DHS strategy with SDD and MFSR?

motogp

Mouseketeer
Assuming you don’t have a SDD FP (which we don’t, unfortunately), how would you attempt to ride both immediately after RD?

Assuming you don’t have a SDD FP (which we don’t, unfortunately), how would you attempt to ride both immediately after RD?
Neither, I’d ride at night. MFSR wait times are significantly lower at night than they are at rope drop. We rode SDD with a 20 minute wait at night last November. Rope drop for both is an absolute zoo.

What time of year are you going? First I’d keep an eye out to see if DHS has any morning hours added and try to snag a FP for one of them that way. Otherwise, if it were me, I would rope drop one (even if there ends up being a little wait, just to get it off my list) and save the other for later in the day before park close. The lines for SDD and MFSR get much shorter at the end of the day.

Neither, I’d ride at night. MFSR wait times are significantly lower at night than they are at rope drop. We rode SDD with a 20 minute wait at night last November. Rope drop for both is an absolute zoo.
I'm with this too, if you're planning to stay in the park all day. You can get to the park 90 minutes before opening and ride with a short wait (other than that 90 minutes), or you can ride MFSR an hour before park close with a short line and SDD right before park close with a short line. I'd RD TSM, personally.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter