DH had Pituitary Tumor Surgery

kathleena

<font color=FF99FF>Because everyone needs a Fairy
OK, so I'm a little late......I was so busy getting ready to leave for the surgery and so much to do at work.......I just never came back in after the visit with the surgeon to report that surgery was scheduled.

Just to recap - DH was dx with a benign, non-secreting, pituitary tumor last fall. We went to MGH for the surgery, because it is such a delicate surgery, that you need to have someone very experienced (the pituitary is the size of a pea, the tumor was about 1/2"x3/4" and it's in the middle of your head). This surgeon does 3-4/week. As opposed to someone up here in Maine that might to 3-4 per year.

We went to Boston and MGH on the 20th for pre-op. Surgery was the 21st. It was supposed to be at 11am. Then it got bumped to 1pm, then to 3pm. Seems they inserted another surgery in between DH and the first one of the day.

Everything went really well, the doc thinks he may have gotten it all. But they don't know until they do a follow up MRI in six weeks after the swelling of the pituitary gland has gone down. You can't even tell DH has the surgery, there is not a mark on his face.

All of his hormones are fine so far and he's having very little side effects.

I think we have tons of blessings here and things to be thankful for!

Best wishes for a full recovery for your husband. I hope they removed all of the tumor.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter