"...developmet for Avatar out in California..." Has his been mentioned? Did I miss this?

arcadiandj

Later in life Dis'er!
She says it at about 11:31, and I was like, did she say California? Did she mis-speak?

Oh yes, and what a COOL view inside the brains of some amazing artists (I have to go on that ride!).

She says it at about 11:31, and I was like, did she say California? Did she mis-speak?

It just sounded like to me the person they were talking about was in California to collaborate with James Cameron with regard to Avatar land. I still assume the work being done even if while in California right now is for the Florida Avatar land.

Not sure how I did not snap a pic, but it looks really interesting in AK right now. There is a single structure up in the sky and it really looks like a floating mountain out there all by itself.

I agree with longtimedisneylurker that it sounded like the CM was saying that the person the film-maker was asking about had hasn't been coming into Animal Kingdom as often because he had been traveling to Mongolia and to California to meet/work with James Cameron. I agree that taken by itself it does sound like they're developing Avatar for California, but when taken with the rest of the interview, I think it just meant the person was out in California working on Avatarland.

In terms of construction photos, DisneyGeek.com had some from his trip to WDW in December.
http://disneygeek.com/wdw/pictures/2015_12_08/4

I haven't seen anything on Avatar for CA... I think between SWL and Marvel development rumors they have enough on their plates out here.

I agree with longtimedisneylurker that it sounded like the CM was saying that the person the film-maker was asking about had hasn't been coming into Animal Kingdom as often because he had been traveling to Mongolia and to California to meet/work with James Cameron. I agree that taken by itself it does sound like they're developing Avatar for California, but when taken with the rest of the interview, I think it just meant the person was out in California working on Avatarland.

In terms of construction photos, DisneyGeek.com had some from his trip to WDW in December.
http://disneygeek.com/wdw/pictures/2015_12_08/4
Ah so! I didn't miss it, I misunderstood it:) That makes sense. Thank you kind folks!:D

Very interesting at about the 33/34/35 min mark where the Imagineers CLEARLY did not want to discuss the fact of the fairly inoperable Yeti.
I bet that is a real sore spot for those folks. I'm guessing that Yeti cost some seriously big bucks and that the engineering oversights are a real black mark for the organization.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter