Dessert before Dinner: a trifecta of dining reports? Update 9/22 LTT COMPLETE!

I think we will have to try Morimoto at some point. We don't usually do too many TS during our trips, but the food sounds so good. I would love to try those ribs! (I actually have ribs in my slow cooker for dinner tonight :))

I'd wanted to try this place but Steve never seemed interested, although when I mentioned it to him for this trip he said no way, he'd have been fine eating here before :rolleyes1 Communication is key to a marriage, ladies and gentlemen!

:rotfl: Oh Steve! What a guy!

Steve also enjoyed his drink, especially that cute little lychee in there. At first he thought it was an onion-call us old or naive or whatever but neither of us knew what lychee actually looked like lol.

:laughing: I only know what lychee looks like because we had them show up in our grocery store once and Nathan convinced me to try them on a whim. It is awful cute with the little lychee in the drink!

Nice and simple however I enjoy Miso soup. This was delicious! It was your typical Miso soup but with a stronger, kind of sharp taste if that makes sense.

I'll have to mention this to Nathan since he loves miso soup.

So this clearly isn't a half rack but I can't seem to find the dish under apps or small plates on the current menu?? I'm hoping the Disney website menu is just plain WRONG because it would not be RIGHT to remove these in any way! I do not eat ribs. I never really liked them, I don't like getting messy when I eat. I just never got into them. However hearing so much about the ribs here and since Steve likes them I wanted to give them a try, and it's probably the best decision I've made since having kids!!! You cannot go here and not get ribs; I guess if you're a vegetarian I'll forgive you. These are fall of the bone, tender as all get out, spiced incredibly delicious meats. That chili glaze :cloud9: They aren't spicy so no worries if you don't like that;

Yum! Sounds like a winner!

not sure exactly what the hairyness is but it doesn't matter.

:rotfl:

Last to arrive, but the BEST by all means!!!! LOL!!!:P

I don't like getting messy when I eat.

Umm, yep, me too. I've heard about these ribs being awesome, so may be I will have to get over my fear of having sticky, dirty hands and just go for it...

Jumping in. Came over from your other report but not sure I comment on it....

Either way that all looks delicious! I wanted to go to Morimoto this Saturday in NYC and my husband shot it down.... now I’m annoyed..

(Which I assumed was the same owner but now I’m not sure)...

So glad to read the Morimoto review! That is one someone in our group wants to go to and I was not looking forward to it...now I am!

Wow, this place is absolutely gorgeous.
It really is! It's rather "stunning" if I do say so.

You are my perfect food describer :thumbsup2 You answered every question I could have had, in a way I understood ::yes::
lol :hug: I think we need to go to Disney together and then write a combined dining report; we'll have people LOVING our descriptions!

Those ribs were so scrumptious! It looks like a good first restaurant for your adults only trip!
@kastoney told me they ate there last night and I was droolingly jealous thinking about those ribs!

Too bad I'll never get Rob to eat there. He had what he calls a "bad experience" with Chinese food, y'know when he was like TWELVE, and he just can't get over it. :rolleyes:
OMG :rotfl2:That's like my kids. Back in 2014 they had nachos at La Cantina De San Angel and then about 4 hours later, both were throwing up in our Little Mermaid room :crazy2: They both swear it was the cheese on the nachos even though I'd eaten them too and was fine, and while I've had their nachos like 100x since then they both flat out REFUSE to eat them there! And I guarantee that will stick for life.

Love Morimoto! We ordered three of the same dishes as you. Everything was delicious! Glad you were able to try it!
Ooh what did you get? There are even more apps I want to try but we knew we needed to calm down lol

Yay!!! Love your reports!!!
:welcome: and thank you for saying that :goodvibes I hope you enjoy this one as well.

Usually a lurker but thought I'd pop in and tell you how much I enjoy reading your reports!:wave:
Hi @aidansmommy and :welcome: I'm glad you finally said hello and I hope you enjoy this one too!

Booked Morimoto's yesterday, I CANNOT wait for those ribs.
Awesome :thumbsup2 When are you going?

he ribs and dumplings look so good ! I wonder if the 5:00 thing is due to the switch from 1 TS credit at lunch to dinner being 2 TS
You know what? I never thought of that but it makes perfect sense, I bet that IS why they wait until exactly 5. We haven't done the dining plan in years so I don't even consider that.

Did I miss the link for this? Glad to be here! :-)
What, you mean you missed how I awesomely got this link in my TR? I'm so proud of myself for that!
But I'm glad you're here, too

Following along! I miss the pad thai that used to be on the menu at morimoto. All your food looks really good though.
I used to hear so much about that! Well now it looks like the ribs aren't on there as an app so I hope they stop changing it!

hey’re having a special event in a week or two themed “Rose all day” (as in the wine but can’t get the accent mark on my iPad) and now I think I may need to go.
That sounds cool!

I have heard the same about the ribs and have the same dislike for messy eating. Thanks for trying them- now I will have the courage to as well!
You're welcome :thumbsup2 I took one for the "no messy eating" team :laughing:

Love how they paced all the dishes for you!
So did we, and our server actually told us he'd do that when we ordered. I have a feeling they get lots of tables just doing a bunch of apps.

Great photos--the restaurant really does look beautiful.
Thank you! I really is, the upstairs sushi bar area looked wonderfully decorated/themed as well although we didn't go up there.

Ok Im late! But totally here now. Pulled up my chair and grabbed my drink!:drinking1
Yay! :welcome: Sofia!

(I actually have ribs in my slow cooker for dinner tonight :))
I hope they were good :) Morimoto is definitely a good one for a trip with few TS's.

I'll have to mention this to Nathan since he loves miso soup.
::yes:: Next time we go I'll be starting off with the Miso again!

I'm here!!! Looking forward to hearing about all the food!
Hey Kathy!! Thank you for coming over, I need to catch up on your report.

Last to arrive, but the BEST by all means!!!! LOL!!!:P
I won't argue :-) Glad you're here my friend.

I've heard about these ribs being awesome, so may be I will have to get over my fear of having sticky, dirty hands and just go for it...
You can thank me for giving them a try by driving me around in May lol but they're definitely worth the mess.

Jumping in. Came over from your other report but not sure I comment on it....
:welcome: I'm glad you commented here and thank you for coming over!

wanted to go to Morimoto this Saturday in NYC and my husband shot it down.... now I’m annoyed..

(Which I assumed was the same owner but now I’m not sure)...
Hmm. I don't know for sure but I'd think it is? And I think I have to suggest we visit the one in NY to Steve.

So glad to read the Morimoto review! That is one someone in our group wants to go to and I was not looking forward to it...now I am!
Cool! You mean our May group? I didn't know that, I'd for sure go back but I don't think I have a free night in May :(

Cool! You mean our May group? I didn't know that, I'd for sure go back but I don't think I have a free night in May :(

No my September trip...my sister is coming with me and she is a very picky eater.

when I mentioned it to him for this trip he said no way, he'd have been fine eating here before :rolleyes1 Communication is key to a marriage, ladies and gentlemen!

Yes communicating OVER and OVER again till it sticks :D

Sake Sangria
sake, light white wine, plum wine, asian pears, apple, plum, tangerine juice

This sounds fabulous :drinking1

img_0650-jpg.384678

So pretty!

This looks tasty! I want to eat at sooooo many of the Disney Springs restaurants and I only have one day scheduled there... Maybe I can convince my kid's to skip pool time? Nah....

That meal at Morimoto looks great, now I’m craving miso soup. Was your sangria very sweet? The flavors sound great.

This sounds fabulous :drinking1
It was along the lines of the best sangria I've had in Disney!

I want to eat at sooooo many of the Disney Springs restaurants and I only have one day scheduled there... Maybe I can convince my kid's to skip pool time? Nah....
::yes:: there are quite a few more I'd like to try and it's easier when it's just Steve and I lol. Maybe you tell them they can get dessert if they give up some pool time? Or put in a pool at home :rotfl2:

That meal at Morimoto looks great, now I’m craving miso soup. Was your sangria very sweet? The flavors sound great.
The Miso was SO good. And no, the sangria actually was less sweet than most I've had and I loved it that way, even though I normally go for sweeter drinks. It had so much flavor too!

DH and I were in Disney over President's Day weekend and had 3 of our 4 dinners at Disney Springs, one of them being Morrimoto's - and I had the "full rack" of ribs and it was only 6 ribs and they were delicious!!! DH had a few nibbles and agreed!

Can't wait to hear more!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter