• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert parties in July - sold out or not released?

julzinthebox

Earning My Ears
Is anyone else unable to book dessert parties at MK for July? I’ve been trying constantly since our first 60 day mark for various days mid-late July (ideally want 21st) and the whole month of July (and June actually) shows the Buzz ‘no availability’ message. When I call they say it must just be selling out quick each day, but can that really be the case? I am on checking at the right time every day (have tried midnight, 5am and multiple other times through the day). Have the dates just not opened up yet despite being way beyond 60 days out now? Are the parties being pulled? Any help much appreciated!

I can't speak for the dessert parties specifically, but a week or two ago they took dining down for maintenance and when it came back up they forgot to re-open several restaurants -- SciFi, Citricos, and Via Napoli are the ones I am aware of. All 3 randomly this week started accepting reservations again (this was for all of June and the first half of July). I'd suggest to continue checking. The same thing may have happened to dessert parties as well.

ETA: I think this happened w/Droid Depot as well. There was a ton of June availability prior to the dining maintenance and now it says all slots are taken for June.

Last edited:

I've been looking for the past few days (it's not our ADR day yet but I was trying to get an idea for availability) and nothing has shown up, even early morning at 60 days out, so I think there might be something currently going on with the system.

I’m having enchanting extras issues as well, with the beachcomber shacks at TL. I hope they open them soon but I hate to call every day for weeks

We have been trying to book the dessert party for July 29 or 30 since last Sunday when the reservation window opened for us. I have yet to see any availability for any of the parties on either of those days. I'm pretty sure they just have not been released yet. There's no way they could have sold out that quickly.

Tried to book Capture your moments at MK for July 27th at 4am for 60+10 (fell asleep just before midnight) and no time was available. Droids and Savi after July 23rd took days to open. Haven’t looked at parties but maybe they have issues with enchanted extras?!?

This happened for May dates, so very possible they had a glitch or forgot to release some of the dates. I think they finally fixed my dates about 30 days out. After that we had plenty to choose from, even up to the day of.

Some Enchanting Extras for end of July just opened!! I just booked Capture your Moments at MK for July 27th.

I called about shacks at 7 this morning, but I am calling back now just in case. My luck would be I call at 7, they release the dates at 8 lol. Good thing I work remotely on Wednesdays!

I'm glad to see this thread... I was panicking as my window just opened for my August trip and dessert parties showed no availability at 60-60+5. I will keep trying and hope they just haven't been released!

Glad to find this thread and see that others are having the same issue… I thought dessert parties were selling out instantly at 60 + 10 or something, because I always got the Buzz Lightyear icon as well, no matter what days I searched.

I check multiple times a day for my date in July. I keep hoping something pops up.

Anyone have any luck yet? I tried the chat on the website and they just said "if it says unavailable it must be sold out." Hmmm...

Anyone have any luck yet? I tried the chat on the website and they just said "if it says unavailable it must be sold out." Hmmm...
Nope. I've been looking for early August every morning at 5-6 am. 60 day window is open but I really don't think it's a sold out issue since those parties have been available within 60 days every other time I've checked.

Nope. I've been looking for early August every morning at 5-6 am. 60 day window is open but I really don't think it's a sold out issue since those parties have been available within 60 days every other time I've checked.
Sorry -double-posted by accident

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter