Dessert Party Solo - Go or No Go?

Discussion in 'Disney for Adults and Solo Travelers' started by darlaya, Nov 1, 2018.

1. darlaya

darlaya Mouseketeer

I booked the Star Wars: Galactic Spectacular Dessert Party for January 8th. It happens to be the first night of this event. I have never gone to a dessert party so I am just wondering if this is going to be totally awkward being solo. Would love to hear others experiences.

2. Ensusieasm

Ensusieasm DIS Veteran

I have gone to a dessert party solo. I had my own table, at MK for Happily Ever After , and then got a good spot for a Plaza Garden Viewing. I enjoyed it. I’m not familiar with The Galactic party. If you have to share a table it may be more awkward I think.

3. Avatar

Advertisement

4. SG131

SG131 DIS Veteran

I’m planning to do Jingle Bell Jingle Bam solo in December which is pretty similar to Star Wars. It’ll be my first solo trip but I’m fully embracing WDW and doing all I wanted to. I’ll also be eating at Biergarten solo. If it’s something you think you’ll enjoy go for it!

5. HooplaFan

HooplaFan Earning My Ears

Totally worth going solo. Everybody is focused on the show, so no need to feel self conscious.

6. darlaya

darlaya Mouseketeer

Thank you all. I booked it because it was something I wanted to do and was really excited until self-doubt creeped in.
    Self-doubts be gone pixiedust: I am going to Disney party:

7. HooplaFan

HooplaFan Earning My Ears

Enjoy the desserts--make sure you go hungry to maximize the gorging! It is quite the spread--I'm allergic to chocolate and there still is plenty for me to choose from.

smokeyblue and darlaya like this.
  8. BrianL

BrianL Doom Buggy Driver

I wouldn't worry about it at all. There is no seating, just tables you can stand around. Nobody would likely even notice, or care. I would invite people to join my table. You'll have fun!

darlaya likes this.
  9. TheDisneyNurse

TheDisneyNurse DIS Veteran

My sister went solo to the dessert party and loved it! I've never gone solo, but if I did, tours and dessert parties would be my go-to. I think they're great social events.

KNovacovschi and darlaya like this.
  10. AntJulie

AntJulie DIS Veteran

I believe there is seating now. No more standing at tables. PP seem to like the seats better.

11. dcassetta

dcassetta DIS Veteran

The only dessert party where I was uncomfortable was Frozen. I was sat a table with two women who were clearly bothered by my presence to the point of active rudeness. Really enjoyed the Star Wars event as the food and drinks were good and the character meet and greet lines were short.

12. mommyoftwinfants

mommyoftwinfants DIS Veteran

I was planning on booking this during my short solo trip but like you wasn't too sure on the dessert party solo, maybe we can meet up.

13. kwdw

kwdw DIS Veteran

I did the Star Wars one solo. I think it was my favorite one to do solo because it was primarily SW fans - and those fans can chat about anything related to SW. I had great conversations with a couple of different groups over the course of the party. Actually ran into the one group the next day in a different park - we were literally in line next to each other at Under the Sea at MK the next day. Chit chatted like old friends for a bit - and then off on our separate ways again.

BrianL likes this.
  14. GAN

GAN DIS Veteran

Don’t worry -you’ll only be as solo as you want to be at Biergarten since it’s community seating! It will be a great time I’m sure -enjoy!

15. darlaya

darlaya Mouseketeer

most definitely.

16. Gafnorin

Gafnorin Earning My Ears

If you want to do it and are solo DO IT. Enjoy it. Relish in your personal space and talk to whoever you want as they’ll never see you again. Or just enjoy your own company.
    #mejealous.