DHS Pizza Planet?

our trip is coming up in 3 weeks and I'm stoked! I've been planning our ADRs and FP+ for weeks...probably spent more time doing the planning than the amount of time we'll actually be in the park. I'm having trouble deciding on what to do at DHS on 2/26. We can't get any ADR at Prime Time or Sci-Fi unless it's at 3pm in the afternoon. I'm perfectly fine with that (we managed to get most of the ADRs that we were after -- BOG lunch, Chef Mickey, Tusker House - our 2yr old daughter and 5yr odl son aren't too mch into the princesses so we didn't need to worry about Cinderella, Akershus and Frozen)....so just into looking at our day at DHS, is Pizza Planet a good place to grab a lunch? I'm not expecting top notch pizza, but I also don't want to be eating pizza that came out of the freezer section... Any other suggestions? We have 630 reservations back at the Polynesian's Kona Cafe for dinner.

our trip is coming up in 3 weeks and I'm stoked! I've been planning our ADRs and FP+ for weeks...probably spent more time doing the planning than the amount of time we'll actually be in the park. I'm having trouble deciding on what to do at DHS on 2/26. We can't get any ADR at Prime Time or Sci-Fi unless it's at 3pm in the afternoon. I'm perfectly fine with that (we managed to get most of the ADRs that we were after -- BOG lunch, Chef Mickey, Tusker House - our 2yr old daughter and 5yr odl son aren't too mch into the princesses so we didn't need to worry about Cinderella, Akershus and Frozen)....so just into looking at our day at DHS, is Pizza Planet a good place to grab a lunch? I'm not expecting top notch pizza, but I also don't want to be eating pizza that came out of the freezer section... Any other suggestions? We have 630 reservations back at the Polynesian's Kona Cafe for dinner.

IMHO, that is exactly what you will be getting, frozen pizza straight from the truck and right to the freezer. I'm not a fan for any of the pizza in WDW with the exception of Via Napoli. Perhaps a good character breakfast at Cape May or perhaps breakfast at Captains Grill or Trattoria al Forno that morning, a snack at Starring Rolls, and then your ADR at Prime Time or Sci-Fi a little later. When we plan a day at DHS we never eat lunch there. I personally don't like any of the cs in the park and just can't recommend one.

I second the review of Pizza Planet, unless you like cardboard pizza with a gallon of sauce and a tiny sprinkling of cheese and toppings. I was there with Dsis 5 years ago, and wasn't impressed AT ALL!

I decided to try Pizza Planet on my last trip to DHS. I had never tried Disney pizza before, and the theming was SUPER fun, so I gave it a shot. Honestly, it was the worst pizza I had ever eaten. Then again- I'm from NJ, so I'm a bit of a pizza snob. I've met some people who like it, but on the whole, I know there are many people who agree with me- it's just not that good. I won't try to shy you away from trying it too much though- the QS environment in DHS is a bit of a mess, IMO, and there aren't a lot of QS options to begin with.

Worst pizza I have ever eaten, and I felt sick afterwards.

Frozen pizza is better, actually. It was seriously gross.

I've got to second what everyone else has said; I was excited to go to check out the theming but the pizza was pretty terrible (and I've eaten a lot of mediocre pizza in my day). You would think at a restaurant called "Pizza Planet" the pizza would be half-way decent :confused3

Thanks! I'll cross this off the list. I went did my master's in NJ and seriously became a pizza snob. We moved here to central IL and there is no pizza here that I would give a second thought too (cracker crusts and deep stuffed pizza cassarole!). ..so much in fact, that we bought a pizza oven and had to figure out how to make NY style/napoleon pizza from scratch. My little guy won't know what he's missing anyway....

IMHO, that is exactly what you will be getting, frozen pizza straight from the truck and right to the freezer. I'm not a fan for any of the pizza in WDW with the exception of Via Napoli. Perhaps a good character breakfast at Cape May or perhaps breakfast at Captains Grill or Trattoria al Forno that morning, a snack at Starring Rolls, and then your ADR at Prime Time or Sci-Fi a little later. When we plan a day at DHS we never eat lunch there. I personally don't like any of the cs in the park and just can't recommend one.
Totally agree!

I second the review of Pizza Planet, unless you like cardboard pizza with a gallon of sauce and a tiny sprinkling of cheese and toppings. I was there with Dsis 5 years ago, and wasn't impressed AT ALL!
:rotfl2: Thats a good way to put it!

I agree, the pizza there is awful. I'd avoid it at all cost. The CS options at HS are pretty bad to be honest.

Agree with the others - not the worst pizza in WDW (that would be Pepper Market at CSR) but it's certainly mass produced, frozen, then re-heated in rapid intervals. You'll see them all under the heat lamps at DHS.

The QS options at DHS are the worst of the four parks, IMO. If I HAD to choose, I'd go with Studio Catering Co. If you're looking for good QS pizza on your trip, try Wolfgang Puck Express in DTD - similar to Via Napoli but for a QS credit :thumbsup2

I guess my family is in the minority. We'd been avoiding PP on all of our other trips. We tried it on our last trip (Nov '13) & everyone liked it. The pizza is standard Disney pizza...not great, but not horrible. The meatball sub was actually quite good. The cupcake was fantastic. It was capuccino at the time. I'm not sure what they're offering now.

The sanwiches at Starring Rolls are very good & their cupcakes are wonderful. Sandwiches are pretty big & cupcakes are huge so great for sharing.

We used to love it there when it first opened, the pizza was ok, but with so many games the kids had a blast. However, we walked in there this past fall and there are so many tables now, they took away most of the games. I grabbed a pizza for a snack for my son and it was so gross we tossed it:( So sad...its a great idea with huge potential, but we won't be back.

We went to Pizza Planet in 2011. Frozen pizza and subs taste better and are cheaper from our local grocery store. None of us were happy that they served this c...p at WDW. :sad2:

By 2010 and 2011 we had really noticed the increase in food prices with a corresponding decline in food quality at WDW. We used to eat 3-4 dinners at the nicer restaurants but by 2011 we were only having one or two dinners. Hard to believe, but we canceled a ADR to Cali Grill, our favorite restaurant, because of these issues, and had frozen food from the AKV store.

We were looking at menus for our 2015 trip and it looks like things have not improved. :sad:

After our "meal" in PP, I doubt we would step in their again.

Later,
Dan

We...walked in there this past fall and there are so many tables now, they took away most of the games. I grabbed a pizza for a snack for my son and it was so gross we tossed it:( So sad...its a great idea with huge potential, but we won't be back.

Glad to hear that I wasn't dreaming when we ate there for the first time last month. I had these visions of some awesome arcade and was sorely disappointed...which matched my entire family's disappointment with the food. When a server can stack half a dozen pizzas on paper plates with no collateral/melted cheese "damage" to the bottom of a plate or the top of a pizza, that tells you what you're getting. With that said, we thoroughly enjoyed the cup-o-Caesar-salad that is part of the combo meals. If they changed the name to Caesar Salad Planet, we'd go back...maybe.

In my wildest dreams of what will supposedly be an expanded Pixar presence at DHS in the coming few years, I have a vision of a newly inspired Pizza Planet with flatbreads, breakfast pizza, fruit pizza, and various other pizza-inspired items (and a great arcade with lots of retro video games or other Disney-inspired games, like Tron, Fix-It Felix, etc.) that could really make this a great go-to quick service at DHS, considering the options are somewhat limited at the moment. But alas...I'm not counting on it.

Wow. We've never eaten at Pizza Planet, and after reading these reviews, we probably never will eat there.

Pizza Planet is the one restaurant my daughter asked to visit on our upcoming trip. It was her favorite restaurant the last few times we visited DHS, but we haven't been there since 2009. I don't know if she has quirky tastes or it has declined. I guess I'll find out.

Pizza Planet is the one restaurant my daughter asked to visit on our upcoming trip. It was her favorite restaurant the last few times we visited DHS, but we haven't been there since 2009. I don't know if she has quirky tastes or it has declined. I guess I'll find out.

We've had to stop by their, unfortunately, in 2006, 2009 and 2013 and it's been equally terrible. Kids usually don't mind as they're palate generally as picky and the frozen pizza is simply food.
It's not that it's 'disgusting', it's just simply freezer pizza that you'd get at any place that serves 'pizza' and doesn't have an oven lol. A ice-rink, theme park, etc.

I personally think it's terrible FOR frozen quality and I've eaten a lot of Ellio's and Slurpee's back in my 'Cheech and Chong' phase of high school.

Honestly I think even frozen pizza is better than the pizza at Pizza Planet. I'm really not a picky eater, either, I have few complaints about any of the food at Disney, and I certainly wouldn't expect gourmet from a counter service place. But it was just completely tasteless! They could serve those $1 Totino's frozen pizzas, and that would be better than the ones they have now.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter