DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Feeling pretty annoyed about these 10 minutes waits for SDD. I was hoping this would be more like the AP events or MK EMM.
We got in 10 rides on it. Could have done a couple more but DH was done. Most of our rides we're walk on. Only the first couple had a line. That was just like MK EMM when we've done it.

We got in 10 rides on it. For have done a couple more but DH was done. Most of our rides we're walk on. Only the first couple had a line. That was just like MK EMM when we've done it.

Good to know for possible future reference. I'm going to switch to DAH for my next trip though :)

I'd be THRILLED with a 10 minute wait. I think some people perhaps have unrealistic expectations ... they're not going to cap this event at like 50 tickets and be able to make money.

I'd be THRILLED with a 10 minute wait. I think some people perhaps have unrealistic expectations ... they're not going to cap this event at like 50 tickets and be able to make money.

Not unrealistic. We walked on 7DMT 8 times at a sold out EMM. For the price you should not have consistent 10 minute waits.

It appears the morning of Jan. 2 is sold out. I have read some post that they may open up 7:00 times. Does anyone have any tips or strategies on how to get these tickets?

Keep us posted!

I tried calling the dining res peeps, no refund.
They told me to go to the front desk of the hotel...sigh!
I went to the Disney Concierge, and she laughed with me at the disney dining's response. Sbe told me if I can't get to a park's guest relations office, to just send a very detailed email to guest relations.

I’d love to do this for my April 2019 trip. For those who have been following this event, do you think it will be inevitable that April dates are bound to be released at some point? I know until something is announced it really could be anyone’s guess, but sometimes it is fun to speculate!

They told me to go to the front desk of the hotel...sigh!
I went to the Disney Concierge, and she laughed with me at the disney dining's response. Sbe told me if I can't get to a park's guest relations office, to just send a very detailed email to guest relations.
I went to Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom today. Initial cast member told me there was nothing he could do. I then asked to speak to a manager, who said they do not refund EMM for ride breakdown. It was a cordial conversation. He gave us a few any time fast passes. Wonder if I should speak to a guest relations person at Hollywood Studios?

I went to Guest Relations at Animal Kingdom today. Initial cast member told me there was nothing he could do. I then asked to speak to a manager, who said they do not refund EMM for ride breakdown. It was a cordial conversation. He gave us a few any time fast passes. Wonder if I should speak to a guest relations person at Hollywood Studios?

Yeah, I feel like guest relations at Hollywood studios would be more inclined to help. The other parks probably want nothing to do with it.

I don't like the fact that the compensation for problems is different for different guests! I mean, it's great for whomever got a refund plus FPs plus the ability to use the FP line that day with their wristband (wasn't that what I read from one poster earlier?), but for the other poor schmucks who didn't get that it sucks (sarcasm for the poor schmucks part, BTW :P). I guess it's not as bad when you don't know what other people got, like not knowing who paid what for their airline seat so you never know you paid twice what the person beside you paid, but if you are a member here or see it on social media somewhere it's like rubbing salt into the wound! They should be consistent, or offer 2-3 choices and the guest picks between them. Or do nothing and say too bad, the details said this could happen. Those are all fair from guest to guest. But it would just eat at me to know I got 3 anytime PFs after having to go and ASK for those, then come here and see someone else had the exact same experience as I did and got their money back plus the FPs! That's a lot of money, it isn't like a free mickey bar or something. However, it has been this way for years regarding this type of occurrence, I read it all the time related to any upcharge/hard ticket event, so it doesn't seem like it will ever change (sigh).

They told me to go to the front desk of
I don't like the fact that the compensation for problems is different for different guests! I mean, it's great for whomever got a refund plus FPs plus the ability to use the FP line that day with their wristband (wasn't that what I read from one poster earlier?), but for the other poor schmucks who didn't get that it sucks (sarcasm for the poor schmucks part, BTW :P). I guess it's not as bad when you don't know what other people got, like not knowing who paid what for their airline seat so you never know you paid twice what the person beside you paid, but if you are a member here or see it on social media somewhere it's like rubbing salt into the wound! They should be consistent, or offer 2-3 choices and the guest picks between them. Or do nothing and say too bad, the details said this could happen. Those are all fair from guest to guest. But it would just eat at me to know I got 3 anytime PFs after having to go and ASK for those, then come here and see someone else had the exact same experience as I did and got their money back plus the FPs! That's a lot of money, it isn't like a free mickey bar or something. However, it has been this way for years regarding this type of occurrence, I read it all the time related to any upcharge/hard ticket event, so it doesn't seem like it will ever change (sigh).

I agree 100%. I received the full refund and fast passes. I was hoping that by sharing my experience, others would be able to receive the same. It is puzzling that they would offer me a refund and not every other person who attended. Honestly it should be automatic and no one should have to ask or beg for compensation. Very strange.

We got in 10 rides on it. Could have done a couple more but DH was done. Most of our rides we're walk on. Only the first couple had a line. That was just like MK EMM when we've done it.

Hi. Could you please tell me when you did above? Was it in September or a more crowded time of year? We go in September (was there September 7-15 this year) and will be back to Disney January 4-12 so will be much more crowded.

We are attending DHS EMM on January 9 (yes, I can post on here now since my dd and I met my mom for dinner to go over FPs so had to show her our itinerary LOL) so it will be much more crowded. Also, for not much more, I am now contemplating moving to the DAH at HS.

I am planning on getting to HS before 7 am and doing TSM a couple of times and then SDD since it sounds like all go there first. The three of us have no interest in AS and my mom won't even do SDD so that really leaves one attraction for her. We are also doing DAH at MK so hoping we have an experience like your EMM.

Thank you!

It appears the morning of Jan. 2 is sold out. I have read some post that they may open up 7:00 times. Does anyone have any tips or strategies on how to get these tickets?

Just keep swim. . . sorry, checking. I've been checking for 12/10/18 myself. It was not available when I started looking. I was able to score a reservation for 1 on 10/30 and today I was able to cancel that one because a res. for 2 became available today. My goal is to get a reservation for 4 by the time we arrive on 12/8.

I would keep checking but also check make sure you check on November 15, since that is the day the new DAH HS event is able to be booked. I believe you will get some cancellations (if early January is offered in the DAH HS event). I know I will be canceling my EMM HS event on January 9 and booking DAH HS for January 5.

Good luck!

Hi. Could you please tell me when you did above? Was it in September or a more crowded time of year? We go in September (was there September 7-15 this year) and will be back to Disney January 4-12 so will be much more crowded.

We are attending DHS EMM on January 9 (yes, I can post on here now since my dd and I met my mom for dinner to go over FPs so had to show her our itinerary LOL) so it will be much more crowded. Also, for not much more, I am now contemplating moving to the DAH at HS.

I am planning on getting to HS before 7 am and doing TSM a couple of times and then SDD since it sounds like all go there first. The three of us have no interest in AS and my mom won't even do SDD so that really leaves one attraction for her. We are also doing DAH at MK so hoping we have an experience like your EMM.

Thank you!
Oct 8th or 9th, I forget now which date we did EMM at HS and which we did Party at MK.

I agree 100%. I received the full refund and fast passes. I was hoping that by sharing my experience, others would be able to receive the same. It is puzzling that they would offer me a refund and not every other person who attended. Honestly it should be automatic and no one should have to ask or beg for compensation. Very strange.

Did you go to guest services at Hollywood studios that day? I feel like you said you talked to someone in charge of the event but was curious if it was inside tsl or guest services. (just in case we have issues our day)

Monday was our last day and I didn’t want to waste time at Guest Services. I sent an email when we got home, so we’ll see what happens.
I hate wasting time at guest services on a trip but have had great luck dealing with the wdw.guest.communications@disneyworld.com email address after the fact.

Even if they refunded 1/2 the cost for everyone, I think that would be reasonable. They would at least covered the food costs

Did you go to guest services at Hollywood studios that day? I feel like you said you talked to someone in charge of the event but was curious if it was inside tsl or guest services. (just in case we have issues our day)

Once Slinky Dog went down, there were cast members in Toy Story Land to speak to. At first they were offering two anytime fast passes (which we took).I spoke to a gentleman named Kevin. He said that if the ride continued to be down for the duration of the event that they would be offering refunds. After a few more rides and photos, we went back to where the cast members were stationed. This time we spoke to the head of the event, Jessica. She was very friendly and offered us a refund on the event. She marked our name down in her computer and told us to stop in at Guest Services and let them know we were at Early Morning Magic and that we were to be refunded. She then told us to enjoy the rest of our time in Toy Story Land and to make sure we caught breakfast.

We left Toy Story Land at 8:45. We went to ABC Commissary to grab breakfast. Jessica was there talking to other tables, I assumed that she was providing refund information to them as well. However, I spoke to the people at the table next to mine and they had no knowledge of the refund. I pointed out who she needed to speak to and we went to enjoy the rest of the park.

At around 10:30 I stopped by Guest Services. I waited about 5 minutes to be helped. They were very accommodating and issued us a gift card in the amount that we spent on the event. Honestly, it couldn't have worked out any better for us. I am super happy with how we were treated, but a little disappointed that my fellow guests were not treated equitably. Doesn't seem fair to me. If I knew that someone got a refund and I did not, I think I would push back pretty hard to receive equal treatment.

I really hope this helps anyone else who was at the event on the 5th. And also anyone who goes in the future and has a similar experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter