DHS/Toy Story Land "Early Morning Magic" (EMM) FAQ & Discussion

I’m not sure how they would be able to enforce that. Have different color wristbands for different groups? Everyone is going to be checking in together...it seems like that would be a logistical fiasco. Perhaps they’re opening breakfast early for everyone and then the rides all open at the same time...

Let’s hope so! Maybe the realize people need their coffee that early. Haha.

Let’s hope so! Maybe the realize people need their coffee that early. Haha.

Yeah, I hope it works like the MK one where you can just go into breakfast whenever you want.

I’m also still watching for my money to come back from the one I canceled yesterday...

Uh oh. I feel like this is new:

• Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will begin in Toy Story Land and breakfast will be served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, breakfast may be available as early as 7:00 AM.
Thy better not make us 7am people eat at 7am! It used to say breakfast would be available from 8:30-10 and now it just says “available until 10”

That is definitely new, I read all of the fine print a day or two ago while trying to decide if I should change my time or not. Maybe they will open breakfast at 7, but the land and rides at 7:30? So you can eat first, get a snack first, or just wait and ride at 7:30 and eat after like I think most people planned on doing all along. So the people who come early and the 7:00 people don’t just have to stand and wait, but if you don’t come until 7:30 you didn’t really miss much and won’t be as inclined to complain. Just a thought, this is all so odd...but I guess not as much given Disney’s history with stuff like this :sad2:

My thought (hope) is that for days they created a 7am time slot, they are letting some more people in BUT it won't impact ride waits much because capacity is higher than MK. Then for 7am days, everyone still rides starting at 7:30, but they are trying to give access to breakfast longer to manage breakfast crowds (since breakfast options seem more involved than MK)

I’m not sure how they would be able to enforce that. Have different color wristbands for different groups? Everyone is going to be checking in together...it seems like that would be a logistical fiasco. Perhaps they’re opening breakfast early for everyone and then the rides all open at the same time...
That's what the MK ones does, and what the old HS one did.
Breakfast was open the entire time, rides open the entire time. People could go eat anytime they wanted during the time, riding before, after, whatever
I can't see why this one is different.
I never read the fine print before, or since (I'm not a fine print reader, shocking huh?) so for all I know, the MK one and the old HS one said that too. Or something like it.

I switched to 7am for 10/15.

Thanks in advance to those going next week and willing to write up reviews!

it does still say this tho...

The Schedule
Exclusive Disney Early Morning Magic access to Toy Story Land takes place on select Mondays and Wednesdays from 7:30 AM to 8:45 AM. Breakfast will be available until 10:00 AM.

• Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will begin in Toy Story Land and breakfast will be served until 10:00 AM. Based on capacity, breakfast may be available as early as 7:00 AM.
Thy better not make us 7am people eat at 7am! It used to say breakfast would be available from 8:30-10 and now it just says “available until 10”

That is a change since yesterday. Before (and since the website went live) it said:

"Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will begin in Toy Story Land and breakfast will be available from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Other reservation times may be available based on capacity."

Interesting to me that Disney would tweak that specific text.

That is a change since yesterday. Before (and since the website went live) it said:

"Guests with a 7:30 AM reservation will begin in Toy Story Land and breakfast will be available from 8:30 AM to 10:00 AM. Other reservation times may be available based on capacity."

Interesting to me that Disney would tweak that specific text.

Yes I find it interesting they switched it around too! I mean I'd be happy if they open right away so I could grab some coffee or a pastry quick but I don't want to be eating a lot before going on rides!

do you think they would possibly try to make the 7:00 people leave 30 min earlier than the 7:30 people? Like 1 group 7-8:15 and and a second 7:30-8:45? I can’t see why, but that’s the only way I see an actual two time slot working (even though I don’t actually think that would work or be worth the time and effort to separate them, and I don’t really see a benefit to doing that).

They have been doing AP TSL events with 2 slots: 6-7am and 7-8am. A vlogger I watch was given a 6-7am slot and was not asked to leave at 7am, so I doubt they will be doing that with the EMM. I think it would be too hard to police.

That is definitely new. I actually wouldn’t mind eating at 7am, but not if I have paid so much money to get in to the rides. We have DxDP and an early lunch booked at Epcot anyway, so the breakfast played no part in why I booked this.

It used to say "breakfast will be available from 8:30 - 10am"
Exactly. So you could do all the rides, then eat while everyone else was standing in the queue. Selling tickets to an event marketed as “eat some pastries in an empty park while you look at the rides we won’t let you on” doesn’t have the same ring!

I changed to 7. Hope that was't a mistake! I don't see my party of seven (three of which are kids) getting there any earlier than 7, but by gosh if I'm going to pay that much and risk watching other people go in first.

Gah.

Stoked that they'll be opening breakfast earlier. A bit of a pain you have to leave the land to eat but not too big of a deal.

Stoked that they'll be opening breakfast earlier. A bit of a pain you have to leave the land to eat but not too big of a deal.

I don’t mind it, as long as we are not required to eat breakfast first, if that makes sense. I can see the argument for grabbing some snacks on your way into Toy Story Land, for example.

I don’t mind it, as long as we are not required to eat breakfast first, if that makes sense. I can see the argument for grabbing some snacks on your way into Toy Story Land, for example.

Oh absolutely! But since it still states it's open until 10:00, even if they did try to make you eat before, there's no reason you couldn't skip that timeslot and eat later. (I would hope)

Seems to me that they're opening the restaurant earlier to give people something to do between 7 & 7:30 when we can go ride. But that might be too logical for Disney!

Oh absolutely! But since it still states it's open until 10:00, even if they did try to make you eat before, there's no reason you couldn't skip that timeslot and eat later. (I would hope)

Seems to me that they're opening the restaurant earlier to give people something to do between 7 & 7:30 when we can go ride. But that might be too logical for Disney!

It makes a lot of sense, but it does seem like it might be too logical, so I imagine it’s a fluke!

Well that would make sense, so it probably won’t happen

My guess based on the changed text:

1) if there is only a 7:30 time available for the day, they let you in to toy story land at 7:30, and can eat breakfast starting at 7:30 as well
2). If there is both a 7 and 7:30 available, they will let everyone in at 7am, but only for breakfast. At 7:30 everyone will be let in to toy story land.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter