Diagon Alley opening week experiences

Opie100

DIS Veteran
Seeking a trip report from anyone that visited Diagon Alley the first weekend it was opened (July 8-12, 2014). I understand parking was to open at 5am that opening day -- was that the case for the whole first weekend as well? Trying to extrapolate a little to determine what to expect in April in Hollywood. Also, what was the single rider line like? Would like to know if folks were allowed to enter the new Hogsmede and hang out on the first weekend, or if people were required to move out after a time.

you might get responses if you ask this question in the main forum.
more people that see your question, the better chance of helping you.

a person may not have posted a trip report but did attend that opening weekend.
so many do enjoy sharing what they experienced.

wish you the best in finding answers to your questions.

since we do not have any forums for Universal Hollywood, this is the next best place for finding help
you never know if a reader does have info that they can share with you.

I was there for grand opening week. All I have to say it was a complete zoo.

They use a ticket system just to get into DA. Wait times for Gringotts were 400 minutes plus. They also had technical issues that did not help.

Thanks for the response. I bet it was nutty. I assume the first group into the park didn't need a return pass, right?

Thanks for the response. I bet it was nutty. I assume the first group into the park didn't need a return pass, right?

Right.

We got into the park on opening day around 8 am. The line to get into DA was from DA by fear factor thru the back alley. That went from DA behind fear factor, MIB, then before Simpsons. There were tons of switchbacks all behind there too. But you had to enter over by Barney if I remember right. It was a complete zoo but nothing compares to phase one opening in IOA.

We have been to many grand openings and this was by far one of our worse. Luckily we were able to see DA the 2 nights before grand opening but no Gringotts. Then day after grand opening onsite got EE so we did it then with little to no wait. The the crowds poured in.

I just read online that us hollywood will be charging more for tickets during busy times including the opening of potter. Source states us is trying to anticipate the amount of people to expect by offering a discount for pre purchase of these new ticket types.

I imagine it will be very busy opening day.

Right.

We got into the park on opening day around 8 am. The line to get into DA was from DA by fear factor thru the back alley. That went from DA behind fear factor, MIB, then before Simpsons. There were tons of switchbacks all behind there too. But you had to enter over by Barney if I remember right. It was a complete zoo but nothing compares to phase one opening in IOA.

We have been to many grand openings and this was by far one of our worse. Luckily we were able to see DA the 2 nights before grand opening but no Gringotts. Then day after grand opening onsite got EE so we did it then with little to no wait. The the crowds poured in.

I'm curious what time people would have had to have arrived at the park to ensure that, when the rope dropped, they were able to head right into DA.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter