said thanks and sorry we took so long. They said no problem.

Off we go to drop Dre off at his hotel. He was the only one in our bridal party staying outside the Disney property. He’s a single guy, living on his own, and we did our best to find him the cheapest rate available. It wasn’t a big deal and it worked out all weekend to just go out and get him. He stayed at the Best Western Lakeside, which is only down the road from Andrew’s folks house. It was around 1 a.m. by now and we were all pretty tired. So, we told Dre we’d pick him up at 8:15 a.m. tomorrow morning to start his whirlwind tour of the World. You see, Dre has never been to Florida before :scared1: and he asked to see as much as he possibly could in the one day he had to go into the parks. So, I had it all planned…. Tomorrow we would do 4 parks in one day :eek: … ambitious? Yes. But totally doable. Until the next post….:thumbsup2

What an adorable family! So happy to hear your trip got off to a great start!! :thumbsup2 Looking forward to reading more of your trip report!!

Great report! It's very entertaining to read!

Congratulations on your soon to be new family member! :)

I know I have already posted, but your TR is great and the pics are adorable!
Can't wait to hear more! popcorn::
It sounds like Norway is pretty good. I never really thought of eating there, but I love BBQ pork. I agree, I never would have associated Norway with this, but whatever works!
Happy writing!

Diane, I love your TR so far! I am so excited to see your wedding pics! Your daughter is such a cutie! Sounds like you are having a great time so far :)

Diane, I am loving your TR & pics so far - can't wait to read more! Your daughter is adorable!

This will end up being one of my favorite TR's... I can already tell. I just love kids, and especially pregnant women (I used to work at an OB/GYN). DH wants to go ahead and start trying for one... and im like "gimme a little longer".. although I do have fever... BAD! Your little girl is so cute!! I bet she had a great time (which makes the trip all the more worth it). It seems like you all have had an eventful 2 days thus far.. and your daughters face with those princess' is amazing. LOL Goosebumps... I read that in my younger days :)
You all look like a great family. I cant wait to read more...:hug:

Diane, sounds like your trip is off to a great start! Don't worry about the Goofy Santa hat - BG bought me the Minnie one last year and I love it!! Since our anniversary is around the holidays, I have decided that we will make a yearly trek to see the Mouse, so it will come in handy!!

Can't wait to hear more!! Your daughter is really cute!:thumbsup2

Diane- I just watched your sneak peak on the STVS website... and im crying!! I have to say- you are one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. Your dress is amazing... seriously- you were glowing!! I love your DH's choice of a tux, it takes someone with true personality to wear that. And the kiss- that kiss was so full of passion and love... omg. I am in awe..... Congratulations... :hug: Ill go wipe my eyes now...im starting to miss my wedding...

great report so far! can't wait for more! :)

Diane- I just watched your sneak peak on the STVS website... and im crying!! I have to say- you are one of the most beautiful brides I have ever seen. Your dress is amazing... seriously- you were glowing!! I love your DH's choice of a tux, it takes someone with true personality to wear that. And the kiss- that kiss was so full of passion and love... omg. I am in awe..... Congratulations... :hug: Ill go wipe my eyes now...

You are so sweet... you made me cry just thinking about it. It was the most wonderful day of our lives. He is already planning our 10 year vow renewal. He said the first time was so magical that we have to do it again. I wasn't going to bring it up until our 5 year anniversary, but I LOVE that he made the choice. :love:

Everyone else, thank you so much for the kind words. I am trying to keep writing it... boy it takes a long time. Especially since the pics are on my DH's laptop and I usually write the report on my desktop... but we will make it work. Hopefully I'll get the next day up tonight. We'll see.

BTW - we had our first baby appt today and we got a pic. We're growing a lizard! :rotfl2: :lmao: HAHAHA! Just kidding. We are right on target with everything and we are both doing well.

I will let Selena know you all think she's adorable. She'll eat it up. ;)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter