• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS then MK or MK then DHS for a parkhop day?

Bobb_o

DIS Veteran
My party of 2 will have DAS but I'm also probably going to get Genie+ to make it easier for the DAS user. Currently my plan is to go to DHS in the morning and stack MK G+ while using DAS returns in the morning. Would it make more sense to go to MK first? Is stacking the right move?

DHS with early entry first.

DHS genie rides go quickly. MK has more rides and maintains more availability through the day.

I would do MK first and PH to HS. In fact that is what I'll be doing. The HS times go to afternoon quickly anyway. So, maybe DAS prebook the ride(s) that have the ugliest line at MK, and spend the morning getting HS G+ times for the afternoon and evening.

DHS with early entry first.

DHS genie rides go quickly. MK has more rides and maintains more availability through the day.

I would do MK first and PH to HS. In fact that is what I'll be doing. The HS times go to afternoon quickly anyway. So, maybe DAS prebook the ride(s) that have the ugliest line at MK, and spend the morning getting HS G+ times for the afternoon and evening.

Ha I figured there'd be opposite views. Probably won't have pre-selected rides because of the trouble with signing up. I thought that DHS would be a struggle so this way with more availability at MK I can just stack as many as possible for when I get there.

Ha I figured there'd be opposite views. Probably won't have pre-selected rides because of the trouble with signing up. I thought that DHS would be a struggle so this way with more availability at MK I can just stack as many as possible for when I get there.
I thought they put an end to stacking?

Can you setup DAS while there?

I am a total outsider, but the changes to DAS seemed like one of the few positive recent changes. Being able to get the setup done beforehand and reserving rides. If we needed that, I would think that would be nice.

When we were just there could not get Rise for my first DHS day on Sun 11/21 but the next day Mon 11/22 which was our day at AK went on at 7 am and was able to get an evening slot of Rise for 6 pm. Of course when I got there it was broken down was told it was the second time that day. Luckily we waited around the area and it was back up in an hour. Hope this info helps you with your decision.

Can you setup DAS while there?

I am a total outsider, but the changes to DAS seemed like one of the few positive recent changes. Being able to get the setup done beforehand and reserving rides. If we needed that, I would think that would be nice.

Yep, you can still do the old way in person which is what I'm planning to do because online seems like a nightmare.

Yep, you can still do the old way in person which is what I'm planning to do because online seems like a nightmare.

Don't you miss out on pre-reserving rides that way? Or do they still let you set some times when you do it in person? I'd hate for you to miss out on basically FPP reservations.

Don't you miss out on pre-reserving rides that way? Or do they still let you set some times when you do it in person? I'd hate for you to miss out on basically FPP reservations.

I will miss out on them. But frankly I don't see a way for me to get it done unless I use all of my weekend time to be with my mother and help her through the online process.

I will miss out on them. But frankly I don't see a way for me to get it done unless I use all of my weekend time to be with my mother and help her through the online process.

From what I've read, the worst part is the first part that the DAS member doesn't need to be involved in. It is them filling out paper-work and verifying info. And mostly waiting for forever for that to start.
I don't know from experience.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter