DGCard order, what do you think?

SL6827

DIS Veteran
Screenshot_20230708-152655.png

Would this most likely be a plastic card or cardboard? And I wonder if an order of two would flag the system as fraud or would they let that slide?

I missed that.

I never buy the giftcards to save 5% because I feel that it's too big a risk to take if I end up not going to Disney. Sometimes plans change, you know? But I thought I was seeing 10 % and that I just might take a chance on!

View attachment 775975

Would this most likely be a plastic card or cardboard? And I wonder if an order of two would flag the system as fraud or would they let that slide?
It wasn't Target but I recently did the $500 GC from BJ's and received a plastic card still. My thought is smaller denominations sell more quickly so those likely would be the paperboard and larger dollar amount still has a stock of plastic?

I missed that.

I never buy the giftcards to save 5% because I feel that it's too big a risk to take if I end up not going to Disney. Sometimes plans change, you know? But I thought I was seeing 10 % and that I just might take a chance on!
Oh, I would eventually use them at Disney. Maybe at a later date, but I would use them up.

Oh, I would eventually use them at Disney. Maybe at a later date, but I would use them up.
Same here. They don't expire so we grab them every now and then for the 5% savings. Every bit helps.

I hope you don't get cardboard but if so, just be careful. If you have any older plastic GCs, just move the funds on the cardboard card to the plastic cards.

I have to buy some more GCs for our trip next month at Sam's which also has the 5% off. The multi-packs in our Sam's are plastic and I got an extra $20 off redeeming points from fetch. It's like a whole year of receipts to save $20 but I guess it's better than nothing. I stopped buying them at my Target and online since I don't like ordering GCs online and buying them in the store was a pain, they never had large denominations.

Sam's which also has the 5% off.
The most discount I’ve found at Sam’s was 4% in my case. Even that was on twin packs of $50 cards or 3-pack $25. The rest of the options were around 1.5%off

That being said, I bought a three pack to have physical cards (before I got my Target RedCard) and they were indeed plastic.

The most discount I’ve found at Sam’s was 4% in my case. Even that was on twin packs of $50 cards or 3-pack $25. The rest of the options were around 1.5%off

That being said, I bought a three pack to have physical cards (before I got my Target RedCard) and they were indeed plastic.
You're right, it's 4% at Sam's but it's easier to buy them in larger denominations at Sam's than at my Target, it's always a hot mess looking for large denominations.

Last edited:

I wait until Cash App has a 5% deal for Sam's. Then you get 9% off with no effort.

I missed that.

You can buy them online from your phone while sitting in your room after having just charged $500 to your room.

Zero reason to buy ahead of time and why Target discount is the best around since you never run that risk of having hoops to jump through and having your money tied up in gift cards.

With target I have always had delays with the email. I always go through Sams as I will always get more than 5% off with using a credit card that offers points/cash back.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter