DH and I visiting in Sept - requesting ideas!

mj70148

Earning My Ears
Hello! I chose to post in this forum primarily because our trip started out primarily as a resort-only (ish) vacation.

A little background: We have a close friend who works at WDW and we're getting his friends/family room discount, and he'll get us in the parks 1-2 days, and we'll buy another 1-2 days of tickets, maybe. We don't want to do a lot of hard planning, at least this far out, except a few ADRs. We are going the first week of F&W, staying at POFQ. We are driving down. I was a CM about 7 years ago, and have visited several times since then, but DH has only been once. The last time we went was Sept 2013, park hopping all day every day.

This time, we want to move a little slower and spend a lot more time outside the parks. We want to go to F&W at least a couple of days, MK at least once, and we don't really care about DHS/AK (unless there is a great recommendation for a place to eat/activity to do). My questions for you guys here are:
-What are your favorite non-park things to do on property?
-What restaurants/bars are worth visiting (in or out of parks)?
-Any lesser-known hang out spots to relax during the day, and maybe get a drink?
-What types of activities are available to do at the different resorts (for a mid-late 20's couple - who love Disney)? I know of some things already but what have you done that seems worth the time/money?

Thanks for any and all feedback! If anyone has done resort-only vacations, please share what you like to do! :)

This time, we want to move a little slower and spend a lot more time outside the parks. We want to go to F&W at least a couple of days, MK at least once, and we don't really care about DHS/AK (unless there is a great recommendation for a place to eat/activity to do). My questions for you guys here are:
1. -What are your favorite non-park things to do on property?
2. -What restaurants/bars are worth visiting (in or out of parks)?
3. -Any lesser-known hang out spots to relax during the day, and maybe get a drink?
4. -What types of activities are available to do at the different resorts (for a mid-late 20's couple - who love Disney)? I know of some things already but what have you done that seems worth the time/money?

1. Rent a Sea Raycer on Seven Seas Lagoon, resort hop on the monorail loop, Miniature Golf, Carriage Ride at POR or Ft. Wilderness, rent a Surrey Bike on the Boardwalk, rent a Bike at Wilderness Lodge and ride it through Ft. Wilderness, Chip and Dales Campfire Sing Along, horseback riding at Ft. Wilderness, resort hop at the Epcot area resorts and catch YeeHa Bob's show at POR just to name a few.

2. Jelly Rolls, Big River Grille, Raglan Road, Yachtsman Steakhouse, Shula's Steakhouse

3. Grab a drink and - check out the animals at AKL, stroll around the lake at CBR, grab a seat on the Boardwalk and watch the boats and people go by

4. I haven't found an activity at any of the resorts that weren't worth the time and the majority of them are free. We thought the African Storytelling at AKL and the drawing class at AoA were some of the best.

Hi! We're a late 20s couple that does a mix of park heavy trips and resort heavy trips. Our favorite things to do on resort heavy trips are:

- Couples massage at the spa at the Grand Floridian
- Grabbing a drink at Mizners at the GF and listening to the orchestra
- Dinner and/or drinks at California Grill to see Wishes
- Mini golf
- The "movies under the stars" at the resort
- Tours! We've done Backstage Magic, Keys to the Kingdom, and the Steam Train tour so far. We used to be hesitant to do tours because you have to give up so much park time, but when we do them on the "relaxing" trips we feel like we get the best of both worlds.

Hope this helps!

the boat from POR or POFQ to DTD and back. My sister's favorite WDW ride!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter