• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Details on Mobile Orders

cruisnfamily

DIS Veteran
We've never used the mobile ordering before and want to know all the details.

Can you give me all the details? What do we need to know? Where can we use it? Tips and tricks?

Plan the meals ahead and order ahead on the timing. It saves A LOT of time if done right. When busy season, the app gets buggy and they can outright shut down mobile ordering on the food places. eg beignets around Fantasmic

We love mobile ordering = fastpass of eating.

Best one we've done: Dole whip- fast, easy, bypasses HUGE line daytime. This one you can almost order with slots within 15minutes of desired time

I'm definitely planning to make use of this on our trip next week, but I have a question. Are you able to do special orders on mobile ordering, for instance, a burger without mustard and pickles? Or can you just get standard-issue foods? My daughter and I are both kind of picky when it comes to condiments/sides.

I'm definitely planning to make use of this on our trip next week, but I have a question. Are you able to do special orders on mobile ordering, for instance, a burger without mustard and pickles? Or can you just get standard-issue foods? My daughter and I are both kind of picky when it comes to condiments/sides.

There is a very small amount of customization you can do, you can go into the app at any time and go through the process without actually placing an order to see what is available for specific items regarding customization.

The customization options seem to be highly variable-some places seem to have a lot of customization options while others have almost none. @gillep suggestion to preview in the app is a good way to go.

We really like mobile ordering, especially now that they've added the allergy menus and options in there too (DD14 is gluten free). Also, if you have an AP linked the account you're ordering from it will automatically include any applicable AP discounts.

Make sure you already have the official Disneyland app downloaded and installed on your mobile device. Create an account and link a credit card to it. From there, you can actually check out mobile ordering without being in the park. From the map, select the location that you're interested in and then you can see what items are offered via mobile order and what amount of customization is available. Just don't actually place the order and you'll be fine.

It's worth noting that not all items that are available at a location are available via mobile ordering. Some places only have a limited menu, other places only put commonly available items on the app. I know that Jolly Holiday will often have more items available at the location than is shown in the app (mostly in terms of the desserts).

Thanks everyone! I didn't realize I could access mobile ordering and check out the menus before we actually entered the parks. This will be a huge help with our planning!

You can only use a credit or debit card to pay for mobile ordering...or for anything in the app (maxpass, tickets, etc). Sometimes people will put their food money on Disney gift cards and get sad and realize they can’t use them for mobile ordering.

Another tip, if you know where you want to eat. You can choose a time a few hours in the future, and then when you’re ready, you can click “prepare my order”. My friends and I did this on Columbus Day when it was crazy packed and we had no problems getting our food from mobile ordering places.

Another tip is that if you order and then can’t get there within your return window, you can change your return window. So if you order for pickup between 12-12:30 and then walk by a short line or something, no need to stress - just kick your pickup time back.

Also, if you never click “I’m here, prepare my order,” it won’t charge you.

We found that on all of mobile orders but one, once we clicked "I'm here, prepare my order", the food was ready in minutes. We did have to wait about half an hour at Bengal BBQ one day.

We found that on all of mobile orders but one, once we clicked "I'm here, prepare my order", the food was ready in minutes. We did have to wait about half an hour at Bengal BBQ one day.
1/2 hour!?! :( That's our go-to mobile order spot and usually 5-10min is the typical. Great timing usually to find sitting space and not too long to occupy while others wanting to sit.

Am I the only one that typically clicks the “I’m here” button once I start making my way there instead of after actually getting there? 😁

1/2 hour!?! :( That's our go-to mobile order spot and usually 5-10min is the typical. Great timing usually to find sitting space and not too long to occupy while others wanting to sit.
Happened to me once at hungry bear. Took me 40 minutes to get the loaded onion rings

I did a lot of mobile ordering on my last visit. Word of caution: mobile orders might take longer than actually lining up and ordering.

I ordered some pumpkin beignets and stood on the mobile orders line and waited nearly 30min to get them. At the same time I watched the regular line disappear within 15min of me standing there. The workers meanwhile could not help out the mobile orders line because everything was coming in through a single laptop an employee was authorized to use.

I did a lot of mobile ordering on my last visit. Word of caution: mobile orders might take longer than actually lining up and ordering.

I ordered some pumpkin beignets and stood on the mobile orders line and waited nearly 30min to get them. At the same time I watched the regular line disappear within 15min of me standing there. The workers meanwhile could not help out the mobile orders line because everything was coming in through a single laptop an employee was authorized to use.
The Mint Julep Bar is one of the places where Mobile Order is hit or miss. I have used it at; Pacific Wharf, Gibson Girl, Adorable Snowman, Award Wieners, Cocina Cucomonga, Corn Dog Castle, Lucky Fortune, and Paradise Garden Grill. All have been significantly faster than walk up times. However, I tend to wait in line at Pacific Wharf now because I like to customize my bread bowl and you can't do that on the app.

One bit of warning...be careful when ordering during busy lunch times on busy park days...I was at DCA earlier this month and I was using the Mobile App at Lucky Fortune and right when I pressed the CONFIRM ORDER button, my order disappeared and I was charged for the meal...they had turned-off the Mobile App system becuz they were getting slammed with too many orders...it took 2 managers and 30 mins to find my order in the system...so I suggest eating at off-times....but usually the Mobile App works great....

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter