DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

Ugh, I would love to do DAH at either DHS or AK. However, the dates listed in the article don’t fall on our visit dates. Here’s to hoping they do! I would cancel EMM for DAH!

I was also at EMM today (11/5). We got stuck on Slinky Dog on our second ride and were not able to ride it again. We were able to do Aliens twice and toy story mania three times. We also did pictures with Woody, Jessie and Buzz. Because slinky was down for so much we got 2 anytime fast passes and a full refund.

I thought the cast members were great. It was unfortunate that the ride was having mechanical problems, but I felt that we were treated well and fairly compensated.

I would do the event again for sure. I thought it was worth the price. The breakfast food was really good.

You got a full refund?? We were there and just got the 2 extra FPs, plus the ability to use our wristbands later. No one said anything about a refund. Did you have to ask for that? We aren’t even going to be able to use the 2 FPs because we had plans in Epcot after breakfast and we probably won’t get back to DHS today. I wonder if they’d extend the FPs to later in our trip or a different park.

I am thinking of switching to the DAH at HS instead of EMM. Our current plan is MVMCP Sunday night followed by EMM at HS Monday morning. If we switched to the DAH, we will be on a late night schedule instead of having that short night where we stay up late and get up early. I wonder how the crowds will be at the DAH in HS.

All three After Hours and both EMMs are offered during our trip coming up late Feb/ early Mar. I had planned to do HS EMM and MK DAH now I'm flooded with second thoughts... What to do. what to do.

I just went through the same thought experiment and decided to stick with what I've got. I still feel like with so many what could be "tier 1" rides if they did tiering in MK that DAH at MK is the best value of all of them. I also feel like EMM at toy story land without much interest in the rest of the park is "enough time" to get a special experience and comes with a full breakfast. I'm not sure I'd need 3 hours in DHS as it stands, we might do ToT right at rope drop but I do not like RnR and once on ToT is plenty for me. EMM with the nice breakfast sounds like a great overall experience to me. I am skipping EMM in MK for DAH there because compared to DAH, EMM seems more limited to things I'm not as interested in. I'd rather have that whole park for 3 hours.

For us, we were not sold on the breakfast items to begin with, and I have teens and a 6 yr old who's fav ride is RnRc and Slinky, soooo....Suckers, we are...:earboy2:

I am surprised nothing was announced about Fridays being added to the schedule for EMM.

Well now DAH is availble during our stay so I'll be cancelling our EMM. I've got a 13 year old who loves RnR and Star Tours plus I won't have to get her out of bed early so this is a no brainer for us.

You got a full refund?? We were there and just got the 2 extra FPs, plus the ability to use our wristbands later. No one said anything about a refund. Did you have to ask for that? We aren’t even going to be able to use the 2 FPs because we had plans in Epcot after breakfast and we probably won’t get back to DHS today. I wonder if they’d extend the FPs to later in our trip or a different park.

I would contact someone ASAP and ask for a full refund. If others were offered that, then I would get on that especially when the main ride was down most of the time.

Yes, I spike to Jessica whi was in charge of the event. I didnt ask for it, but I did say that I did not think two fastpasses were fair compensation. I went to guest relations and had no trouble getting the refund. I would go to guest relations or call if I were you. You deserve the same as me.

Just finished EMM on 10.29 party of 6-3 kids and 3 adults. We really enjoyed it, but it does feel more crowded than the MK version. We arrived at the park a few minutes later than we wanted due to someone forgetting a magic band. We arrived at 7:15 and headed straight back to TSL. Arrived in the land about 7:22. Slinky was up and going. From previous reports, I decided to do AS2 (twice) and then TSMM once before Slinky. I could visibly see a decent line. After those rides, we headed to Slinky. We waited about 10 minutes the first time. We rode a total of 5 times and each time was a shorter wait with the last being under 5 mins. We then met Buzz-which had about 6 people in line. My boys still love all things TS so it was a must. We couldn't meet J&W bc the line never had less than 10+ families with multiple children. That was unfortunate-it was also fairly cool so I didn't see them take many breaks. We rode TSMM one more time bc my boys never tire of that and the other adults were over SDD-sadly. ;) The masses were coming in as we exited. We immediately went to RNRR (2x) and TOT (once) and then headed off to breakfast at 9:40. This was not a highlight. I think the menu is interesting and could be good. I had the chilaquiles bowl and it was fine, but overall the restaurant was messy and crowded. We had to be seated in overflow seating at Sci Fi-it was so packed! For those that have attended the MK event this one just felt messier and chaotic. The continental items were not refilled at ours very promptly and the never once refilled the fruit on our side from 9:45 on-even though I saw multiple people ask. Definitely not a deal breaker, but if the meal is of high value for you-you may find yourself a bit disappointed. The meal was just okay-my family far preferred EMM breakfast at MK and we aren't picky eaters. All in all we would do it again bc of our love of Toy Story, but will probably doe AH next time.

Reactions: DLo
Yes, I spike to Jessica whi was in charge of the event. I didnt ask for it, but I did say that I did not think two fastpasses were fair compensation. I went to guest relations and had no trouble getting the refund. I would go to guest relations or call if I were you. You deserve the same as me.
I only got the two fast passes as well. Will definitely try for a refund tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the info.

I only got the two fast passes as well. Will definitely try for a refund tomorrow. Thanks for sharing the info.

Happy to report back what I experienced. If sharing with this group helps anyone, it’s the least I can do. My Disney trip has been amazing and I owe a lot of that to the people on these boards who share information and experience. Good luck!

I sent an email because I’m not getting back to DHS until Friday and I didn’t want to deal with calling. If I don’t hear by Friday, I’ll stop in at Guest Relations. Thanks for the info!

I am trying to get the EMM tickets and and wondering if they are sold out our if the website is having problems? I would think it would say this event is sold out...MDE was wonky as I was trying to get FP too. TIA

I am trying to get the EMM tickets and and wondering if they are sold out our if the website is having problems? I would think it would say this event is sold out...MDE was wonky as I was trying to get FP too. TIA

I believe 1/2 sold out pretty quickly. What it’s doing now is what it shows when dates are sold out.

But worth nothing, 1/2 only has the 7:30am slot right now... my bet would be on them adding the 7:00am slot at some point, which will open up spots. Keep en eye out in case that happens.

MDE is a complete mess lately, i'd vote for that option

if it is sold out i'm sure some folks will cancel for the new DAH option so I'd keep checking either way.

Last edited:
Now that DHS EMM is offered on the Friday after Thanksgiving, it could conceivably fit into my plans. BUT...that would mean attending the EMM, and then hopping over to MK, which has 8am EMH. (Originally we were going to rope drop MK for 8am.) Opinions? Is this feasible? We are 3 adults, if that helps.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter