Dessert parties

poohbears75

Mouseketeer
Looking into the different dessert parties for August. Which is the best for seeing the fireworks and projections on the castle? Is the Treats and Seats the best one?

I've only done the pre-party and watched from the Hub. The view from there is straight on to the castle, so you can see the projections and fireworks as they were intended to be seen. There are a few random light poles and short, skinny trees that will be in your sight line no matter where you stand, but they aren't big enough to affect the view substantially. There is no place to sit, except on the ground before the show starts, and the CMs ask everyone to stand when it begins. I haven't done Treats and Seats, but from what I have gathered, the view is somewhat off to one side, so the projections aren't as visible, and the fireworks don't "frame" the castle, and you don't get that full effect. I imagine it would be nice to have seats, but I think there are some drawbacks visually. There are a couple of threads that discuss the dessert parties in detail, and there are pictures on those that may help you make a decision.

Looking into the different dessert parties for August. Which is the best for seeing the fireworks and projections on the castle? Is the Treats and Seats the best one?
Since your main concern seems to be the view, the pre- or post- party is your best bet. The viewing area for that is right in front of the castle. As others have said though, there are no seats.

The Treats and Seats party has seating but the view is slightly from the side and from vlogs I’ve watched, a smallish tree blocking some of the view.

We’ve only done the post party and would try the Treats and Seats next time. The fireworks were delayed for rain for us so we stood out in the viewing area in the rain waiting for the show to start. I’d rather have a partially obstructed view then go through that again.

Have fun whichever you choose!

I've read so many posts about the views being blocked and people being disappointed they spent so much money on the party. That's why I've never booked...seems it's a 50/50 chance of a decent view.:confused3

I have done both dessert parties where you view from the hub and from TT. The view from the hub is way better. There really wasn't a bad spot and we didn't have to stress out or worry about getting there early enough to save enough spots for the family.

Actually, we are doing the pre-fireworks party again in June.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter