DESPICABLE ME MINION MAYHEM UPDATES-Please Post them here

From Orlando united thread:

Live Softs updates by @JTorrenga and @nfochairman:
@*************** @JTorrenga @BehindThrills @UORnews here now and workers have no idea what I'm talking about.
Queue speakers are currently live and haven't been in the past.
Still nothing yet, although ride safety instructions are playing overhead.

Posted on Orlando United Forums:

From "Universal News" dated June 4 -17, 2012

UniversalNews.jpg

Just got back...Nothing stirring at the ride...the hight requirement sign is up....no workers in sight....
:sad2:

(ps) new spiderman was awesome!

Was there over the weekend - it rained down there on Friday and 4-5 of the ride employees were outside cutting the rope and setting up the metal posts to manage the lines (which was on the side street leading toward blue man group).

I got excited and said "are you having a soft opening?" - They replied "No"

You could hear all of the sound effects, the crashing, the minions giggling from outside.

Was there over the weekend - it rained down there on Friday and 4-5 of the ride employees were outside cutting the rope and setting up the metal posts to manage the lines (which was on the side street leading toward blue man group).

I got excited and said "are you having a soft opening?" - They replied "No"

You could hear all of the sound effects, the crashing, the minions giggling from outside.
Probably 'cuz they've heard that same question a billion times! :goodvibes

JUNE 4 UPDATE:
OK...Obviously, the "surprise" trip has been pushed back a few weeks...probably best for me anyway. I'll continue to monitor everything y'all throw out there. Thanks!

Modified our on site for a Jun 24th check in...so now-Universal...you just cost me some serious dough here. This better be a really awesome attraction!! ;)

Buck, i really hope the minionions are open when you go for your trip!

Thanks Red 1...or 2...or......If it's STILL not opened by June 19, I'll reschedule again.
Other than the "Heat Factor"....late June is probably gonna be a bit less hectic for me. Park crowds are gonna be insane, but we've done the Christmas rush several times, and lived to talk about it!

Video going around now of the new universal commercial saying the ride is open now. Its posted on the Orlando united forum or you can go to the Orlando informer twitter. It could be a possible mistake but I'm excited now! Lol

Late June really isn't crowded.
Our 1st...(and only...so far...)-summer Orlando trip was pretty miserable. It rained every day...just enough to add another 20% to the humidity levels.
Felt like home. ;)
Pre WWOHP, the crowd levels, if I remember correct were no worse, perhaps "better', than late December is now.

Saw the commercial last night while watching Castle. Heading there now to check it out.

Now I really need to know...is it open? We will be heading to Universal during our upcoming vacation. June 25th is my Universal park day. I would love to be able to see the new attraction. :goodvibes

Lots of annoyed people at opening who saw the ad. cM's had no idea what anyone was talking about.

Lots of annoyed people at opening who saw the ad. cM's had no idea what anyone was talking about.

My son saw some postings about the "False Start".
His comment:
"Someone really doesn't know what they're talking about".

:rotfl:

Me and my friend our going Thursday to Saturday and I'm just praying it will be opened by then

GET A DISNEY VACATION QUOTE

Dreams Unlimited Travel is committed to providing you with the very best vacation planning experience possible. Our Vacation Planners are experts and will share their honest advice to help you have a magical vacation.

Let us help you with your next Disney Vacation!

facebook twitter