Dial of Destiny (probably spoilers)

Overall, I liked it. I really expected it to end differently, maybe sort of like what happened in Back to the Future. Was surprised at the abrupt end it did get. Waaaay better than the last one. I wonder if there are plans to expand the franchise with a new Indy?
They definitely set up for a possible continuation with Helena and Teddy.

Personally, I think they really missed out on not getting Short Round back. :(

That is true. But, if something interests me, I don't really notice the time. The only reason I noticed the length on this one is because I had to go to the bathroom for the last 45 minutes- 1 hour, but didn't want to leave the theater and miss something. :rotfl2:
There is an app for that! It is called Run Pee and I use it all the time! I gives you the best times to go to the bathroom and describes what you miss!

We liked the movie, but loved the older ones. Disliked 4. It was long but did not seem to drag at all for me.

Am I the only one who found a 30 something woman hanging out all the time with a teenage boy a little questionable? I think if it was the other way around and young Indy was dragging a young teen girl around the globe, some eyebrows might have been raised.

Am I the only one who found a 30 something woman hanging out all the time with a teenage boy a little questionable? I think if it was the other way around and young Indy was dragging a young teen girl around the globe, some eyebrows might have been raised.
Didn't bother me. As far as the reverse, it's just your everyday double standard.

I didn't feel that way at all. Teddy clearly needed a parental figure, and Helena filled that role, though she's pretty questionable. It's no different than Indy and Short Round.

They definitely set up for a possible continuation with Helena and Teddy.

Personally, I think they really missed out on not getting Short Round back. :(

I doubt they will continue it with Helena. I think the biggest issue there would be the time period. It's just not the same when it's the 1970's if they want that globe-trotting adventure/treasure hunting vibe. They need to go back.

They definitely should have gotten Ke Huy to be in it!

I'm a big Indy fan so I've been nervous about this one. I want to go see it on the big screen but it's tough to find the time in the busy summer!! Interested to continue reading your takes on it.

I doubt they will continue it with Helena. I think the biggest issue there would be the time period. It's just not the same when it's the 1970's if they want that globe-trotting adventure/treasure hunting vibe. They need to go back.

They definitely should have gotten Ke Huy to be in it!
I agree. My husband and I had a long conversation about how Indy movies just don't work in more modern eras. The swashbuckling adventure just fits better in the early 20th century.

As for the rest of the movie, they went back to Nazi villains, which was good, but I wish it wasn't just the plot of one scientist, but rather a larger resurgence. Like with Nazis in Argentina. Would have made for some interesting commentary.

That was my other problem with the movie. It felt like it had some important things to say about both archeology as a field (the grave robber comment, and Helena's comment about capitalism) and how the US used Nazi scientists after the war, but it never really committed.

The best scene was when Indy told Helena what he'd do if he could go back in time. There needed to be more moments like that.

Did anyone stick around, was there anything after the credits? I hadn't read anything about it, so we got up and left when they started rolling.

The swashbuckling adventure just fits better in the early 20th century.
Honestly, that's WHY we wanted to see it! We were in the mood for a fun, adventurous and sure - swashbuckling - type movie. I guess it's all what you are in the mood for! Got us talking about watching Jungle Cruise again, which I guess we'll do this weekend.
Did anyone stick around, was there anything after the credits? I hadn't read anything about it, so we got up and left when they started rolling.
We did, at least for a few minutes. My husband looked it up and didn't find anything...everyone else was leaving and we are usually the last to be in the know about those type of things so ended up just following their lead and left.

saw it opening day and loved it-reminded us of the earlier films. there was applause in our theater as well.

My only complaint is the length. It was loooooooooooooooooonnnnnnnnnnnnnnnngggggggggg.

it was but it was training for 'oppenheimer' in a couple of weeks :faint:

I had read that there were no surprises after the credits and as DH and I sat there at the ending the guy next to me said there were no surprises. I told him we were just enjoying the music. The guy took the hint and left.

I had read that there were no surprises after the credits and as DH and I sat there at the ending the guy next to me said there were no surprises. I told him we were just enjoying the music. The guy took the hint and left.

since long before there were surprises dh and i have always sat through the entire credits at movies. my mindset is that every person who is listed deserves to have their name seen (i may not be able to read them all but they are seen).

DW & I just got back. WAY better than Crystal Skull, but I don't think as good as Raiders nor Holy Grail. About on par with Temple of Doom.

You definitely need to suspend logic, but that's not unusual for an Indiana Jones movie. A number of good callbacks to previous movies. While not a requirement, watching 1-3 would help, and now that I think about it, 4 🤮 also.

I think I'd give it 4/5 stars.
Loved the movie. Thought it was a great way to end the series. Harrison Ford maybe 80+ years old, but he's still got it.

Oppenheimer/Barbie double feature.

nah-oppenheimer will be a late afternoon showing opening day for us b/c the full menu meals will be available at the dine-in theater (popcorn and smuggled candy aint going to cut it for 3 hours plus previews), we'll do barbie the following week on $6 movie day (and still smuggle in unsweetened tea for me/candy for dh) :teeth:

DH and I saw it this afternoon and I give it two very enthusiastic 👍🏼👍🏼. We were both very pleased.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter