Destash 2023 Use it or lose it

Goal Tracker:

137 of 500
items were either sold, donated, thrown out, given away, used or lost.

Sold: 10

Donated: 73

Threw Out: 50

Gave to Someone: 0

Used: 4

Lost: 0

Listing Progress:

Listed Online: 41 items

To List Online: 610 items

Reality Check:
Added to Clutter: 0 items

It was a good week for clearing out!

containers (broken, orphaned lids, etc) - 12
office supplies - 8
products used up - 2
book - 1
craft supplies - 450 (not a typo)
misc - 5

I just more than doubled my year-to-date total, and far exceeded my goal!

Total: 900/500 Items

just some random comments/suggestions-

Just an FYI - old towels and blankets in particular can be donated to your local animal center or vet…
yes, yes, yes! our local shelters are always soliciting for these.

9 expired items (2020/21) from baking pantry - trashed
i toss out way less since i started using a sharpie and putting in LARGE print the expiration date on the side or front of every baking item (reminds me to use stuff).

I’m going thru tax files . Probably don’t have to worry about being audited from 1976 anymore
try to keep a file with something that proves your name/address for every address you've ever lived at (an old bank statement/a w-2 form that was mailed to you). in the event you live in a state that has an unclaimed property division and you/a deceased relative have money or assets available to you-being able to prove where you lived at a given point in time can be a requirement.

It was a rough week but I distracted myself by doing things:

craft supplies - 517 (small items, but still counting!)
clothes - 5
products used up - 1
misc - 57 (where does this stuff come from??)

Total: 1480/500 Items

Goal Tracker:

152 of 500

Sold: 10

Donated: 87

Used: 5

Listing Progress:

Listed Online: 54 items

To List Online: 552 items

Reality Check:
Added to Clutter: 0 items

March update: Another lackluster month for getting rid of stuff :( but some stuff has left and that is what matters!

1 pair of sneakers - trashed
1 dead pen - trashed
1 dead marker - trashed
1 bad roll of tape (shreds apart too easily)- trashed
1 small bag of tile mortar (hardened up in storage) - trashed
1 pair of socks - trashed
8 dried out dry erase markers - trashed
2 gift cards -used up and trashed

16 items left
60 of 500 total or 12% of goal

1 wheelchair given to middle ds. It was my grandmas when she lived with us and he might use it for his mil.
1 costume oldest ds found in his room which he didn’t take when he moved out. Renaissance Faire ready and brand new.

Goal Tracker:

153 of 500

Sold: 11

Donated: 87

Used: 5

Listing Progress:

Listed Online: 80 items

To List Online: 543 items

Reality Check:

Added to Clutter: 0 items (Need to update this later. i definitely added some things.)

Another week, another pile!

Geocaching supplies - 2
Purses (why was I keeping broken ones?) - 3
Car touch-up paint (I no longer have that car) - 1
Artwork - 1
CDs (backups, etc) - 89

Total: 1593/500 Items

We are planning to clear out and sell our manufactured home in Maine. The trouble is over the years we have added a duplicate of nearly every item in this house to that one. I’m overwhelmed just thinking about it. I plan to keep some items like towels, linens etc but I won’t need another full set of crockery, dishes, silverware and pots and pans or another of each small appliance. Would having an Estate sale make sense?

Here we are, Friday again!

shredded paperwork - 1 bag
office - 3
products - 3
data CDs - 50
craft supplies - 2
household - 5
outerwear - 18 (so many SHOES!)
misc - 4

1679/500 Items
I need to donate so many shoes! I have not worn heels in years and I have at least 2 dozen pair!

We are planning to clear out and sell our manufactured home in Maine. The trouble is over the years we have added a duplicate of nearly every item in this house to that one. I’m overwhelmed just thinking about it. I plan to keep some items like towels, linens etc but I won’t need another full set of crockery, dishes, silverware and pots and pans or another of each small appliance. Would having an Estate sale make sense?
Definitely. Or a series of garage sales. Or group items together in lots and sell online.

1 costume oldest ds found in his room which he didn’t take when he moved out. Renaissance Faire ready and brand new.
you just reminded me to put another 'to do' on my list and start contacting some of the local theater groups/college drama departments. you know the largest size tote type containers? i have probably a dozen that are filled with costumes and wigs (most only worn once or twice) o_O between decades of doing theater and having 2 kiddos that were into cosplay i have a ton of stuff that is just sitting unused.

if you live in an area where garage sales are well attended it might be worth the time and effort but i don't think you would get much for those kinds of items (they are sold for next to nothing at our local thrift stores-heck they won't even take dishware anymore and are selling sets of beautiful china plates for pennies a piece as shooting targets:eek:) BUT if you happen to have any military bases nearby you might contact them to see if they have anything in place where they keep a supply of basic household items on hand for military families who are transferred in and arrive prior to their belongings. we lived near an airbase and they had what they called 'the airman's attic'-we donated a number of items when we moved (got a list from them of what they were looking for-what was left over we contacted a local vietnam vet's organization that would take anything usable).

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter