• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Destino Tower or POFQ?

wdwphan

Earning My Ears
Going next June and trying to decide between Port Orleans French Quarter or Coronado Springs Destino Tower. What is everyone's thoughts?

I feel like those are two very different experiences. I've stayed at POFQ and would stay there again in a heartbeat, but the tower "looks" more adult-y?

If I was adults only, I'd probably take the tower, but with kids, I'd want a resort that had bathtubs.

French Quarter is by far my favorite moderate. We would be staying there next trip except for the fact that we stayed at AKL last trip and now the girls have informed me that they are deluxe girls. Another vote for if you have younger kids stay at FQ otherwise try the tower.

I love POFQ, but will be staying at The Tower in a week or so (had to cancel my YC because of Dorian)....and to rebook was way too much muula! :crazy2: I'm very excited about staying at the Tower since we will definitely be trying out the food and beverage options!

POFQ is a nice intimate boutique-y type of hotel by Disney standards. Meaning it's not this vast, sprawling estate like the others. I think if there are kids under the age of 10 in your party this is a great resort. It's close to MK, EP and HS so if those parks are pretty easy to get to.

Gran Destino Tower is new and has a lot of bells and whistles ( also by Disney standards ). It's also leans more towards the deluxe feel. If your party is just a 2 adults then I would give this place a try for the deluxe feel and more of a moderate price.

Thetimtracker has done some really indepth tours at both resorts ( on youtube ) and the dis also did one for Gran Destino.

After staying at the tower last week with my wife and daughters (12 and 15) it's going to be hard for us to stay anywhere else. LOVED IT!

After staying at the tower last week with my wife and daughters (12 and 15) it's going to be hard for us to stay anywhere else. LOVED IT!

What did you love most about it? We are staying there next May, two adults! Did you use the feature pool? Walk wasn't bad?
I love the bridges over the lake, I think I'll walk around them every night!

How did you find the bus to be? What stop did you use?

thanks!

How was the bus service? Where did you pick up the bus? I wasn’t sure about the order of the bus stops now. Thanks!

Loved everything from the design, to rooms and especially the staff.

We aren’t ‘pool people’ so I can’t comment on that.

As far as the busses go, that’s the one sour note. Tower is stop 1, which we found was the last stop for pickup and drop off. This was rough in both directions. No seats going out and a longer trip back. Ended up using Lyft a lot (the $12 rides were worth it in the August heat).

Even with the busses, it’s now become our favorite over places like Wilderness and Boardwalk.

we'll be staying at tower in feb. However if my wife did not have issues because of needing power scooter we would stay again in french quarter

We absolutely loved the GDT! New and clean and beautiful! But buses were not optimal. Mostly had to stand on the way to the parks since it’s the last pick up. And it’s also the last drop off after park days so it’s a longer wait then.
The views from standard room were incredible!!! You could see GE, SE, ToT, both fireworks from HS and the EP fireworks as well.
Last year we stayed at Pop and the bus situation was much better, so thinking POFQ busses would be better than GDT.
Honestly, I’d probably pick GDT.

Thanks for all the suggestions, we have decided on Destino Tower, even with 2 smaller kids the rest of the family wants to try the new tower. So hopefully no regrets.

Just came back last Sun. We were in a standard room on the 11th floor of the new Gran Destino Tower and would probably choose this over any other moderate (I've stayed at all of them) . The views are fantastic plus love having indoor corridors, especially during rainy weather.

Attachments

• received_356527131895404.jpeg
    received_356527131895404.jpeg
    44.6 KB · Views: 14
  • received_682840908862391.jpg
    received_682840908862391.jpg
    62.1 KB · Views: 15
  • received_2461816314056064.jpeg
    received_2461816314056064.jpeg
    72.2 KB · Views: 14
  • received_686976121779549.jpeg
    received_686976121779549.jpeg
    61.5 KB · Views: 15

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter