• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

DHS - Counter Service Options?

Another idea is to leave the park and walk or take a boat to the Boardwalk or Beach Club. You could do ESPN Zone or Big River Grille on the Boardwalk for TS. Or you do the Boardwalk Bakery or Pizza Window. Or you could go to Beaches and Cream at BC. We sometimes find it's nice to take a break and head out of the park for a while.

We ate at Studio Catering Co. last year and we enjoyed it. Obviously not the quality of a TS restaurant, but pretty good food! I believe me & my mom split the vegetable sandwich and we really liked it. My aunt got the buffalo chicken sandwich and enjoyed it - I actually think it was one of her favorite things on trip :rotfl:

I'll be honest - it has always surprised me the amount of love shown on this board for Starring Rolls. It's pre made sandwiches and over frosted cupcakes; not at all my idea of good eats.

This.

We ate there based on the love for it and I was not impressed at all. The sandwiches have too much meat, making them hard to eat, and the meat to spread ratio is way off. It did not thrill me that I could not choose my own spread. And the cupcakes were dry and looked way better than they tasted. It was an overall disappointing lunch. We would never go back.

We do Pizza Planet - I like sitting at a table outside near the fountain and I love their veggie pizza. I feel like all the CS at HS is so/so but I like Pizza Planet best. My daughter doesn't even know there's an inside to the restaurant because I don't like arcade games lol

I think the CS at DHS has really improved over the last 2-3 years. I like the burger topped with the fried shrimp at ABC Commisary and the Onion Straw Cheddar Cheeseburger from Rosie's All American is awesome!!!

Thanks - I'll definitely do my homework on those. This will be our first time to DHS with the little one in tow. Pizza Planet I'll really have to look into - she's a big Toy Story fan. She's all about Disney Junior these days too, so I need to do my homework. All I know about the stage show is that it exists! :rotfl:

Ohhh, she will LOVE Pizza Planet! We ate there just last week with our 3 & 6 year olds and they loved it. We all did! Food was decent & prices were not totally outrageous. Just watch the hours as they close before the park closes so if it's something you really want to do make sure they're open when you go.

And the Disney Jr. show is really cute! Just be warned it's all floor seating. My poor back didn't care for that part, but otherwise it's fun. :thumbsup2

If I see "This" as a reply on these boards one more time I'm going to bang my head against a wall. lol

One thing to remember is that Backlot Express also has the refillable drink stations, so you get a little more bang for you buck vs other counter service options in the park.

I really like Backlot Express. One of the big bonuses there, for me, is that you can refill your drink before you leave. Plus, it's a big place, so seating is not typically a problem.

I actually also like ABC Commissary. There's some kind of Asian salad there that I like.

I really enjoyed pizza planet! I love those little frozen pizzas lol, the caesar salad it came with was good, and so was the cappuccino cupcake!

I don't see mentioned to much on the forums here, but Studio Catering Co. is actually my favorite counter service place I've tried in HS. Granted, HS itself is my least favorite park to eat in, but the buffalo chicken sandwich and their pressed deli sandwiches are a welcome change from burgers and nuggets.

A couple of people have mentioned Rosie's. but, I don't see this as a listed restaurant on the DIS website. It is by chance called something different?

Thanks!

A couple of people have mentioned Rosie's. but, I don't see this as a listed restaurant on the DIS website. It is by chance called something different?

Thanks!

it's called Rosie's All American Cafe - on Sunset Blvd. Near the Tower of Terror & The Rockin Roller Coaster...

The kids love pizza planet. keep checking the reservations though they pop up all the time.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter