• Controversial Topics
    Several months ago, I added a private sub-forum to allow members to discuss these topics without fear of infractions or banning. It's opt-in, opt-out. Corey Click Here

Dessert at 'Ohana

ShariB

Mouseketeer
I know the dessert they serve at 'Ohana is a bread pudding with Bananas Foster sauce. Can you get anything else? The reason I ask is that my DS HATES bananas and we have a ressie there so wondering what, if anything, he will be able to get for dessert. My sis remembers going a few years ago when they served pineapple with caramel sauce for dessert and she said it was wonderful. Anyone else a "banana hater" :laughing: that had luck getting something else?

Ok, I should have done a search before I posted this as I found this question was asked not too long ago. Sorry!
The answers on the other thread left me with another question however. Are there bananas in the bread pudding or only in the sauce? Or aren't there bananas in the sauce and it is just caramel?
Can someone give me a quick description of this dessert? I get that it is bread pudding with ice cream and sauce over top but what is in what?
Thanks!

I'm not sure what the sauce is but DH tasted and said I wouldn't like it but would love the rest. He had our server bring me just the bread pudding (no nanners in it that I saw or tasted) and ice cream. It was YUMMY!!

Dessert. At. Ohana. OH. MY. GOD.

Great dessert! But I'm not sure if there are any alternatives.

My DH is the pickiest eater alive (waaay worse than any toddler! Lol), and I can tell you already, he will NOT eat the bread pudding. Even without the bananas. He won't even taste it... (maddening, I tell ya!!).

We have a ressie there next Sunday, so I'll be sure to report back here and let you know how it went and if he was able to get anything different.

You can definately get the pineapple with carmel sauce. DS is allergic to chocholate, and the chef, said there was a small amount of white chocholate in the bread pudding dessert so they served her the pineapple.

I also believe you can pay extra for some very fancy dessert's if you desire something else.

The bananas are only in the sauce! I have a strong aversion to bananas as well, but the bread pudding at 'Ohana is one of my favorite desserts on property. It's wonderful, even without the sauce. The pudding melts in your mouth, and the ice cream balances it perfectly.

actually with the bread pudding i only noticed a few banana slices in the caramel sauce which is put seperate in a little creamer type thing so it could easily be taken out. There was no bananas that i remember in the bread pudding itself and also the vanilla ice is put seperately also so i think this shouldnt be a problem.

The bananas are only in the sauce - you could easily dip him some without it if they don't have any alternatives. If I remember correctly, I saw a child at another table get a cupcake while we were there.

I plan on asking if Kona can grab me a serving when we eat there in June. :worship:
Try the desserts at Kona! They're AMAZING!

I love this dessert, but the sauce is just way too sweet for me so I ask them not to pour it over and then it is just perfect.

My DS hasn't learned to appreciate good bread pudding yet, so they bring out a seperate dish of ice cream for him and he always gobbles it up. I think this ice cream is different from the rest of the parks. It has a little more vanilla bean flavor to it. Anyway, it's fabulous and leaves DS totally satisfied. :thumbsup2

Another banana boycotter here! (I think I ate way too many banana sandwiches as a kid...now I can't stand them. I won't even eat bread if it has been laying BESIDE bananas because I can taste the bananas in it! :lmao:) But, I will say, the bread pudding at Ohana... :lovestruc :lovestruc :lovestruc. There was only a few slices of bananas in the sauce, but I just picked around them and didn't really "taste" them in the sauce! My DH and I are going in less than two weeks and I cannot wait for that bread pudding!!

You can ask for just a bowl of vanilla ice cream, and they always have the celebration cupcakes on hand, so if you ask nicely. they may be willing to give him one of those.

They are super nice at O'hana, so I think they would be sensitive to a child's aversion!

First of all - this is our favorite dessert. The bananas are only in the sauce and they generally bring the bread pudding with ice cream out and a separate pitcher of the sauce - either the waiter or you can pour the sauce on - so if you do not want the sauce just don't put it on. You can always try it first to see if you like it.

3-09DisneySheldonsBirthdayPart1255.jpg

We were there this past February and someone in our party was alergic to something in the breadpudding and the chef came out and spoke to the person and made a separate dessert for him.

My step son does not like bread pudding (he does not know what he is missing). He is now 21 and always asks for just a bowl of the ice cream.

Linda

I have nothing to add, but I just wanted to tell you all that I just licked my computer screen. August can't get here soon enough. I could DRINK the sauce (and I have...but that was after a Lapu Lapu).

I have nothing to add, but I just wanted to tell you all that I just licked my computer screen. August can't get here soon enough. I could DRINK the sauce (and I have...but that was after a Lapu Lapu).

:rotfl::rotfl::rotfl:

Isn't the sauce the BEST. I have never had a Lapu Lapu - but have heard great things. I will have to try one next trip.

Linda

Thanks for all the info! It sounds like he will be able to avoid the dreaded bananas and still have a yummy dessert. I had to chuckle a little at the one response- that they are very understanding for kids-this DS is 21! but I didn't think to explain that. Sorry!
Thanks to the poster with the pics too. I agree about licking the computer and I've never even tasted this yet :laughing: . It looks yummy!!

I'm glad I stumbled across this thread. We have a ressie at 'Ohana and I forgot that DB#2 is allergic to bananas! It's not a severe allergy but he says his throat gets tingly.... I'll tell him to "lay off the sauce"! :lmao:

I love bananas, and bread pudding.. but I HATE the 'Ohana bread pudding. Maybe we've gotten bad batches, but I think it's gooey and too sweet. I asked for an alternative last time I was there and got vanilla ice cream with Mickey sprinkles.

I hate bananas, but love the dessert at Ohana. I just picked out the bananas from the sauce, and everything was great!

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

Latest posts

facebook twitter