DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I missed it and im sure it's been stated but whats the cancellation policy? Meaning, how far out can we cancel without penalty?

Here's a cut/paste from the info on Post #1:

What Is The EMM Cancellation Policy?
  • There is a 1 day cancellation policy for EMM.
  • The full price will be forfeited if a guest cancels within 1 day or no shows for the reservation.
  • Note: There is language on Disney's EMM page that says "tickets are nonrefundable" - this is NOT accurate. If you go through the booking process and read the actual terms/conditions, it notes the 1 day cancellation policy.
Hope that helps!

I had a feeling that when they cancelled EMH on November 5th that they would add EMM. I can't help but feeling that it is a bit of a cash grab there

I can't bring myself to book this. I was planning to RD the EMH at DHS that morning before going over to MK for the rest of the day. Now I can't help but feeling like this is charging for what I could have had for free.

Obviously, I realize EMH and EMM are not really the same, but both offer the ability to ride early with minimal wait and lower crowds, albeit to a different degree. I greatly doubt the PM EMH are going to be as useful.

I know! I wish we had a longer trip, so we could have some wiggle room. It's either do it as booked or miss SDD. So three or 4 hours sleep is what I was afraid might happen. Sounds like a nap rather than a sleep. Definitely need to think about this some more. Thanks for the feedback!

Given the choices, I'd probably just suck it up and wait in line for SDD during regular park hours. Even if standby is an hour, I'd be much happier waiting with a decent night's rest behind me than I would be walking on a roller coaster super early and then trying to do the rest of an attraction-packed day on so little sleep. I just enjoy myself more when I'm not a zombie. SDD is just one ride.

We check out that morning from pop for a split stay so we will leave early, drop our luggage off check out and then leave for it by bus or mears. opinions please! Will there be a bus from pop to this event that early 11/5?

A few days ago I added a "Transportation" blurb to Post #1. I wouldn't mind any edits/comments/suggestions from thread folks who have done DHS EMM so far. Kind of a tricky topic since it's such an early hour so appreciate all suggestions. THANKS!

Here's my stab at it:

How Do I Get to DHS So Early in the Morning via WDW Transportation?
  • Guests have been let in for breakfast as early as approx 6:45AM and the land has been opening for everyone in the 7:20-7:25ish range (and more like 7:15AM based on a couple of recent reports). For most folks, this makes for an early morning and raises many questions about transportation options.
  • Disney has a big fat disclaimer on the DHS EMM "Know Before You Go" info:
    • If using Walt Disney World transportation, be sure to confirm schedules as reservation times may be outside of regular transit operating hours. Please allow up to 1.5 hours to get to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World property.
  • Generally speaking, your options are going to be as follows:
    • Drive Yourself - if you have a vehicle.
    • Resort Bus - these generally start running 6/6:30AMish every day of the year BUT buses that early can be infrequent. During your stay, you can check the My Disney Experience app for current bus wait times or check electronic boards at the bus stop.
    • Minnie Van - Minnie Vans start running at 6:30AM. Availability at that hour may may be a concern.
    • Uber / Lyft / Taxi - Generally speaking availability should be good even at the early hour.
    • For some large parties and/or specific car seat needs, pre-arranging transportation through a company like Mears may be preferable: http://www.mearstransportation.com
    • As with most "Getting From Point A to B" discussions regarding WDW, I recommend having a good handle on your options and to stay flexible that morning based on conditions. Having a Plan A, B, and C when it comes to early morning travel is usually a good plan as is building in more time than you think you may need.... just in case!

Does anyone know my likelihood of getting a slinky dog fastpass at 60 day mark if it is the 3rd day of my trip?

Probably the wrong thread to ask since many of us reading this thread are contemplating paying good money for an event vs not worrying about booking a FP.

But, from most recent reports 60+3 could be tough. Kind of depends on when exactly. Holidays, probably low probability.

Probably the wrong thread to ask since many of us reading this thread are contemplating paying good money for an event vs not worrying about booking a FP.

But, from most recent reports 60+3 could be tough. Kind of depends on when exactly. Holidays, probably low probability.

I have tickets for this event as well but still would like to get a slinky fastpass for later in the day...just not sure if 60 plus 3 is far out enough. Going early February

In regards to bus transportation, I checked shortly after I woke up on our EMM day and there was a bus ready at our stop at POR at 5:30-ish. We didn’t leave for quite awhile later and made it in plenty of time. (We had the bus to ourselves.) Buses seemed to be running on their regular 20 minute or so timeframe. (Personally, I’ve had spotty results with Uber/Lyft for early stuff. At least with buses I know they’ll eventually show up and they won’t cancel on me.)

Does anyone know my likelihood of getting a slinky dog fastpass at 60 day mark if it is the 3rd day of my trip?

From all the reports I have read, it's not very likely. One of the main reasons I just went ahead and bought the EMM tickets. I can free that energy and time when making FP+ on other attractions and be done with the entire park at HS in a half of a day. No need to hit rope drops or park close or spend hours in a park that has less than ten attractions and tiered FP on top of it.

I was not able at 60+3. But we are arriving the Saturday before Thanksgiving. I was really excited when EMM was added for Thanksgiving week because I had told my DD we would likely skip HS this trip as standing in a 70+ minute line for SDD isn’t my idea of a good time. My DD will be excited too, but I haven’t told her yet. :D It’s going to be a surprise.

Popping in to give my review of our EMM day on Wednesday the 24th. It started out really rough. We were at the bus stop by 6:15 and watched the bus times push back in 1-2 minute increments until 7:15. I wish we would have just done a Lyft over it would have been less stressful. We made it to Hollywood Studios by 7:35 and were through security by 7:45. However, even with our late start we managed to do the following:

TSMM x 1 (didn't want to go again it is just too long of a ride and a walk through the queue.
Alien x 1 (a lot more fun than I thought it would be)
SDD x 6 (first ride took a couple minutes to wait, after that it was only a one train wait to go again)s

We actually did this EMM right after we did the MK version. Overall, probably liked the MK version better, however I really liked that you were allowed to be in the area when the time opened up (if we had been on time we would have gotten a few more rides in). Also, we went right after they let everyone in (at 8:45) to go ride TSMM again in standby and they moved us over to the fast pass lane. I guess everyone with a wrist band can ride any of the rides until 9 with their band in the fast pass line.

I guess everyone with a wrist band can ride any of the rides until 9 with their band in the fast pass line.
I wonder if this is the unwritten rule or just nice CM's that day. Technically the party ends at 8:45 so my thought is that they don't have to let you into the FP line, but maybe if it is before the actual park opening where people would have FP for 9:00am. Maybe some peeps can test this out and report back.

Popping in to give my review of our EMM day on Wednesday the 24th. It started out really rough. We were at the bus stop by 6:15 and watched the bus times push back in 1-2 minute increments until 7:15. I wish we would have just done a Lyft over it would have been less stressful. We made it to Hollywood Studios by 7:35 and were through security by 7:45.
These types of reports have me worried. I was just planning on bussing it, but might book a MEARS instead. I did price it out from AK - Jambo and it was $24. Thought that was kind of pricy but might be worth it considering how much we have already paid for the event.

These types of reports have me worried. I was just planning on bussing it, but might book a MEARS instead. I did price it out from AK - Jambo and it was $24. Thought that was kind of pricy but might be worth it considering how much we have already paid for the event.

Our bus apparently decided since no one was at previous stops (we were at Riverside) to go get gas and then come back. We weren’t planning to get there at 7 but we were watching bus times in app to get there by 7:20 and that was frustrating to watch the bus time move back minute by minute at the bus stop!

However it shouldn’t have happened and was probably a fluke!

I wonder if we told the front desk/concierge staff that we had the EMM and needed to get to HS by 7 if it would help in getting the busses there

The more I read/watch, the more I think I have a hard time relying soley on Disney bus transportation as the mode of travel to DHS EMM. It's just too darn early and reliability of buses at that hour scares me. I also hate being rushed / stressed with early morning Disney travel.

It seems like the alternatives... Mears, ride-share, taxis, etc, are the safer bet.

Because if we take Disney's word for it:
  • If using Walt Disney World transportation, be sure to confirm schedules as reservation times may be outside of regular transit operating hours. Please allow up to 1.5 hours to get to your destination when traveling within Walt Disney World property.
We should all be leaving our resorts at 5:30AM! :upsidedow:upsidedow:upsidedow

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter