DH said I could, so I have! (AKA Milly's maiden voyage!)

emmamc252

Mouseketeer
pixiedust:
We have booked! (well just the cruise but that counts right?) So now my PTR can begin!!
First of all introductions! This is us...
me_n_milly1.jpg

Well, this is me and my Little girl Milly! This pic was taken yesterday and she is just 10 months old!:goodvibes Absolutely adore her, but then what mummy doesn't adore their little girl?:love:
This is DH / Daddy!!!
daddy.jpg

He really is a great daddy and a great hubby!:smokin:
Anyway!
We (as you can probably tell by my signature bar...) are big disney fans! We love the attention to detail and the great customer service! I think we like to go the disney route because we can feel safe that we don't have anything to worry about!:cool1: we won't be appearing on a holidays from hell program!
So, those of you that are on the orlando board may be aware that we are headed to orlando this year for a 3 week fmaily vacation together with my sisters family and my Mum!! AMAZING!!! BUT when the free dining offer for next year appeared DH said "I think we should do something different next year babe." :scared1: WHAT??? You mean not go to disney? You mean there are other holiday choices out there??? :confused3How Terrifying but I had to agree we have got intoa bit of a Disney rut because disney is so EASY! you book, we know where to go, its "safe." but yes, maybe we should venture farther afield!
So I did a lot of this....:surfweb:
And came to the conclusion that most places were only offering a pool/beach holiday:sad2:. I don't care if its all inclusive, 5 star or whatever, its still a pool and a beach! We are a very active family and whilst I do enjoy lounging by a pool or beach for a few hours, its usually after a long active day! We like seeing new places and trying new experiences! Obviously with DD being so young we can’t realy opt for city breaks or ski/adventure holidays so I continued to search and came up with 2 options...

1, California fly/drive doing san diego, LA, etc. Still all the theme parks but in a new location. (but is this cheating a bit?
2, Spend a week seeing “the real florida” and do a cruise!
So we researched these 2 options a bit more.

DH loved the idea of a cruise, something he has always wanted to do as his parents are really into the whole cruise thing! They normally go with royal carribean but they didn’t have any sailing dates that would work for us so DH actually said “what about a Disney one?”:yay:
“WHAT???? I thought you wanted a Disney free year?”
“well, more just not the parks etc. A Disney cruise sounds good!”
Err ok, lets book that! So after a bit of internet research, despite discovering DD is unlikely to be allowed in ANY of the pools (which did nearly put me off) we dcided to go ahead and book the cruise part!:banana:

We can sort flights and the “real florida” bit anytime but as we are travelling in peak season (easter 2013 my mother in law advised that we should get the cruise and our rooms booked asap!DH said I could so I DID!!!!
So we are heading out from Port Canaveral on 6th april 2013 on the Disney fantasy for 7 nights around the eastern carribean! We have an ocean view veranda room category 5c on deck 7. Booked the room so we are mid ship.Cannot really believe it!! Its something I think we always thought we would do eventually but so excited to be able to do it now! I wouldn’t usually book so impulsively, these discussions only started about 1 week ago and now we are booked! But ITS DISNEY! I have loads of time for planning and to research everything, which I fully intend to do and thankfully due to me getting a very nice promotion in work:teacher: that came with a “golden handshake” we could afford the luxury budget!
So thats really it for now!
So this PTR should hopefully grow from an impulsive booking of a cruise to a fully booked and thoroughly planned dream holiday over the next 11 months!!
Hope to feed back on the experience as a family with an infant!
Sending pixie dust to everyone!!!
Emma x x x x
:cloud9:

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter