DHS dining?

Babsy

DIS Veteran
Hi there everyone!

so, it is rare that we choose to eat in DHS. When we have done so, it has usually been the Brown Derby, but we are thinking to try something different for DHS and dinner this Feb.

Open to any suggestions - it's been a long time (like 20+ years since we ate in Sci Fi Dine in, for example) so if some places have greatly improved over the years, I would be glad to hear it!!

We would love to hear any of your experiences or preferences - good, bad or indifferent. Either QS or TS is fine.

OH, and ...Anything new that is noteworthy in the new Toy Story area?

Thank you!

Toy Story Land has Woody's Lunchbox. We didn't try it when we went recently because that whole area is just super small and outrageously crowded. Plus we have no desire to have to sit outside to eat when it's nearly 90 degrees so we may never eat there.

We had a good meal at Mama Melrose a few years ago. We liked having lunch at PizzeRizzo the past few trips but that recently closed. We're hoping they will reopen it.

To be honest, when it's time to eat, we leave the park as there's nothing there that we all like.

We have always been happy with Sci-Fi - love the unique atmosphere and have never had a problem with the food, although I know many others are not fond of it. I love the shrimp pasta dish, which has a kick, but w/o free dining last trip had a burger which was good. They had a yummy apple pie milkshake last fall while we were there as well. I guess it depends on how much of a foodie you are for what you will enjoy. You could also easily hop over to the Boardwalk as another option.

We really liked our lunch at sci fi. We just recently had lunch at 50’s pt and the food was just okay. Our server was hilarious so he helped make things better. If I had to choose between those two I would choose sci fi. We’ve also eaten at backlot express and we thought that was decent for quick service.

Prime Time is a ton of fun. It's comfort food and while the food won't change your life, the PB&J milkshake just might lol

On the other hand, Sci-Fi is an awesome choice, however I prefer to have lunch there instead

Enjoy!

We like Mama Melrose, however we are trying MInnie's Seasonal Dine this year. I am the loner in my crew who wants dinner there, but the reviews have been decent, and I want to see the characters in their Holiday finery.

I thought 50's was just okay.

The Sci-Fi is always fun, but we find the food there to be very average.
50's Prime Time Cafe - We go there on every visit. We have always had a good meal there and it's a fun place as well. The fried chicken dinner is really good.

50's Prime Time Cafe - Especially if you like comfort food.

Can't go wrong with the sampler plate which includes meatloaf, fried chicken, pot roast, and all the trimmings.

We are big fans of both SciFi and 50's Prime Time. While neither food blows you away and isn't signature level, they have quality offerings and of course atmosphere that can't be beat.

If you're looking for something more on par with HBD you may want to consider heading to somewhere on the Boardwalk as another option. We love Yachtsman and Flying Fish and the Swan/Dolphin restaurants are also quite good.

Brown Derby and Sci Fi are our favorite choices. I'm in the club that thinks the food at 50s is not awesome, and when people say it's good comfort food I want them to come to my house so I can cook for them, LOL!!
So it's Brown Derby for food, Sci Fi for atmosphere in my opinion.

We have an ADR for Mama Melrose this time, because we've never tried it even though I've booked it several times. I just always end up cancelling. Trying to break that habit and actually go this time :)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter