Destination D23, 8-10 Sep 2023 @ WDW's CR

Trying not to get my hopes up and I know that past Destination Ds have been more about updates than announcement, but the recent Iger interview about plans to expand capacity at the parks and Bruce Vaughn's return makes it sound like they are actually going to start greenlighting projects again.

If not, we'll probably get some updates on Tiana's, the Disney Treasure and Avatar at Disneyland, plus a panel on Disney @100 since the actual 100th anniversary of October 16 :D

If not, we'll probably get some updates on Tiana's, the Disney Treasure and Avatar at Disneyland, plus a panel on Disney @100 since the actual 100th anniversary of October 16 :D
This would be enough for me. I mainly go for the side stories from imagineers, animators, etc. The big announcements I'll hear about later anyway, and nowadays those parts are live streamed as well.

I'm also hoping that there will be a special MNSSHP night for attendees since last year at the expo we got OBB at DCA. But it's probably unlikely, and in that case I'll hope for a regular MNSSHP on Friday Sep 8 since we'll be there anyway.

Trying not to get my hopes up and I know that past Destination Ds have been more about updates than announcement, but the recent Iger interview about plans to expand capacity at the parks and Bruce Vaughn's return makes it sound like they are actually going to start greenlighting projects again.

I wouldn’t get my hopes up. It’s not the Expo. It’s more about history. So many people were disappointed and angry, because they expected announcements that didn’t happen.

As between the Preferred and General seating, it seems to state that even with General you are guaranteed a seat? I know with D23 last year my DH and DD lined up HOURS ahead even though they had reservations for panels. Haven't been to this one. Can someone explain if that is the same? Wondering if Preferred is worth it? Thanks!!

As between the Preferred and General seating, it seems to state that even with General you are guaranteed a seat? I know with D23 last year my DH and DD lined up HOURS ahead even though they had reservations for panels. Haven't been to this one. Can someone explain if that is the same? Wondering if Preferred is worth it? Thanks!!
Destination D23 and D23 Expo are different. The former is a much smaller event. There aren't concurrent panels, there is only one room (Fantasia ballroom @ CR) where all the panels happen. If you have a ticket, you get in. If you have preferred, you can sit in the front, if you have regular you can sit everywhere else, but everyone is guaranteed a spot. There not going to be hour-long lines to get in since it's not necessary to guarantee a spot (though there will still be some comparatively minor lines because people want to try seating closer to the front). There aren't reservations for panels since everyone gets into all the panels. It's not as stressful as the Expo.

Wondering if Preferred is worth it? Thanks!!
It's worth it if you want to pay extra to sit in the front sections. It's not if you don't care where you sit so long as you get in. There will be screens also for folks farther back to be able to see details. We're not going to spend the extra on preferred because we'd rather use that money for merch or possibly MNSSHP, which I'm hoping will be happening on the Friday night of the event 8-)

Wow, my number in line is 4437. Seems like I have no chance but I am going to stick it out. I remember some of the early Destination D event I picked up tickets a week before.

I'm in line... place 9422 hahaha...
if anyone has an unused link for a lower number pls share... thanks! :)

How many does the conference center hold? I'm like 8000 so thinking it's unlikely but will wait

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter