dessert party food choices?

Yes. Yes you do. :rotfl:

I suggest nixing the sugar cookies, which are pretty unremarkable. :thumbsup2 If that still isn't enough, I'd throw the chocolate chip cookies overboard too. They aren't bad, but they're not anything to write home about. The kids won't miss 'em! The Chocolate Peanut Butter Marshmallow Squares, on the other hand.....

I was thinking of nixing the cookies or the rice crispies. Cookies it is then...:thumbsup2

Do they still offer the chocolate fondue? I saw it in someone's pictures, but don't see it on the menu posted here. Also, which countries will they allow you to walk to from International Gateway? Would Italy be allowed? No wedding attire by the way. Thanks!

Does anyone know if they allow you to walk in if the DP is at the UK lochside? i really don't want to have to pay for the bus again if I don't have to!!

Does anyone know if they allow you to walk in if the DP is at the UK lochside? i really don't want to have to pay for the bus again if I don't have to!!

In 2006 we were allowed to walk in to France Upper for our welcome party. We were staying at the Yacht.

Fabulous thread!!!

I would like to humbly ask for more dessert party food pics!

Also, I would love to know about the walking in thing. Mine is at Terrace du Fleurs- is that French Upper or Lower?

Do they still offer the chocolate fondue? I saw it in someone's pictures, but don't see it on the menu posted here.

They may have removed it for a reason, but you can always ask about things you want that you don't see. We had a DP the other night and chose some things that are not on the current menus.

Also, which countries will they allow you to walk to from International Gateway? Would Italy be allowed? No wedding attire by the way. Thanks!

If you're not wearing wedding attire you should be able to walk into any of the DP venues. It's the whole bridal gown thing that makes things tricky, and sometimes weather. Like everything else with DFTW, it all depends....

We walked in to UK Lochside with an event guide, in our formalwear.

Is there a fee in addition to the cost per person?

Yes. There is a venue-rental fee, a $75 setup fee, and a $12.95/person viewing fee for anyone who doesn't have park admission. And if they tell you you need to charter transportation, there's that too.

Fabulous thread!!!

I would like to humbly ask for more dessert party food pics!

Also, I would love to know about the walking in thing. Mine is at Terrace du Fleurs- is that French Upper or Lower?

You should be OK to walk to Terrace des Fleurs (French Upper) in your dress with an event guide. However, again, this is all up to DFTW's discretion. :)

Im subscribing so i can find this later to show DFi thanks

I picked things I liked from the petit classics and florida style menu and got a custom price ($22/pp).

Bowl of Tiramisu
Mini Cheesecake
Chocolate Fudge Brownie
Fruit Custard Tarts
Petit Key West Lime Tarts
Fruit Punch, Coffees and Teas

Thank goodness you mentioned this. I want a dp so bad but when i saw those menus there is only two things on that whole page which my df would eat, and lets face, its his party too so he should have stuff he likes. Can you just have a beverage dessert party??? And can you have your wedding cake cut at the dp (im hoping to have my reception at living seas so the cake will be in epcot anyway!)?

Thank goodness you mentioned this. I want a dp so bad but when i saw those menus there is only two things on that whole page which my df would eat, and lets face, its his party too so he should have stuff he likes. Can you just have a beverage dessert party??? And can you have your wedding cake cut at the dp (im hoping to have my reception at living seas so the cake will be in epcot anyway!)?

I went to a dessert party of a friend of mine (Nkkilala on this board), and she had her cake cut during the dessert party. I'm not 100% sure, but I think she mentioned that the cake counted towards the minimum of the food required at the DP. She had the cake and some chocolate covered strawberries (I can't remember if there was anything else - I was too busy eating the cake, it was so good lol!).

a bulid a brownie station!!!!! whoa! Okay so now i HAVE to look into the dessert party in Epcot!

we ended up going with the build a brownie and vanilla and chocolate ice cream.. i think we also added those Peanut Butter Marshmellow squares mentioned earlier since i love PB..

Does anyone know any of the non dessert items that can be added? All I can find is limited hot and cold selections.

I had the petit classics with some modifications but the hit of the night was the CHOCOLATE SHOTS!

white chocolate with amaretto
dark chocolate with grand marnier
and
plain milk chocolate
(so that the kids could partake in the fun and decadence).

They were served with berries and small cookies for dipping but most people just took it like a regular shot (and yes there is a pic of me in my wedding dress doing this!)

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter