DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

I'm looking around the web for reviews. Most of its operation saw waits of 2 hours or more. The 2 preshow rooms and indoor queues sound amazing from what I hear. Then comes the ride, which focuses more on his daughters. I'm taking a guess that Gru is the focus of the preshows as Universal has been saying Gru turns you into minions. I'm actually hearing the ride is shorter then Jimmy Neutron by maybe 15 seconds. The ride is getting rave reviews, but some have an impact on the indoor queue.

Please answer ASAP! We left UNIVERSAL on Thursday and I am sick about missing my chance. We are now about 2 hours away from Orlando at the beach and headed back to Texas early in the morning/Sunday. We will not return to Universal for a few years, so this is a big deal.

Please tell me if the people allowed on MM have been regular park goers or just TMs. Also, do you know if park goers will be allowed to ride on Sunday/today?

If so, we may be willing to drive 3-4 hours out of our way to ride it. But I need to know FAST!

Thanks!

Please answer ASAP! We left UNIVERSAL on Thursday and I am sick about missing my chance. We are now about 2 hours away from Orlando at the beach and headed back to Texas early in the morning/Sunday. We will not return to Universal for a few years, so this is a big deal.

Please tell me if the people allowed on MM have been regular park goers or just TMs. Also, do you know if park goers will be allowed to ride on Sunday/today?

If so, we may be willing to drive 3-4 hours out of our way to ride it. But I need to know FAST!

Thanks!

You better be glad I'm up at 1 in the the morning. Today, soft openings started around 7:30, but they would of started earlier if they weren't setting up the wait time. It will be open today, but it's off limit to guests 2-4 PM, since that's when TMs can ride. I'd go and see what happens, but you're more likely to find a soft opening around 11 AM or Noon.

Just so everyone knows the post show is the dance party, so you have three options when you leave the vehicle:

1. Dance!
2. Stand back and watch the people dance.
3. Bypass it completely and go into Super Silly Stuff.

I know, I'm just hoping for a chance to go on it while I'm in Florida :) I'll check there a bunch then on Monday!

Thanks!
The attraction has been open for anyone during this soft opening period but there is no way of knowing if it would be open when you happen to visit so I wouldn't chance it. Soft openings have no scheduled operation schedule so even if it's open now there's a good chance that it would be closed when you arrive. Unless you're willing to spend a day to take a chance, I wouldn't worry about it.

Does anyone think they'll be a soft opening on Monday at all? Thats when I'll be there.
There's no set operating schedule...it's all luck of the draw.

The attraction has been open for anyone during this soft opening period but there is no way of knowing if it would be open when you happen to visit so I wouldn't chance it. Soft openings have no scheduled operation schedule so even if it's open now there's a good chance that it would be closed when you arrive. Unless you're willing to spend a day to take a chance, I wouldn't worry about it.

There's no set operating schedule...it's all luck of the draw.

Thanks ...... :sad1:

I was at universal web it opened at 6 yesterday and waited an hr and a half, the first room u go into, Grus house is purely aww inspiring, it's amazing!!!! But the ride itself is fun but it's not l
Very long or really fun, don't get me wrong, it's fun just not really fun!!

Thanks!

just dropped in to check if EMom did a Uturn and came back.....for the ride.

The ride opened at 2 today. Rumors are going around saying if the dance party is a flop, they'll turn it into a M&G.

Indeed, the ride is now in tech rehearsal mode. That was faster than I anticipated. So if you have the chance to ride it, do so! It'll be officially open soon enough. :cool2:

I got to ride tonight!! There were some tech problems that resulted in a lot of standing around waiting for doors to open, but none during the ride portion itself.

Have to say, I hope they keep the dance party. It was really adorable! I'd like to see more minions there - they had 2 - but love the chance for informal interaction. I danced with a minion!

This is not a blockbuster, it's not new technology, but it does use really good 3D with the fancy glasses like they have a spiderman, and it's a load of fun.

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter